Relegation?

Ambitious

9 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Just been thinking about this again. A deduction due to the amortisation policy could see us lose 6 points (less with mitigations), whereas a £10m difference in stadium profit would see us lose 3 points (less with mitigations), so I suppose your point of which is the bigger worry stands. But, I don't agree with it resulting in 'ending P&S'. After a period of 3/4 years of using our method, things level out.

I fully understand your argument, and it was also mine. I think your understanding of our tangible assets policy is the same as mine was. Amortisation has the same start and end points, we just adjusted the middle bit to suit. I've been told that this is wrong. We,  apparently, count out of contract players as having a significant value - which makes no sense and is why it ends P&S.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I fully understand your argument, and it was also mine. I think your understanding of our tangible assets policy is the same as mine was. Amortisation has the same start and end points, we just adjusted the middle bit to suit. I've been told that this is wrong. We,  apparently, count out of contract players as having a significant value - which makes no sense and is why it ends P&S.

Sounds like a misunderstanding to me. I imagine we’ll have a better idea when our accounts come out next month. 

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

A very odd post. Bills are paid in cash, not assets. The assets of a football club are also very hard to to turn into cash quickly. As an accountant, I am sure you know that cash flow is what causes companies to fold. Our cash flow is almost completely dependent on the largess of our owner.

I should have put net current assets rather than net assets.

Current being the operative word, should not be that hard to turn into cash quickly.

Beyond that not really sure of the point you are making?

You seemed to suggest that a company can just revalue any asset to create profit, that is just wrong.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

If we have been counting out of contract players as having significant value then we are bang in trouble.

Very interested to know where you have heard that from.

Archived