Coronavirus

1of4

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Albert refuses to accept that there may be more than one way to get through the pandemic, no matter what opposing views are put forward.

I'm not sure how you've come to this conclusion. I've noted that there are indeed a number of different methods that can and have worked. My point is that control is possible, and can be achieved through a number of ways. The proof is in the pudding for the UK's choices though. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Albert said:

I'm not sure how you've come to this conclusion. I've noted that there are indeed a number of different methods that can and have worked. My point is that control is possible, and can be achieved through a number of ways. The proof is in the pudding for the UK's choices though. 

I guess that you have a government and a population that is somewhat more intelligent than we have.

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I guess that you have a government and a population that is somewhat more intelligent than we have.

I'd agree the government has made poor decisions but I'm not sure the Aussies are more intelligent than us ffs. More compliant possibly but depending on the context of the situation that can also be a very bad thing. 

27 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I'd agree the government has made poor decisions but I'm not sure the Aussies are more intelligent than us ffs. More compliant possibly but depending on the context of the situation that can also be a very bad thing. 

Could you list the top 10 most intelligent countries in the world please, and where you would fit into the list. Bottom ten would be good to know too.

55 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Or a population becoming less tolerant with draconian measures being forced upon them...

A population?

I bet there's less than 5,000 people there from a country that has a population of over 80 million and a city of over 3.5 million.

You could find 5,000 people in Germany who love stand up comedy but it's hardly representative. 

If that represents the German population, then Mick Coop represents Derby full backs.

13 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

You could find 5,000 people in Germany who love stand up comedy

dont be bloody ridiculous ?

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Could you list the top 10 most intelligent countries in the world please, and where you would fit into the list. Bottom ten would be good to know too.

Even if there were 10 countries that were standout stupid I wouldn't list them, how clever you are like how rich you are is equated with your worth too much. I didn't mean too much of it but if you think of clever Australia or the USA certainly doesn't come to mind put it that way. IQ is not a great concept and stupid or smart is always subjective anyway even though they are some clear idiots. 

20 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Even if there were 10 countries that were standout stupid I wouldn't list them, how clever you are like how rich you are is equated with your worth too much. I didn't mean too much of it but if you think of clever Australia or the USA certainly doesn't come to mind put it that way. IQ is not a great concept and stupid or smart is always subjective anyway even though they are some clear idiots. 

Pretty much.

'Intelligence', and 'complying with the norms we apply to our definition of intelligence', are not necessarily the same thing.

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Or a population becoming less tolerant with draconian measures being forced upon them...

2 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Not really intelligence or compliance. The point is more there is virtually no 'Covid fatigue' in the majority of the country, because we've not had to spend long in lockdown due to the fact that we listened to the advice early, and succeeded in that approach. 

The one area which has had, and finished, a major second wave was Victoria, and and they overwhelming supported the action due to what they saw elsewhere in the country. The fact it worked amplified this support. This in turn is helping motivate people here in South Australia. 

The issue in Europe is that stories of success are a World away because elimination just wasn't considered or tried. It's a fight against a titan now; I'm not surprised many aren't up for it. 

As to the 'global IQ' idea, it's a very flawed premise, but not really the topic of conversation here. 

Archived