Coronavirus

1of4

10 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I still don't really know why you're aggressively addressing these questions to me in particular, as I've already said multiple times I am witholding my final judgement on the vaccines until more data is made available, more studies of the efficacy and more transparency from the government on where people stand should it start to cause side-effects.

But the question of "vaccine certs to live as normal" is an interesting one.

If you are able to switch out of hysterical mode and think about it rationally - every vaccine I've ever had is on my medical record. The same goes for all of us. If someone asked to see what vaccines I had, I could pull it up on my phone within 15 seconds and show them

So from the individuals point of view - having a "vaccine certificate" or not, is a moot point. That's like saying do you want a medical record or not?

The real question isn't "should individuals have vaccine certs - it's "should businesses/event be allowed to insist on seeing the individuals vaccination record before allowing them to enter?"

That's really  a question for the individual business isn't it? If they want to stay open, and they think that's the way to do it then that's their choice and who are we to tell them otherwise. There has been a lot of talk about how we need to protect the economy and how sad it is that lockdowns have forced so many small businesses into bankruptcy. So I don't think anyone should be stopping them from doing whatever they need to do to operate a functioning successful business on a long term footing

Should it be a mandatory thing forced on all businesses? Absolutely not. But then (again) I don't think anyone is saying that

Out of curiosity - how do you do this?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I notice we are still yet to hear much from the people who were heavily critical of the Government for not signing up to the EU programme.

Indeed. That might be because every time any political reference was made on here, the screeching became almost intolerable, so folk just avoid any such points coring, yourself excepted, of course.

That said, since you are bemoaning the lack of such commentary, I have to say that your 'surprise' is mirrored by my own.  What with all the nationalist crowing on social media, that a 'British' vaccine has been developed and approved before US and EU equivalents, few of those talking up the UK's world beating exploits seem to be aware that it has been developed by developed by American drugmaker Pfizer and Germany's BioNTech using funding from the EU. Irony overload if ever I saw it. 

30 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I still don't really know why you're aggressively addressing these questions to me in particular, as I've already said multiple times I am witholding my final judgement on the vaccines until more data is made available, more studies of the efficacy and more transparency from the government on where people stand should it start to cause side-effects.

If you are able to switch out of hysterical mode and think about it rationally - every vaccine I've ever had is on my medical record. The same goes for all of us. If someone asked to see what vaccines I had, I could pull it up on my phone within 15 seconds and show them

So from the individuals point of view - having a "vaccine certificate" or not, is a moot point. That's like saying do you want a medical record or not?

The real question isn't "should individuals have vaccine certs - it's "should businesses/event be allowed to insist on seeing the individuals vaccination record before allowing them to enter?"

That's really  a question for the individual business isn't it? If they want to stay open, and they think that's the way to do it then that's their choice and who are we to tell them otherwise. There has been a lot of talk about how we need to protect the economy and how sad it is that lockdowns have forced so many small businesses into bankruptcy. So I don't think anyone should be stopping them from doing whatever they need to do to operate a functioning successful business on a long term footing

Should it be a mandatory thing forced on all businesses? Absolutely not. But then (again) I don't think anyone is saying that

I think all this hints at the world we are willingly moving into. 

As with the recent UK and more significantly the US elections the ultimate long term effects to you and me of the covid pandemic, whether through accident or design, has been the wealth transfer to the elites and increased power that corporations and media wield.

Whilst the Government might not dare impose health passports, if significant numbers of business decide to you'll be forced to get one otherwise you'll find yourself unemployable or unable to travel abroad etc - and as the Government will be a beneficiary they might not be inclined to put many obstacles in their way.

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

I'm not quite sure why you've given a laughing emoji?

I'm genuinely interested how/where your medical records are kept that you can access them on your phone? 

Cheers

2 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

I do agree with you archie that the vaccine will take a while to have a big impact on cases and transmission. I feel that the government are now stringing us along a bit now. Earlier on in the crisis, they probably didn't realise how long it would take to get under control but now I feel like the messaging and timing of restrictions are timed to string us along for a few more weeks at a time. 

When setting up the lockdown they probably knew approximately when the mhra was going to approve the vaccine.. It almost glosses over the fact that the restrictions are still very high and the timelines fit. 

Now we'll get a few days of bad news such as manufacture issues meaning we don't get the 10M doses before the end of the year,  maybe loads of job cuts, spending cuts etc and thisll then be boosted by another vaccine announcement and TV screens of old people getting vaccinated etc in a weeks time etc. 

Call my cynical but they're already working out their optics scenario for January when they're going to have to announce something to gloss over the fact that the infections still won't have fallen to low levels and that the restrictions will have to be extended by another 8 weeks under a different guise. 

Rant over. 

COVID.PNG

Moving those deep frozen ones is going to cause problems.. The chilled, no problem.

55 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Indeed. That might be because every time any political reference was made on here, the screeching became almost intolerable, so folk just avoid any such points coring, yourself excepted, of course.

That said, since you are bemoaning the lack of such commentary, I have to say that your 'surprise' is mirrored by my own.  What with all the nationalist crowing on social media, that a 'British' vaccine has been developed and approved before US and EU equivalents, few of those talking up the UK's world beating exploits seem to be aware that it has been developed by developed by American drugmaker Pfizer and Germany's BioNTech using funding from the EU. Irony overload if ever I saw it. 

And manufactured in Puurs, Belgium.

Incidentally, that's the same municipality as Moortgat brewery is located - the brewers of Duvel.

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I think you might be doing it wrong. We're not......Hate to be the one to break it to you.

Yeah you're right, I could be going to crowded shopping malls but surely that would be a non essential journey and very irresponsible with this disease being so deadly?

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Apparently the vaccines are viable for 5 days after removal from deep freeze.

Okay, not heard that. Last I heard was the doses were 500 strong and there was a challenge getting 500 together in one place to administer. Everything changes by the day.

21 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

COVID.PNG

Moving those deep frozen ones is going to cause problems.. The chilled, no problem.

Exactly... They've already basically said that care homes won't be getting it right now due to the impossible logistics, even though they're priority number 1. 

Assuming the AZ one is deemed a viable that's clearly the one they'll use. 

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

So berating the Government for not signing up to the EU procurement schemes for PPE, ventilators and vaccines was not political point scoring, but then congratulating them when it proved to be the correct decison is? Righteo dear. Have a great weekend.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So berating the Government for not signing up to the EU procurement schemes for PPE, ventilators and vaccines was not political point scoring, but then congratulating them when it proved to be the correct decison is? Righteo dear. Have a great weekend.

Not what I've said is it sweetcheeks, but have a good weekend yourself ?

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I'm not quite sure why you've given a laughing emoji?

I'm genuinely interested how/where your medical records are kept that you can access them on your phone? 

Cheers

Sorry! Because of the way the long quotes are now hidden, I didn't see you'd bolded that bit about the vaccine record and I thought you were asking how you do this bit 

"If you are able to switch out of hysterical mode and think about it rationally"

Hence that made me laugh because I thought it was a good comeback on me!

To answer your question, most NHS doctors now use SystmOnline to manage patient records, and allow you to order repeat prescriptions, view test results, book appointments etc

https://systmonline.tpp-uk.com/ 

So it firstly depends on them offering this service. If they do, you can tick a box to request that your full patient record is made visible to you (if it isn't already)

Then there is a sister app on the phone called AirMid - this is just a phone app version of the website - has the same features. Vaccination record is one of the screens

28 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Sorry! Because of the way the long quotes are now hidden, I didn't see you'd bolded that bit about the vaccine record and I thought you were asking how you do this bit 

"If you are able to switch out of hysterical mode and think about it rationally"

Hence that made me laugh because I thought it was a good comeback on me!

To answer your question, most NHS doctors now use SystmOnline to manage patient records, and allow you to order repeat prescriptions, view test results, book appointments etc

So it firstly depends on them offering this service. If they do, you can tick a box to request that your full patient record is made visible to you (if it isn't already)

Then there is a sister app on the phone called AirMid - this is just a phone app version of the website - has the same features. Vaccination record is one of the screens

No probs - Thanks for this - I'll check it out.

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

So it firstly depends on them offering this service. If they do, you can tick a box to request that your full patient record is made visible to you (if it isn't already

Cheers for that. I order my meds using the system online thingy but didn't know I could request my records as well. Ta.

7 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Shame you feel me asking is aggressive and that you think I’m in hysterical mode ?,, you’ve been a bit vague to be fair but certainly isn’t important enough for me chase an answer and risk you feeling aggressively challenged ( genuinely) , always took you as someone who argued they’re point staunchly and gave as good as you got??‍♂️

Just watched a report on London’s homeless , usual emergency shelters can’t be opened because of social distancing, really sad and yet another thing that’s begs a question , are we really so blinded that we are happy to let people face the very real risk of freezing to death rather than risk this virus ,,I do wonder after Steve’s jibe of hysteria on my part , how much real hysteria are we seeing over ruling common sense and proper balanced judgment s 

Archived