Coronavirus

1of4

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Are people called bots ? It’s something I put from my observation and to be honest you’ve just shown the bot programme line above ,

Again, if you're calling someone a bot while claiming you can't deal with any of their points, what you're really saying is that your arguments are very basic, and you can't do any better.

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

not interested in debating a brick wall only interested in showing your not the only opinion there is and happy to carry on that way as I’m sure your happy to keep posting yours 

You're only calling me a 'brick wall' because you know full well your argument has no legs. If you actually had something to add, you would. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Archied said:

Is David icke a flat earther ? Honestly hadn’t seen that and would be interested to see how he explains flat earth , can you point me to a link 

Haven't got a clue mate. The fact that you'd be 'interested to see how he explains flat earth' is a way better gag than mine though. 

*heads off to sulk ?

34 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Haven't got a clue mate. The fact that you'd be 'interested to see how he explains flat earth' is a way better gag than mine though. 

*heads off to sulk ?

So your posting that David icke is a flat earther when you haven’t got a clue whether he is or not then when I ask for link you make some kind of get out gag that it’s reflects on me ,,, I followed the link on tommy Robinson video on here coked up and giving his views on stuff which HAD a bearing on my opinions?‍♂️
hmmmmmm I think I see how this all works 

2 hours ago, Albert said:

Again, if you're calling someone a bot while claiming you can't deal with any of their points, what you're really saying is that your arguments are very basic, and you can't do any better.

You're only calling me a 'brick wall' because you know full well your argument has no legs. If you actually had something to add, you would. 

In your set in stone opinion ?????,, just because you say something enough times doesn’t make you right, 

covidiot , covbot, silly games mate

i live in this country and am out at work every day I’m able to gauge what’s going on around me and don’t particularly have time or inclination to search and post links to every single word uttered so as I say you crack on with your full time job from afar 

48 minutes ago, Archied said:

In your set in stone opinion ?????,, just because you say something enough times doesn’t make you right, 

covidiot , covbot, silly games mate

The thing is, I'm not just repeating myself. I've provided the data, and an explanation of my position, and how said data backs it. This isn't something you've been doing, so it's odd that this is the line you're taking. 

48 minutes ago, Archied said:

i live in this country and am out at work every day I’m able to gauge what’s going on around me and don’t particularly have time or inclination to search and post links to every single word uttered so as I say you crack on with your full time job from afar 

As noted a few pages back, we're in lockdown right now. My fulltime job is on hold, so I've got plenty of time to explain things in more detail if you want. 

4 minutes ago, ramit said:

I was actually a member of MENSA in the 80s after betting my mum that I had a higher IQ than her.

You take a home exam, post it in and if you are in the region of 148 you get offered the chance to take an official test under exam conditions (mine was at Nottingham University).

Anyway, I slid in by a kippers dick with 149 (my mum didn't make it).

At the first meeting I asked the guy sat next to me what his IQ was. Apparently this is tantamount in MENSA to asking people if they like pleasuring goats and his utter contempt for me was palpable.

I only went to 2 or 3 meetings because they were amongst the most boring people I have ever met in my life. Quit wit and repartee did not abound.

There is (or was then) also a club within MENSA called The Triple 9 Club which means you are in the top 0.1% percentile of people in terms of IQ. I think it was around 165, maybe a tad lower.

No idea where they met, a phonebox presumably.

Aaaaanyway, the point of this is that IQ as it's traditionally tested is utter baaaalocks and tells you very little because it's relative to our surroundings.

And, I am proof of that. I made MENSA and yet I still filled a petrol pick-up with diesel (or it may have been the other round) twice in one week.

28 minutes ago, Albert said:

The thing is, I'm not just repeating myself. I've provided the data, and an explanation of my position, and how said data backs it. This isn't something you've been doing, so it's odd that this is the line you're taking. 

As noted a few pages back, we're in lockdown right now. My fulltime job is on hold, so I've got plenty of time to explain things in more detail if you want. 

Jeez more detail ??????

thing is I’m bombarded with detail living through it every day without essays on a forum cheers

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I was actually a member of MENSA in the 80s after betting my mum that I had a higher IQ than her.

You take a home exam, post it in and if you are in the region of 148 you get offered the chance to take an official test under exam conditions (mine was at Nottingham University).

At the first meeting I asked the guy sat next to me what his IQ was. Apparently this is tantamount in MENSA to asking people if they like pleasuring goats and his utter contempt for me was palpable.

I only went to 2 or 3 meetings because they were amongst the most boring people I have ever met in my life. Quit wit and repartee did not abound.

There is (or was then) also a club within MENSA called The Triple 9 Club which means you are in the top 0.1% percentile of people in terms of IQ. I think it was around 165, maybe a tad lower.

Aaaaanyway, the point of this is that IQ as it's traditionally tested is utter baaaalocks and tells you very little because it's relative to our surroundings.

And, I am proof of that. I made MENSA and yet I still filled a petrol pick-up with diesel (or it may have been the other round) twice in one week.

You’ve presented an interesting paradox. Because you scored very high on an IQ test I would take advice from you on most things rather than from someone who scored lowly on an IQ test. But you are advising us to ignore the evidence from IQ tests because it is rubbish. I don’t know whether to accept your advice or not.

34 minutes ago, Normanton Lad said:

You’ve presented an interesting paradox. Because you scored very high on an IQ test I would take advice from you on most things rather than from someone who scored lowly on an IQ test. But you are advising us to ignore the evidence from IQ tests because it is rubbish. I don’t know whether to accept your advice or not.

err don't fill up your petrol car with diesel was the advice I think

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

i am in full agreement with you, IQ tests are inaccurate at best.  In my late teens i took every IQ test i could find, in some i came out as a blithering idiot and others i aced.  Took the MENSA test too, two variants of it and was offered to join up.  i figured the meetings would be like you so hilariously described and so i never joined.  Thrice i was half way to pumping gasoline into our diesel car, but my wife stopped me in time.  She still opens her passenger door to check if i get it right.

4 hours ago, Normanton Lad said:

I would say the best advice I can give you is never to take advice from me.

Or as Steve Martin said in The Jerk, the best advice my dad ever gave me was to never quote your parents.

7 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Bob, almost an identical scenario to me as I also scored 149 (at Manchester University).

I never made it to a meeting thankfully and pulled the plug on membership after about a year.

Archived