Relegation?

Ambitious

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I don’t want to go up, Winning 6 or 7 games a season maximum....Bournemouth, Palace, Watford, Villa, Southampton, Brighton, burnley wolves....all beating us without breaking sweat....and then playing all the top 6 or 7 home and away and standing no chance at all......having to go to places like west ham...

no thanks. 

I find this view ridiculous. To go up means having a chance among the elite. If we go up, we get better players and get a better team. I prefer seeing us win more but if there’s no ambition to play in higher divisions then what’s the point? 
you know we wouldn’t have the same team if we got promoted. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

I find this view ridiculous. To go up means having a chance among the elite. If we go up, we get better players and get a better team. I prefer seeing us win more but if there’s no ambition to play in higher divisions then what’s the point? 
you know we wouldn’t have the same team if we got promoted. 

ahem....

Derby-County-660x330.jpg

34 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

We’re currently 8 points off the drop .... a lead that’s been cut with a significant upturn in form from a couple of the bottom 3.

we have a very very hard run in 

our away form is totally inept 
our hone form in terms of points yielded is creeking 

we are facing a potential points deduction 

I’m sorry my friend but anyone that doesn’t think we’re not still in a bid to survive needs to wake up ... we’re in a relegation scrap make no bones about 

It would take the teams in the relegation spots to maintain promotion form for a quarter of the season, ours to drop to relegation form, and others in between to improve from absolutely absymal to mid-table form.... and/or the EFL's disciplinary process to be the quickest in their history. There's only 1 month left for that punishment to be dealt this season. Sheffield Wednesday haven't even had their legality case revealed yet and they were 1 month ahead of us. That's also ignoring any appeals process. 

Your comment on home form "creeking" is a load of ?. Yes we've drawn our last 2 games (1 against 3rd in the league and 2nd tightest defence away from home). But, before our 4 game winning streak we were without a win for 3 games. Our home form (over 6 games) was only better than it is now when we went on a 5 game winning streak.

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I don’t want to go up, Winning 6 or 7 games a season maximum....Bournemouth, Palace, Watford, Villa, Southampton, Brighton, burnley wolves....all beating us without breaking sweat....and then playing all the top 6 or 7 home and away and standing no chance at all......having to go to places like west ham...

no thanks. 

I agree the thought of struggling every week in the Prem isn’t very appealing but at least it would only be one season then we’d be back in the championship. Whereas if we go down we could be stuck in league one for years.

9 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Just realised when reading that actually how many points we’ve literally thrown away 

I really am fearful for the outcome of this season

just want to get it over and roll in the summer where I can have a break from it all quite frankly ... hopefully not with the dogs basking in a promotion too

god this could shape up to be a shocker of a year for us 

Calm down dear..... 

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

ahem....

Derby-County-660x330.jpg

Exceptional circumstances- the owners were pulling out and weren’t going to spend money so we got second and third choice targets. I like being in the championship but honestly wanting relegation promotion is a bit of strange  thought because we might just become a league 1 team for 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Exceptional circumstances- the owners were pulling out and weren’t going to spend money so we got second and third choice targets. I like being in the championship but honestly wanting relegation promotion is a bit of strange  thought because we might just become a league 1 team for 20 years. 

I know just pointing out sometimes promotion can actually set you back....which this did.

2 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

Yeah, but if we played Newcastle every week we'd have made the champions league...

Imagine how bad they must feel, we got 4 points off them and should really have got 6.

Just now, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Seems to be a lot of assumptions about promotion meaning automatic relegation one season later and relegation means immediate promotion. I don’t think football works like that. I personally love championship football. But it would be great for the club to eventually be back in the big time.

Oh I agree...Sheff Utd for example.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It would take the teams in the relegation spots to maintain promotion form for a quarter of the season, ours to drop to relegation form, and others in between to improve from absolutely absymal to mid-table form.... and/or the EFL's disciplinary process to be the quickest in their history. There's only 1 month left for that punishment to be dealt this season. Sheffield Wednesday haven't even had their legality case revealed yet and they were 1 month ahead of us. That's also ignoring any appeals process. 

Your comment on home form "creeking" is a load of ?. Yes we've drawn our last 2 games (1 against 3rd in the league and 2nd tightest defence away from home). But, before our 4 game winning streak we were without a win for 3 games. Our home form (over 6 games) was only better than it is now when we went on a 5 game winning streak.

When our away form is as totally inept as it is... dropping anything at home is a worry ... so my point is valid I’m afraid sailor.... we’ve chucked away valuable points and leads against relegation threatened Huddersfield who were nothing short of Turgid and as u say 3rd place but who were winless in 5 and out of form fulham

I wish I could share ur optimism bud I really do 

I just still see a team that has no where enough at either end of the park ... having watched this club and football for over 32 years Iv seen enough teams who also don’t have it in either box come crashing down in a blaze of glory 

it’s all very well passing the ball nicely in relatively harmless areas of the pitch, where your centre backs have more of the ball than any other player on the pitch but it’s what u do in the boxes that counts 

we can’t defend, like we really can’t defend ... and we may or May not convert what chances we do fashion 

that’s why I’m worried 

Promotion would give us a bit of rest bite from these rancid financial restrictions we're currently under. I don't care if we came straight back down providing it would essentially help us financially for the next 5 years - importance on signing young, promising players punching up rather than experienced players punching down. It seems to be the common theme when teams come down and struggle. 

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

When our away form is as total ly inept as it is... dropping anything at home is a worry ... so my point is valid I’m afraid sailor 

I wish I could share ur optimism bud I really do 

I just still see a team that has no where enough at either end of the park ... having watched this club and football for over 32 years Iv seen enough teams who also don’t have it in either box come crashing down in a blaze of glory 

it’s all very well passing the ball nicely in relatively harmless areas of the pitch, where your centre backs have more of the ball than any other player on the pitch but it’s what u do in the boxes that counts 

we can’t defend, like we really can’t defend ... and we mayor maynot convert what chances we do fashion 

that’s why I’m worried 

Your comment said our home form is "creeking", which it most certainly is not. If anything, it the trend suggests it's gradually improving. Given our away results yield below relegation form, it would take more than 'occasionally dropping something at home' for our overall form to make us relegation candidates - our form at home suggests we should be challenging for the title! That's a massive turn around for us to drop into the bottom 3.

Archived