Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ramit said:

@Eddie brought up compliance with norms..

People have the power of consent and therefor ultimately the responsibility.

Some of the comments left on YouTube for this video seem quite disturbing.

Got to admit I switched off fairly early in the video, she lost me when declaring that this situation is not about a public health crisis.

Do you watch much of this kind of content ramit?

8 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Got to admit I switched off fairly early in the video, she lost me when declaring that this situation is not about a public health crisis.

Personally, I quite like this comment:

We are a nation governed by law NOT by science. They want you to forget that.

It's implications are truly fascinating. 

4 minutes ago, ramit said:

spacer.png

You have revealed a lot about the kind of content you watch today. 

In any case, no new cases in South Australia today. Lockdown is underway, and the contact tracing blitz is going. 

Nearly 12,000 tests yesterday too, which is 716 per 100,000 people. The next few days will be very interesting here. 

12 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Comments are comments, some more balanced than others, as it were.  Don't see what that has to do with anything, though.

And let that be a warning to anyone curious to watch the video, the narrator declared something taboo, better not watch the whole thing and ponder a different perspective.

Do you switch off much?

3 minutes ago, ramit said:

Good, you reveal your mindset quite nicely too.

I would have thought I've been very open about my 'mindset', given it's what's been discussed for weeks on here. 

5 minutes ago, ramit said:

Comments are comments, some more balanced than others, as it were.  Don't see what that has to do with anything, though.

And let that be a warning to anyone curious to watch the video, the narrator declared something taboo, better not watch the whole thing and ponder a different perspective.

Do you switch off much?

The bigger issue is that it's just usual conspiracy garbage. These same people have claimed things like mindcontrol, vaccines being used as a means to bioengineer and control people, etc. It's not always about 'a different perspective', some people are just wrong. You might as well be posting flat Earther videos at this point. 

1 minute ago, Albert said:

I would have thought I've been very open about my 'mindset', given it's what's been discussed for weeks on here. 

The bigger issue is that it's just usual conspiracy garbage. These same people have claimed things like mindcontrol, vaccines being used as a means to bioengineer and control people, etc. It's not always about 'a different perspective', some people are just wrong. You might as well be posting flat Earther videos at this point. 

Oh, i get it, you wish to control the narrative.  We don't agree and that's fine, but i don't need your approval to post things of interest to me and possibly others.  Please stop with the condescending patronizing directed at me, it's becoming akin to stalking.

15 minutes ago, ramit said:

It’s very concerning that some viewers of this content think masks cause cancer.

I’m not sure some of the other very disturbing comments are suitable for discussion on this forum. Some of those leaving comments are clearly not well.

15 minutes ago, ramit said:

Do you switch off much?

I don’t watch very much YouTube, prefer to read.

8 minutes ago, Albert said:

You might as well be posting flat Earther videos at this point. 

You see this is where you lose me buddy. Everybody knows the earth is flat man. If it was round like you appear to believe, we'd all just fall off into space, wouldn't we! If you want conclusive proof, just check the interweb or ask David Icke. Hell, flat earthers even have their own FB pages so that should tell you all you need to know. 

image.png.111dc91f3875bf250616411ed9ee216e.png

5 minutes ago, ramit said:

Oh, i get it, you wish to control the narrative.  We don't agree and that's fine, but i don't need your approval to post things of interest to me and possibly others.  Please stop with the condescending patronizing directed at me, it's becoming akin to stalking.

No, you don't need my approval to post, nor do I need yours to. This means that I am welcome to challenge the trashy conspiracy content you're posting, and you can in turn keep posting it. 

Also, this is a forum thread, it's not stalking to respond to posts on it. If you want a safespace to discuss the content, there is the youtube comments on that video you posted. 

2 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

It’s very concerning that some viewers of this content think masks cause cancer.

I’m not sure some of the other very disturbing comments are suitable for discussion on this forum. Some of those leaving comments are clearly not well.

I don’t watch very much YouTube, prefer to read.

Does the video stand or fall with it's viewer comments?  You seem more interested in the comments than the content.

i do the unthinkable, read and watch YouTube

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

No, you don't need my approval to post, nor do I need yours to. This means that I am welcome to challenge the trashy conspiracy content you're posting, and you can in turn keep posting it. 

Also, this is a forum thread, it's not stalking to respond to posts on it. If you want a safespace to discuss the content, there is the youtube comments on that video you posted. 

You've got a thing for me, haven't ya, big fella?  Trashy conspiracy content gets you going.  Pity that we are a world apart.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, ramit said:

You've got a thing for me, haven't ya, big fella?  Trashy conspiracy content gets you going.  Pity that we are a world apart.

spacer.png

It's interesting that you think because you got called out for posting conspiracy theory content on a forum that the person must like you... truly bizarre stuff. 

8 minutes ago, ramit said:

Does the video stand or fall with it's viewer comments?  You seem more interested in the comments than the content.

The content is of no interest. The comments are disturbing.

8 minutes ago, ramit said:

i do the unthinkable, read and watch YouTube

Truly unthinkable.

Good night ramit.

4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

You see this is where you lose me buddy. Everybody knows the earth is flat man. If it was round like you appear to believe, we'd all just fall off into space, wouldn't we! If you want conclusive proof, just check the interweb or ask David Icke. Hell, flat earthers even have their own FB pages so that should tell you all you need to know. 

image.png.111dc91f3875bf250616411ed9ee216e.png

Is David icke a flat earther ? Honestly hadn’t seen that and would be interested to see how he explains flat earth , can you point me to a link 

4 hours ago, Albert said:

It's interesting that you think because you got called out for posting conspiracy theory content on a forum that the person must like you... truly bizarre stuff. 

The bit I find interesting is who decides what is conspiracy theory ? Can the term be used as a cover all blanket ? 
personally whilst I don’t doubt there is a virus I also don’t doubt there are some very concerning things going on around the handling of it ,

I also find it strange that people from both points of view are willing and able to make they’re minds up on stuff without investigating / reading, watching themselves to make a proper judgement,

still same old same old covidiots v covbots 

26 minutes ago, Archied said:

The bit I find interesting is who decides what is conspiracy theory ? Can the term be used as a cover all blanket ? 
personally whilst I don’t doubt there is a virus I also don’t doubt there are some very concerning things going on around the handling of it ,

Conspiracy theories have a number of key characteristics that can be used to define them. The key part is that in general they are built on a dearth of actual evidence, and instead rely on backfill arguments to support the initial position. The conspiracy is usually justified from motives, and evidence is sought to fit through a number of ad hoc hypotheses that can be quickly dropped if challenged. 

The channel in question is a conspiracy theory channel. If you feel their arguments are valid, I'm happy to discuss them further, but it's not worth the time to go through such content point by point. 

I also find it strange that people from both points of view are willing and able to make they’re minds up on stuff without investigating / reading, watching themselves to make a proper judgement,

My mind isn't even really 'made up' per se, and I did watch most of that tripe. I actually quite enjoy looking into such content, as it's interesting to see how they go about fooling an audience to sell their brand. 

The one I'd ask is whether you even understanding the actual academic arguments, or if you've just dismissed them wholesale. 

still same old same old covidiots v covbots 

I do find it funny that the new line to deal with people who support well established research is to call them 'bots'. As I've said, if you can't effectively debate 'a bot' it says a lot more about you than the other person. 

29 minutes ago, Albert said:

Conspiracy theories have a number of key characteristics that can be used to define them. The key part is that in general they are built on a dearth of actual evidence, and instead rely on backfill arguments to support the initial position. The conspiracy is usually justified from motives, and evidence is sought to fit through a number of ad hoc hypotheses that can be quickly dropped if challenged. 

The channel in question is a conspiracy theory channel. If you feel their arguments are valid, I'm happy to discuss them further, but it's not worth the time to go through such content point by point. 

My mind isn't even really 'made up' per se, and I did watch most of that tripe. I actually quite enjoy looking into such content, as it's interesting to see how they go about fooling an audience to sell their brand. 

The one I'd ask is whether you even understanding the actual academic arguments, or if you've just dismissed them wholesale. 

I do find it funny that the new line to deal with people who support well established research is to call them 'bots'. As I've said, if you can't effectively debate 'a bot' it says a lot more about you than the other person. 

Are people called bots ? It’s something I put from my observation and to be honest you’ve just shown the bot programme line above ,

not interested in debating a brick wall only interested in showing your not the only opinion there is and happy to carry on that way as I’m sure your happy to keep posting yours 

Archived