Coronavirus

1of4

44 minutes ago, Albert said:

Why are you talking about the vaccine 'messing with [your] DNA' exactly? That's not what vaccines are, or how they work. 

You  have no idea how vaccines work.

Go bother someone else, or no one preferably

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The arrogance from the Americans/Fauci over the role of the FDA is to be expected, they don't like being shown up. 

If the FDAs process and wisdom is unquestionable why bother with our own regulators. 

I guess these points are meant for domestic consumption rather than ours.

I'm too young to be on the vaccine list but it seems to be the only way out of this now... I hope the take up is high enough for us to get out of this hole. 

I see the virus has now learned not to attack rich businessmen and elite sports stars returning from abroad.

Its getting cleverer by the day is this virus.

And all the while we stay here locked up in our homes, banned from doing things for which there is no evidence of significantly increasing transmission rates.

We really are being played like fools here.

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I see the virus has now learned not to attack rich businessmen and elite sports stars returning from abroad.

And all the while we stay here locked up in our homes, banned from doing things for which there is no evidence of significantly increasing transmission rates.

Can only really be played for fools if we allow it , personally I will see the year out playing the game , from jan 1 no more and anybody thinks this vaccine roll out is going to return us to normal anytime soon they are living in cloud cuckoo land , from what I can gather this one does not stop you getting the virus and being contagious but rather stops you getting severely affected ? add that to the logistics meaning the word is it won’t be rolled out in care homes and to the elderly and vulnerable in the main I fail to see how that moves us much  further forward anytime soon 

12 minutes ago, Archied said:

Can only really be played for fools if we allow it , personally I will see the year out playing the game , from jan 1 no more and anybody thinks this vaccine roll out is going to return us to normal anytime soon they are living in cloud cuckoo land , from what I can gather this one does not stop you getting the virus and being contagious but rather stops you getting severely affected ? add that to the logistics meaning the word is it won’t be rolled out in care homes and to the elderly and vulnerable in the main I fail to see how that moves us much  further forward anytime soon 

I thought they had said it was too early to know yet, The Oxford one certainly seems to look like it might but one of the people involved with the Pfizer one I read suggested theirs might too, although he didnt feel it would be the 90% rate for protecting you, more like 50%.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think you might be doing it wrong. We're not......Hate to be the one to break it to you.

38 minutes ago, Archied said:

I do agree with you archie that the vaccine will take a while to have a big impact on cases and transmission. I feel that the government are now stringing us along a bit now. Earlier on in the crisis, they probably didn't realise how long it would take to get under control but now I feel like the messaging and timing of restrictions are timed to string us along for a few more weeks at a time. 

When setting up the lockdown they probably knew approximately when the mhra was going to approve the vaccine.. It almost glosses over the fact that the restrictions are still very high and the timelines fit. 

Now we'll get a few days of bad news such as manufacture issues meaning we don't get the 10M doses before the end of the year,  maybe loads of job cuts, spending cuts etc and thisll then be boosted by another vaccine announcement and TV screens of old people getting vaccinated etc in a weeks time etc. 

Call my cynical but they're already working out their optics scenario for January when they're going to have to announce something to gloss over the fact that the infections still won't have fallen to low levels and that the restrictions will have to be extended by another 8 weeks under a different guise. 

Rant over. 

8 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

I do agree with you archie that the vaccine will take a while to have a big impact on cases and transmission. I feel that the government are now stringing us along a bit now. Earlier on in the crisis, they probably didn't realise how long it would take to get under control but now I feel like the messaging and timing of restrictions are timed to string us along for a few more weeks at a time. 

When setting up the lockdown they probably knew approximately when the mhra was going to approve the vaccine.. It almost glosses over the fact that the restrictions are still very high and the timelines fit. 

Now we'll get a few days of bad news such as manufacture issues meaning we don't get the 10M doses before the end of the year,  maybe loads of job cuts, spending cuts etc and thisll then be boosted by another vaccine announcement and TV screens of old people getting vaccinated etc in a weeks time etc. 

Call my cynical but they're already working out their optics scenario for January when they're going to have to announce something to gloss over the fact that the infections still won't have fallen to low levels and that the restrictions will have to be extended by another 8 weeks under a different guise. 

Rant over. 

The constant job losses around the country whilst Politicians/Scientists sit pretty just doesn't sit well with me.

I dread what Q1 and Q2 will look like in the UK and whilst they could relax restrictions relatively quickly once vaccines are rolled out (the pressure on the NHS will surely reduce) they are coming out with rhetoric such as "Even if you've had a vaccine, you'll still need to isolate".

The Government really do need to help push forward on helping limit the impact on the economy.

44 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I thought they had said it was too early to know yet, The Oxford one certainly seems to look like it might but one of the people involved with the Pfizer one I read suggested theirs might too, although he didnt feel it would be the 90% rate for protecting you, more like 50%.

On face value the rule sucks but when you actually read the details behind it - its actually OK. 

The Government have said you can travel if its leading to negotiations to save jobs or lead to employment. I know its a ridiculous grey area but A) We actually want normality back so its a step closer to this and B) If its to try and help protect jobs then surely its a goof thing.

Plus if it helps the aviation industry a little more then again, its a good thing.

Just now, rammieib said:

On face value the rule sucks but when you actually read the details behind it - its actually OK. 

The Government have said you can travel if its leading to negotiations to save jobs or lead to employment. I know its a ridiculous grey area but A) We actually want normality back so its a step closer to this and B) If its to try and help protect jobs then surely its a goof thing.

Plus if it helps the aviation industry a little more then again, its a good thing.

Totally agree. Not sure what thats got to do with what i said though ??

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

The constant job losses around the country whilst Politicians/Scientists sit pretty just doesn't sit well with me.

I dread what Q1 and Q2 will look like in the UK and whilst they could relax restrictions relatively quickly once vaccines are rolled out (the pressure on the NHS will surely reduce) they are coming out with rhetoric such as "Even if you've had a vaccine, you'll still need to isolate".

The Government really do need to help push forward on helping limit the impact on the economy.

Don't get me wrong, I think the government have a tough job to keep people on board with the rules in order to prevent loss of life and illness, however I do resent being strung along with the constant indication of the end of the pandmemic/restrictions being just weeks away, however it clearly isn't and won't be back to any sort of normality until at least april/May. 

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

And media classes.

The lockdowns have once again exposed the class divides and as usual its the working classes that will suffer the most ?

20 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Yep ,I’m guessing the Maldives may become a hub of business meetings in the future or a good stop over enroute or many other such places , it’s guff as always ,allowing people to go to work will save jobs not some airy fairy rubbish, 

my arn t the age old divides of rich / poor ,,, north/south  really starting to shine through As you just knew they would ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yep ,I’m guessing the Maldives may become a hub of business meetings in the future or a good stop over enroute or many other such places , it’s guff as always ,allowing people to go to work will save jobs not some airy fairy rubbish, 

my arn t the age old divides of rich / poor ,,, north/south  really starting to shine through As you just knew they would ??‍♂️

Amen.

16 hours ago, Archied said:

do you agree with vaccine certs to live as normal or not

I still don't really know why you're aggressively addressing these questions to me in particular, as I've already said multiple times I am witholding my final judgement on the vaccines until more data is made available, more studies of the efficacy and more transparency from the government on where people stand should it start to cause side-effects.

But the question of "vaccine certs to live as normal" is an interesting one.

If you are able to switch out of hysterical mode and think about it rationally - every vaccine I've ever had is on my medical record. The same goes for all of us. If someone asked to see what vaccines I had, I could pull it up on my phone within 15 seconds and show them

So from the individuals point of view - having a "vaccine certificate" or not, is a moot point. That's like saying do you want a medical record or not?

The real question isn't "should individuals have vaccine certs - it's "should businesses/event be allowed to insist on seeing the individuals vaccination record before allowing them to enter?"

That's really  a question for the individual business isn't it? If they want to stay open, and they think that's the way to do it then that's their choice and who are we to tell them otherwise. There has been a lot of talk about how we need to protect the economy and how sad it is that lockdowns have forced so many small businesses into bankruptcy. So I don't think anyone should be stopping them from doing whatever they need to do to operate a functioning successful business on a long term footing

Should it be a mandatory thing forced on all businesses? Absolutely not. But then (again) I don't think anyone is saying that

Archived