Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Haha - is that aimed at me?

It's certainly one of his less controversial interviews - or at least it is for the first 5 mins when he talks about the vaccination. Doesn't really say anything I disagree with there

But then JHB starts goading him into the dafter stuff "some people are saying it should be a mandatory vaccine" - are they? Who is saying that? Beyond media outlets trying to stir up ratings?

But then finishes it off nicely with his "we're at herd immunity" statement. I think that's quite laughable

Are you an immunologist? Do you have a background in science and medicine to compare with him in order to challenge him to the point what he believes is laughable? Not saying he’s right but I’m inclined to listen to him rather than yourself,

honest answer ,do you believe vaccine should be mandatory either front door or back door method ? 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, ramit said:

The law was changed here a few days ago.  Now, the minister of health can force every Icelander to be vaccinated.  i don't trust a vaccine that has been rushed through like that, or the idea of it messing with my DNA and that of my loved ones and i definitely will resist it being forced upon us, however futile such resistance might be in the end.

The vaccine has not been "rushed through". It has been developed quicker than is usual for other medicines as a result of many of the stages of testing which are usually done one after the other being done simultaneously and being made the absolute priority for the drug approval agencies.

I don't know what you think the vaccine does, but "messing with your DNA" sounds like a misunderstanding of how it works.

It's sad that in this country some people with high priority in the queue won't have it due to similar, unfounded, fears when really everyone should be fighting to be first in line for it.

8 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

The vaccine has not been "rushed through". It has been developed quicker than is usual for other medicines as a result of many of the stages of testing which are usually done one after the other being done simultaneously and being made the absolute priority for the drug approval agencies.

I don't know what you think the vaccine does, but "messing with your DNA" sounds like a misunderstanding of how it works.

It's sad that in this country some people with high priority in the queue won't have it due to similar, unfounded, fears when really everyone should be fighting to be first in line for it.

The long term effects cannot be tested in a limited time period, no matter the application.  This will be the first time a mRNA vaccine is used on the general public.  Neither you or i know how this will work.  i read here that UK won't force people to be vaccinated, lets hope that is correct, but it is a real possibility here.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Are you an immunologist? Do you have a background in science and medicine to compare with him in order to challenge him to the point what he believes is laughable? Not saying he’s right but I’m inclined to listen to him rather than yourself,

he thinks we have reached herd immunity - that's laughable and no one needs to be an immunologist to know that

And of course I don't think vaccines should be mandatory, but then nor does anyone else. It's just a thing that the media say to start the argument

35 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Duck his qualifications! Look at the state of him. Looks like death warmed up. Ducked if I'm taking health advice from anyone who looks like Skeletor's pasty, bulimic brother ?

image.png.33734f0eb8ef5cc4b38a794ff658510d.png

But you will from this beauty? 

AFD02D00-44F8-444C-916B-5ABF79C0CBCE.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

he thinks we have reached herd immunity - that's laughable and no one needs to be an immunologist to know that

And of course I don't think vaccines should be mandatory, but then nor does anyone else. It's just a thing that the media say to start the argument

You also don’t agree with vaccine certificates to lead a normal life?

19 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

But you will from this beauty? 

AFD02D00-44F8-444C-916B-5ABF79C0CBCE.jpeg

Certainly looks like one of the fish men from stingray,, give me the heebee geebees alright, while we are on it does this van tam fella have a striking resemblance to penfold the side kick of danger mouse?

53 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

So immunology not as sacrosanct as epidemiology then ,, interesting,,,,, seems you have to be an epidemiologist to find any of they’re figures and restrictions laughable 

27 minutes ago, Archied said:

Certainly looks like one of the fish men from stingray,, give me the heebee geebees alright, while we are on it does this van tam fella have a striking resemblance to penfold the side kick of danger mouse?

Defo Danger mouse ?

34 minutes ago, Archied said:

You also don’t agree with vaccine certificates to lead a normal life?

Why do you keep telling me what i do or don't agree with? It's just weird

30 minutes ago, Archied said:

So immunology not as sacrosanct as epidemiology then ,, interesting,,,,, seems you have to be an epidemiologist to find any of they’re figures and restrictions laughable 

and with that one ridiculous sentence you show that you have no basic understanding of what immunology is, OR what epidemiology is

Why are you trying to start silly arguments with me? I'm not Albert

2 hours ago, Archied said:

I find that deeply offensive 

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Why do you keep telling me what i do or don't agree with? It's just weird

and with that one ridiculous sentence you show that you have no basic understanding of what immunology is, OR what epidemiology is

Why are you trying to start silly arguments with me? I'm not Albert

Was a question do you agree with vaccine certs to live as normal or not??‍♂️

well you say that but the point was qualifications to decide what’s laughable, 

6 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I'm still happy with my place in the covid vaccine queue ?

Yep I said the other day on here it’s time for the fun and games to begin over which vaccine, who passes what and when ,, gonna be one massive bun fight for market share

7 hours ago, Archied said:

honest answer ,do you believe vaccine should be mandatory either front door or back door method ? 

Nobody is pushing a vaccine up my arse.

7 hours ago, Archied said:

Given his concerns were regarding points like Herd immunity and claims he's made that are demonstrably false in the past, I'm not sure why you're talking about immunology. If you're going to play the 'they're an expert' card, you should at least start with an expert on the topic, an epidemiologist. The big point is, however, that all current research points to there being no evidence of there being herd immunity yet, or even being close to it. 

8 hours ago, ramit said:

The law was changed here a few days ago.  Now, the minister of health can force every Icelander to be vaccinated.  i don't trust a vaccine that has been rushed through like that, or the idea of it messing with my DNA and that of my loved ones and i definitely will resist it being forced upon us, however futile such resistance might be in the end.

Why are you talking about the vaccine 'messing with [your] DNA' exactly? That's not what vaccines are, or how they work. 

Archived