Coronavirus

1of4

7 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I love a good burn. 

FB_IMG_1606895477998.jpg

Problem is there are that many people looking for reasons not to do something they would read the opening paragraph and thats it.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Vaccine approved.  Get in line everyone..

Lets get B4 back to work and in the ground ASAP..

It is great news. I think we are some way off mass vaccination, and are probably looking for the oxford vaccine for that.

The key has to be for key workers, elderly, vulnerable to receive the jab.

Then once the high risk groups are hopefully immune we can be looking to get back to normality as those at risk then of catching the virus will likely only have a minor illness.

58 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

It is great news. I think we are some way off mass vaccination, and are probably looking for the oxford vaccine for that.

The key has to be for key workers, elderly, vulnerable to receive the jab.

Then once the high risk groups are hopefully immune we can be looking to get back to normality as those at risk then of catching the virus will likely only have a minor illness.

Maybe replace that with 'front line' key workers. There are a lot of 'key workers', such as myself, who shouldn't really be classed as key workers.

Just now, Eddie said:

I concur.

I like to extol the virtues of Belgian beer - the same can now be said for Belgian vaccines.

Hook it up to my veins.

The amount of poo I’ve put in my body, absinthe, aftershock, pump soap dispenser - I like to think I can handle this. 

43 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Vaccine announced day after the American presidential election.

Vaccine approved in UK day after the new Tier system is voted through.

Pure coincidences I am sure.

Found this BBC article on protecting the NHS quite interesting:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55151832

Don't remember hearing these mentioned by the Government 

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story, scaremongering and creating mass hysteria.

19 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Just gonna leave this here and be thankful that I'll be amongst the last to be offered the vaccine...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-vaccine-pandemic-swine-flu-covid-a9693721.html

Why?. It says that one didn't go through the normal tests & checks. The new ones have, according to what we've been told.

Of course you don't have to believe them.....

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Maybe replace that with 'front line' key workers. There are a lot of 'key workers', such as myself, who shouldn't really be classed as key workers.

Yeah thats what i meant sorry, me no coffee ?

Having seen the scenes of people queueing to get in shops this morning its made me wonder if the Government needed to let people see each other for 5 days over christmas....

Usually people get together Christmas day then they are that ducked off with each other they usually escape by going  to bloody boxing day sales.

This year on boxing day

House_Party2.jpg

Next year

9.jpg?ip=x480

29 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Just gonna leave this here and be thankful that I'll be amongst the last to be offered the vaccine...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-vaccine-pandemic-swine-flu-covid-a9693721.html

Eventually the article gets to the point - the the government need to be far more transparent on the risks and the legalities/indemnities in play for anyone agreeing to take this vaccine. Failure to do so "will fuel conspiracy theorists and ant-vaxxer myths"

Sadly, by the time they get to that conclusion, they've already written a big long article full of fuel!

Being cynical, I think the fact they plan to roll it out first to the most elderly is a fortuitous strategy which means any wider side effects that come to light will be in people who are nearly dead anyway...

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So vaccine approved for roll out next week.

EU not expected to approve until the new year.

Knew we had made a mistake not signing up to their programme...

Now all that remains is for us to show them up as proper bendy nanas by delivering the rollout flawlessly, without any cockups, corrupt dealings or any national embarassment whatsoever!

Come on Boris!

9 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Now all that remains is for us to show them up as proper bendy nanas by delivering the rollout flawlessly, without any cockups, corrupt dealings or any national embarassment whatsoever!

Come on Boris!

I wouldn't have expected any other such response...

32 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Come on Boris!

is boris administering it too? oh god.?

11 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

is boris administering it too? oh god.?

I'm going to hazard a guess at the likely outcomes:-

If anything goes wrong it will be Boris and his cronies rushing a vaccine though to make up for their abysmal handling of the pandemic

If all goes well the NHS will have done a fantastic job despite years of being underfunded by the likes of Boris and his cronies 

Archived