Coronavirus

1of4

You watch, we probably dont have enough special freezers to keep the millions of this new vaccine....

A massive thank you to the scientists and the regulator for approving this so quickly. This will bring so much confidence back into a fragile country. Bring it on, sign me up for a jab.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Eventually the article gets to the point - the the government need to be far more transparent on the risks and the legalities/indemnities in play for anyone agreeing to take this vaccine. Failure to do so "will fuel conspiracy theorists and ant-vaxxer myths"

Sadly, by the time they get to that conclusion, they've already written a big long article full of fuel!

Being cynical, I think the fact they plan to roll it out first to the most elderly is a fortuitous strategy which means any wider side effects that come to light will be in people who are nearly dead anyway...

That is sick thing to say someone's loved are in homes for different reasons.

4 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Being cynical, I think the fact they plan to roll it out first to the most elderly is a fortuitous strategy which means any wider side effects that come to light will be in people who are nearly dead anyway...

Of course if the most elderly were further down the list we know there would be something to be said about that.

2 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

As long as we don’t go thinking they’re stopping us or anyone else picking up a virus. 

garden fence to stop a fly from next door... etc....

I don't think that is an accurate analogy. I'd say more the garden fence stops the pesky little kids who live next door from coming over to my garden and annoying the crap out of me, however I know full well if I sit out there long enough while they are screaming their heads off in the garden that I'll have the crap annoyed out of me anyway.

The fence however provides me some protection from the annoying little bleeders. 

22 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Still waiting for their ventilators to be delivered.

Not sure if true but heard that the EU have put back a meeting to discuss approving the vaccine because they don't want to risk having to isolate over Xmas. If true it is absolutely shocking.

I wonder what those who criticised the Government for not signing up to the EU programme will now have to say for themselves?

Its far from justifies the Brexit vote but this is a perfect example of one of the shortcomings of the EU.

7 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Eventually the article gets to the point - the the government need to be far more transparent on the risks and the legalities/indemnities in play for anyone agreeing to take this vaccine. Failure to do so "will fuel conspiracy theorists and ant-vaxxer myths"

Sadly, by the time they get to that conclusion, they've already written a big long article full of fuel!

We’re doomed. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/12/02/everton-fans-will-require-negative-covid-19-test-goodison-park/

32 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Just cos I know some of you enjoy both Talk Radio and Dr Mike Yeadon...

Haha - is that aimed at me?

It's certainly one of his less controversial interviews - or at least it is for the first 5 mins when he talks about the vaccination. Doesn't really say anything I disagree with there

But then JHB starts goading him into the dafter stuff "some people are saying it should be a mandatory vaccine" - are they? Who is saying that? Beyond media outlets trying to stir up ratings?

But then finishes it off nicely with his "we're at herd immunity" statement. I think that's quite laughable

The law was changed here a few days ago.  Now, the minister of health can force every Icelander to be vaccinated.  i don't trust a vaccine that has been rushed through like that, or the idea of it messing with my DNA and that of my loved ones and i definitely will resist it being forced upon us, however futile such resistance might be in the end.

Archived