Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Who on here can give me a guarantee that this vaccine will not have any long term effects. Does anyone have any studies that say it won’t bring on dementia in years to come?

Nobody can predict the future. But it's been tested as much as any other vaccine and trials show they are very safe. Much safer than risking it with the disease it's protecting from. Some people will be affected with the side effects but the chances of long lasting damage are small. 

Put it this way, if you went for the jab, the most dangerous part of the process is the drive to the doctors.

11 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Nobody can predict the future. But it's been tested as much as any other vaccine and trials show they are very safe. Much safer than risking it with the disease it's protecting from. Some people will be affected with the side effects but the chances of long lasting damage are small. 

Put it this way, if you went for the jab, the most dangerous part of the process is the drive to the doctors.

Can you quantify this please?

What are the chances of me getting Covid and, if I do get it, what are the chances of me falling seriously ill (I'm 41 years old, no underlying issues and generally in good health).

Also, what are the chances of me recovering from say dementia if that is one of the long term side effects of the vaccine?

I do wonder just how much research and soul searching people do when they're told that they have to have a vaccination for their fortnight in the sun?

I've had loads for various long-haul holidays in the past and not once did I ever ask about side effects or how much testing has been done and over what period of time. By that time, my main focus is looking forward to the first 10am cocktail by the pool. That yellow fever (for example) jab I had 10 years ago might come back & haunt me in later life, for all I know.

Weird.

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What are the chances of me getting Covid and, if I do get it, what are the chances of me falling seriously ill (I'm 41 years old, no underlying issues and generally in good health).

Also, what are the chances of me recovering from say dementia if that is one of the long term side effects of the vaccine?

Do you have peer reviewed research to suggest that people develop dementia as a side effect from taking a vaccine?

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Here’s the rub Eddie , I’ve read all your posts regards all those selfish people out there moaning about they’re lives being destroyed to keep you safe ,we’ve even all got to put the world on hold one day a week so you can go out , how your being made a prisoner when others aren’t , well I’ve observed all the rules supposedly in place to keep you safe but now it’s my turn and right to keep myself and own family safe by not putting something into us until I believe it does not pose a risk to mine and my families health ,

if people are ok to have this vaccine then fair play to them at this point I am not and am ok with being as selfish with my health as you ere with yours

Fair enough - let's hope you avoid any future problems.

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Your right , but icke predicted the first lock down and predicted their would be a second lock down even before the first one ,does that make him more right than you?

Yes, but the aliens operating illicit 5G mind-bending towers told him that.

I’m all for anything that lets us have normality back, anything that stops these stupid lockdowns, that eases the pressure on the economy, that saves jobs, incomes, keeps the roof over people’s heads and keeps food on the table. Anything that lets us go back to the football, the pub, gigs, festivals, seeing our mates, our family and more importantly anything that ends this thread asap.......stick that rick in me, let’s get this over and done with ?

13 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Do you have peer reviewed research to suggest that people develop dementia as a side effect from taking a vaccine?

Of course he doesn't - but that doesn't stop him saying it, and planting that seed of misinformation in the minds of the suggestible

Something like 1 in 10 people over 65 suffer dementia anyway, so good luck to anyone trying to prove it's related to a future covid vaccine.

From reading this thread I'm starting to  think that watching shitty misinformation youtube videos gives you dementia.

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Who on here can give me a guarantee that this vaccine will not have any long term effects. Does anyone have any studies that say it won’t bring on dementia in years to come?

Just out of interest what made you choose increased chance of dementia as a side effect? 

Has someone suggested this to you or have you read it somewhere? 

Do you have any studies to show long term neurological effects from any other vaccine? I'm not aware of any. 

Covid-19, on the other hand, is shown to be causing at the very least mid-term neurological damage in many patients.

So, we can weight up the risks of an unknown and completely unheard of side effect from a vaccine against known risk of brain damage from Covid-19. Tough choice. 

47 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well, vaccines can cause severe acute reactions at a rate of less than 1 in 1,000,000 usually. These reactions are, as said, acute, and not long lasting, the risk is in and around the time it is given. Reactions to vaccine tend to be acute, with the only risk of long term damage being where that acute reaction causes other damage. 

Estimates are that about 1 in 7 people in the UK have had the disease at this point, and in your age group the death rate per infection is of the order of about 1 in 1000. 

The risks associated with long term damage haven't been quantified, but some estimates go as high as 1 in 7.

Honestly, on the numbers alone that would be one dumb bet. 

Dementia isn't a known side effect of vaccines. You may as well be asking 'what are the chances of me recovering from being the candyman after the vaccine?'

There are studies ongoing that seem to show a correlation between catching Covid-19 and developing subsequent mental problems.Everything has the potential to be a risk.

14 hours ago, Albert said:

The irony of all this being that what they have achieved for society at large has emboldened many to now feel they are unnecessary. Of course, in this instance it will be necessary, hence there will be serious discussions of a mandated vaccine. 

I'm sure this kind of fallacy pops up quite a lot. Something about the remedy being so effective that the public feel the initial diagnosis was blown way out of proportion.

I seem to remember someone posting on here about people's reactions to the Millennium Bug, which was so effectively stopped by those tasked with tackling it that the public thought the whole narrative around it was exaggerated. Was it @Sith Happens?

15 hours ago, Archied said:

Imagine advocating vaccinating children for a disease that they don’t get affected by and don’t spread , or so they tell us when sending them back to school ,,, my god there’s some goalpost moving this pandemic ?,,, remember all ,shoot the ducks ,don’t feed themhttps://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/healthcare/biotech/healthcare/controversial-vaccine-studies-why-is-bill-melinda-gates-foundation-under-fire-from-critics-in-india/articleshow/41280050.cms

theres lots out there but admittedly it’s getting harder to find now the thought correcting police are cleansing all media ,, oops sorry mis information blockers ??

my it s a modern day book burning

I was talking about all vaccines as you conveniently outed yourself as an anti vaxx nut by telling people to google research done by people with no scientific accreditation or published papers. As for the rest of the rant this did nothing to elevate your credibility only diminished it.

16 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm sure this kind of fallacy pops up quite a lot. Something about the remedy being so effective that the public feel the initial diagnosis was blown way out of proportion.

I seem to remember someone posting on here about people's reactions to the Millennium Bug, which was so effectively stopped by those tasked with tackling it that the public thought the whole narrative around it was exaggerated. Was it @Sith Happens?

Y2K code conversion was my life for 2 years.

Nobody thanked me, but many thought it was 'nothing at all' because aeroplanes didn't fall out of the sky on January 1, 2000.

1 hour ago, jimmyp said:

Nope but then again I would not expect that sort of information to be available before the vaccine has been administered.

Do you have peer reviewed research to show that there are no long term side effects from the vaccine?

Archived