Relegation?

Ambitious

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I can't see the EFL giving us a point deduction before the season is over. If they do then given our run of games left i think we'll be in real trouble with relegation staring us in the face. But, i just can't see them doing it. 

What do you know that others don't 

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

.. Bigger clubs than us have had a taste of that league...

A mate of mine tried to make out that a former winner of the European Cup even went down to that level!  Well, I can tell you, once I'd stopped rolling around the floor laughing, I didn't half give him some stick!  Absolutely the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard!  As if!  

Makes you wonder if there will even be an EFL next season if they deduct us points and we go down, by the time we have sued them and won, then the team who finish 3rd bottom sue ,because they were told they were staying up then told they are actually going down because we won, and win the coffers at the EFL could be a bit empty.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Makes you wonder if there will even be an EFL next season if they deduct us points and we go down, by the time we have sued them and won, then the team who finish 3rd bottom sue ,because they were told they were staying up then told they are actually going down because we won, and win the coffers at the EFL could be a bit empty.

Why are you so confident we can beat the EFL in a legal case. 

I think they would’ve only brought charges with a strong case against us. 

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It doesn't end there... all those minnows sell thousands of extra season tickets, as there fans are excited about being able to welcome such a big club to their place, plus a massive day out at PPS.  Those teams spend that extra income on better players/higher wages.  We then win the appeal, and regain our championship standing, at the expense of 'Boro.  All those little people demand refunds on their season tickets... understandably... and those clubs then also sue the EFL, as it puts them right up a financial Poo Creek without a paddle! 

I think it would be easier all round for the EFL just to take a step back, and leave us alone!  

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Why are you so confident we can beat the EFL in a legal case. 

I think they would’ve only brought charges with a strong case against us. 

I guess it depends on if you believe Mel is telling the truth or not. If he is and they have admitted errors on their part in signing off the stadium sale then we have a very solid case. I believe him as i dont believe he would have put out the statement if it wasnt true.

I personally think the EFL are floundering and grabbing at straws because they know they are at fault for the situation and its either us or them (with Boro's threat to sue on the cards).

33 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I can't see the EFL giving us a point deduction before the season is over. If they do then given our run of games left i think we'll be in real trouble with relegation staring us in the face. But, i just can't see them doing it. 

I did think it seems quite late, but Birmingham had their point deduction nearly a full month AFTER this point so it wouldn't surprise me. I don't envisage any way we go down without a heavy point deduction, I'm just not entirely sold that we're going to avoid one and it happen this season. 

The EFL's methods effectively helped kill a founding member of the football league, so I don't think we're going to receive special treatment - arguably the opposite. 

The situation is that the current point deduction could eventually save Middlesbrough - the club that tried to sue the football league into punishing us in the first place. It's poetic in a sick sort of way. 

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I guess it depends on if you believe Mel is telling the truth or not. If he is and they have admitted errors on their part in signing off the stadium sale then we have a very solid case. I believe him as i dont believe he would have put out the statement if it wasnt true.

I personally think the EFL are floundering and grabbing at straws because they know they are at fault for the situation and its either us or them (with Boro's threat to sue on the cards).

I honestly think Derby will get a points deduction of minimum 9. 
I wouldn’t underplay this if I were Derby and that’s why they have hired a top QC .

EFL could give us a points deduction and relegate Us no problem and in that case an appeal wouldn’t save us. 

5 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Why do you need to know? Are you trying to make a point?

I’m just making the point that our away form is diabolical 

I’m  going Saturday and hoping for an improvement .

I just thought you were being flippant about Derbys position. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I honestly think Derby will get a points deduction of minimum 9. 
I wouldn’t underplay this if I were Derby and that’s why they have hired a top QC .

EFL could give us a points deduction and relegate Us no problem and in that case an appeal wouldn’t save us. 

Then if we appeal and win and it's too late it will cost the EFL tens of millions.

Dangerous territory for them.

One reason i think the panel will need to be seen to punish us to save the EFL blushes but only a slap on the wrists that will have no impact.

It does stink though.

Either mel/Derby are lying about the admission of errors by the efl, or the efl are corrupt.

I know what i believe. 

Archived