Coronavirus

1of4

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What supports your theory that it's only vulnerable people that sign up to that line of thinking?

Once again it's you sneering at people who have a different view to you.

G star do you trust David Icke?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Why am I sneering at them? I'm sneering at the bar stewards who exploit them, stoke their fears and take their cash

Don't project your own insecurities onto me thanks

Because you refer to them as vulnerable. 

Can you give some examples of this please?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Surely to try and understand their reasons for not wanting a vaccine?

Personally, I try and steer clear of any medication as I think it helps you fight illness a lot better.

The last time I was prescribed medication it turned out to be a drug that had been banned in America.

Didnt inspire me with confidence to say the least.

Now I don't know the ins and outs of your medical history, but just because a drug was banned in America doesn't mean it's bad. Kinder Eggs were banned in America until recently, soooo.

I was ill recently for around 2/3 weeks and had fever, swollen glands, nausea etc, doctors originally said take Ibuprofen, didn't work, went back and it was actually strep throat, they prescribed me antibiotics and it went away in a couple of days and I was fine. Most of the time, prescribed medication works. 

Most routine childhood vaccines have around 85%-95% effectiveness, 90% is good. 

For example, one dose of MMR vaccine is 93% effective against measles, 78% effective against mumps, and 97% effective against rubella. Two doses of MMR vaccine are 97% effective against measles and 88% effective against mumps.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because you refer to them as vulnerable. 

Can you give some examples of this please?

Not sure why you need me to do this, or why you feel the need to defend a bunch of grifters

But if it really bothers you then I recommend that you look at any of the Icke Twitter postings, and then scroll through the replies. They are packed with responses from clearly very mentally unwell people who are having their paranoia exploited.

It's a lucrative business for them - £400k pa

4 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

To tell you the truth. 

Well its not up to him to tell me the truth, he is in no position where I need to rely on him to tell me the truth.

Cant say I have watched too much of his material.

What I have seen, I would say he has some crackpot ideas but also he makes points which sound plausible but they are lost amongst his more outlandish theories.

4 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Not sure why you need me to do this, or why you feel the need to defend a bunch of grifters

But if it really bothers you then I recommend that you look at any of the Icke Twitter postings, and then scroll through the replies. They are packed with responses from clearly very mentally unwell people who are having their paranoia exploited.

It's a lucrative business for them - £400k pa

Wow so you can judge peoples mental state from Twitter...and to think that it was you that laughed at me when I said I could tell Eastern Europeans from their physical appearance!

David Icke has had his theories long before YouTube and Twitter were around, so think you're barking up the wrong tree thinking he does it for the money.

2 hours ago, Albert said:

??? 

Vaccines give you immunity 'the natural way', that's the whole point. I guess you mean the natural way in terms of letting dangerous pathogens wreck your body a bit first though. 

Vaccines on the whole are extremely safe, and the whole point of trials is looking into whether there are any side effects. Unlike Covid-19 though, there aren't any concerns about long term damage from the vaccine, and vaccine safety is an area that is well studied. 

As to calling herd immunity rubbish though, any other well established and studied points you wish to challenge? 

Speaking of genitalia though, one of the concerns for patients who have had Covid-19, though lesser spoken of, is long term issues with erectile dysfunction. The disease has vascular elements, and vascular health is crucial for penile health. Unlike vaccines, which to my understanding have never been linked with such issues, Covid-19 already has been. Here is an article if you wish to learn more.

Duck me , what don’t it do?

suppose you’ve got to cover all bases

9 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Now I don't know the ins and outs of your medical history, but just because a drug was banned in America doesn't mean it's bad. Kinder Eggs were banned in America until recently, soooo.

I was ill recently for around 2/3 weeks and had fever, swollen glands, nausea etc, doctors originally said take Ibuprofen, didn't work, went back and it was actually strep throat, they prescribed me antibiotics and it went away in a couple of days and I was fine. Most of the time, prescribed medication works. 

Most routine childhood vaccines have around 85%-95% effectiveness, 90% is good. 

For example, one dose of MMR vaccine is 93% effective against measles, 78% effective against mumps, and 97% effective against rubella. Two doses of MMR vaccine are 97% effective against measles and 88% effective against mumps.

You can buy a gun from the chemists in America, so if a drug is banned there it gets alarm bells ringing for me!

I dont think the effectiveness of vaccines is under question, more the potential side effects.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well its not up to him to tell me the truth, he is in no position where I need to rely on him to tell me the truth.

Cant say I have watched too much of his material.

What I have seen, I would say he has some crackpot ideas but also he makes points which sound plausible but they are lost amongst his more outlandish theories.

Why don’t you subscribe to his more outlandish theories? 

What gives you the ability that perhaps others don’t have in in order to distinguish between  his crackpot / outlandish theory and his plausible theory? 

5 hours ago, Archied said:

Let’s hope that we are not saying that about those who want to force or morally blackmail a vaccine on others

I wonder whether, when you wish to book a holiday abroad in future, dictatorial governments will insist that you have to be morally blackmailed into having a Covid-19 vaccine, like you do for yellow fever, dengue fever etc as a condition of your travel.

6 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Why don’t you subscribe to his more outlandish theories? 

What gives you the ability that perhaps others don’t have in in order to distinguish between  his crackpot / outlandish theory and his plausible theory? 

Just my personal opinion.

Nothing gives me the ability, I listen to his theories and form my own opinion.

Doesnt give me the right to say that my opinion is right and anyone that disagrees is mentally unstable.

50 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Why am I sneering at them? I'm sneering at the bar stewards who exploit them, stoke their fears and take their cash

Don't project your own insecurities onto me thanks

Erm no , what your doing is saying that anybody who agrees with you is strong and smart, if not they are dumb or vulnerable, 

suppose it’s a bit of a bus mans holiday from right wing bigot s?

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just my personal opinion.

Nothing gives me the ability, I listen to his theories and form my own opinion.

Doesnt give me the right to say that my opinion is right and anyone that disagrees is mentally unstable.

You obviously have some ability if you are capable of forming an opinion that enables you to dismiss ideas as being outlandish and crackpot.

What process do you go through when forming said opinion? 

You don’t believe your opinion is worthless do you?

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I wonder whether, when you wish to book a holiday abroad in future, dictatorial governments will insist that you have to be morally blackmailed into having a Covid-19 vaccine, like you do for yellow fever, dengue fever etc as a condition of your travel.

I’m betting that will be the scenario to do so much as earn a living in your own country 

Archived