Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Estimates are that about 1 in 7 people in the UK have had the disease at this point, and in your age group the death rate per infection is of the order of about 1 in 1000. 

The risks associated with long term damage haven't been quantified, but some estimates go as high as 1 in 7.

Honestly, on the numbers alone that would be one dumb bet. 

Dementia isn't a known side effect of vaccines. You may as well be asking 'what are the chances of me recovering from being the candyman after the vaccine?'

So estimates are that 10m in the UK have had it, against actual recorded cases of 1.2m

It's almost as if they have no actual idea how many people have had it.

1 in 7 people suffering long term effects of Covid, so using your estimates that is 1.4m people currently, youd have thought there would been more of an issue made of this if these estimates are true wouldnt you?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

Of course he doesn't - but that doesn't stop him saying it, and planting that seed of misinformation in the minds of the suggestible

Something like 1 in 10 people over 65 suffer dementia anyway, so good luck to anyone trying to prove it's related to a future covid vaccine.

From reading this thread I'm starting to  think that watching shitty misinformation youtube videos gives you dementia.

Well the number may go up which would be a good indicator...I'm sure you could have worked that out.

Moved on to YouTube users today have you? The list of people you look down upon grows by the day.

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nope but then again I would not expect that sort of information to be available before the vaccine has been administered.

Do you think it likely to happen if it has never happened before? 

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do you have peer reviewed research to show that there are no long term side effects from the vaccine?

The vaccine has not been approved for use yet.

So currently no peer reviewed data exists.

If it is approved by the independent regulators then peer review data will exist. 

Just now, jimmyp said:

Do you think it likely to happen if it has never happened before? 

The vaccine has not been approved for use yet.

So currently no peer reviewed data exists.

If it is approved by the independent regulators then peer review data will exist. 

I'm not aware that this vaccine has been used before and the long term effects analysed?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Just an example showing that some people may think the risk of Covid affecting their lives is lower than what a vaccine could do.

It was a poo example.

Why choose dementia as a side effect? 

Why then also ask about the chances of recovery from dementia?

Why not just say people think they are safer not taking the vaccine, rather than linking it to an incurable condition? 

3 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

It was a poo example.

Why choose dementia as a side effect? 

Why then also ask about the chances of recovery from dementia?

Why not just say people think they are safer not taking the vaccine, rather than linking it to an incurable condition? 

Because I've said I think people should have the own choice on whether they have the vaccine or not.

Albert then tried to convince every one that it is safer to take it than not.

So I put out an example where it may not end up being safer. 

You may think it is a poor example but that is because you clearly have no problem with taking the vaccine.

I imagine women would probably have thought the same when they were given thalidomide back in the 50s and 60s. 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because I've said I think people should have the own choice on whether they have the vaccine or not.

I don’t have a problem with this unless it prohibits the effective treatment and prevention of disease. Especially when the choice made is based on unproven  information.

Albert then tried to convince every one that it is safer to take it than not.

Yes he is likely correct.

So I put out an example where it may not end up being safer. 

Why use an example of something that has never happened before. Why not use an actual know possible side effect of a vaccine? Once again it was a poo example.

You may think it is a poor example but that is because you clearly have no problem with taking the vaccine.

I’ve already stated that I will await approval by the regulator before making my decision. 

I imagine women would probably have thought the same when they were given thalidomide back in the 50s and 60s. 

Fortunately we don’t live in the 50s and 60s and now have technology, systems and regulations in place that prevent these kinds of things from happening now.

25 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

I don’t have a problem with this unless it prohibits the effective treatment and prevention of disease. Especially when the choice made is based on unproven  information.

So you 100% guarantee that the vaccine will eradicate Covid 19 and nobody will have any side effects?

Yes he is likely correct.

'Likely' isnt good enough for some people. It's likely that some of the people that you want forced to be vaccinated will never get Covid 19

Why use an example of something that has never happened before. Why not use an actual know possible side effect of a vaccine? Once again it was a poo example.

Your opinion.

I’ve already stated that I will await approval by the regulator before making my decision. 

Well at least you accept that people should be allowed to make their own decision.

Fortunately we don’t live in the 50s and 60s and now have technology, systems and regulations in place that prevent these kinds of things from happening now.

Well if we are so advanced it makes you wonder how we have ended up in this position in the first place. There is a first time for everything.

4 hours ago, Albert said:

How is suggesting that people should get a vaccine that will end all of this 'project fear'? Is this just your go to line when people disagree with you?

You: "The sky is a nice green today". 

Person on the street: "The sky is actually blue mate".

You: "HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH PROJECT FEAR!"

*Not a real conversation.

Did it seriously take you nearly 10 minutes to post a one liner jumping on a typo? That typo was up for less than a minute. 

I mean, congrats to you I guess. I'd be a bit embarrassed with that being all from 10 minutes of work though. 

It's not 'natural' to be nervous about such though, it's just the outcome of disinformation campaigns that profit from spreading that garbage. Vaccines are ridiculously safe, but likely everything, there can be rare side effects. The diseases they stop are orders of magnitude more harmful though. 

Going down the 'let people decide' route is a massive gamble, and will prolong the deaths, the damage to the economy, all of it. Should enough antivaxers exist in the UK, it could prevent herd immunity being reached. 

Exterminate exterminate exterminate 

im going upstairs where you can’t get me

on a serious note your just here to bang bang bang the gov line

3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Nobody can predict the future. But it's been tested as much as any other vaccine and trials show they are very safe. Much safer than risking it with the disease it's protecting from. Some people will be affected with the side effects but the chances of long lasting damage are small. 

Put it this way, if you went for the jab, the most dangerous part of the process is the drive to the doctors.

You say nobody can predict the future then predict it ?????

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

why are you asking me if I could guarantee 100% eradication? I made no such suggestion.

People have side effects all the time, dementia isn’t one of them.

Yes it’s possible people may never contract covid-19. Im not sure if we would call this a likely scenario or not as we don’t have exact figures.

If they are vaccinated they will be even less likely to contract covid-19 though. 

Once again g star why did you choose dementia as the possible side effect?

Yes people should make their own decisions, they should be guided by intelligent and verifiable reasoning though. They certainly shouldn’t base their opinions on flawed logic.

Yep first time for everything. This isn’t the first pandemic we have encountered though. It also won’t be the first vaccine we have made. We have masses of data and research already on mnra vaccines. 

2 hours ago, Albert said:

Do you have any studies to show long term neurological effects from any other vaccine? I'm not aware of any. 

Covid-19, on the other hand, is shown to be causing at the very least mid-term neurological damage in many patients.

So, we can weight up the risks of an unknown and completely unheard of side effect from a vaccine against known risk of brain damage from Covid-19. Tough choice. 

Well, vaccines can cause severe acute reactions at a rate of less than 1 in 1,000,000 usually. These reactions are, as said, acute, and not long lasting, the risk is in and around the time it is given. Reactions to vaccine tend to be acute, with the only risk of long term damage being where that acute reaction causes other damage. 

Estimates are that about 1 in 7 people in the UK have had the disease at this point, and in your age group the death rate per infection is of the order of about 1 in 1000. 

The risks associated with long term damage haven't been quantified, but some estimates go as high as 1 in 7.

Honestly, on the numbers alone that would be one dumb bet. 

Dementia isn't a known side effect of vaccines. You may as well be asking 'what are the chances of me recovering from being the candyman after the vaccine?'

Your bill gates and I claim my ten pounds

2 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

I was talking about all vaccines as you conveniently outed yourself as an anti vaxx nut by telling people to google research done by people with no scientific accreditation or published papers. As for the rest of the rant this did nothing to elevate your credibility only diminished it.

Would be a worry if I cared a jot whether you or anybody else thought me credible or even gave a stuff about some clown on a forum throwing insults and labels

Never once said anybody comfortable with taking this vaccine at this stage shouldn’t, I have no problem with that , crack on

i won’t be taking it until I feel safe with it or until forced to do so by law or back door regulations as we all know WILL happen

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Would be a worry if I cared a jot whether you or anybody else thought me credible or even gave a stuff about some clown on a forum throwing insults and labels

Never once said anybody comfortable with taking this vaccine at this stage shouldn’t, I have no problem with that , crack on

i won’t be taking it until I feel safe with it or until forced to do so by law or back door regulations as we all know WILL happen

Have you ever turned down a vaccine that has been offered to you?

Archived