Coronavirus

1of4

4 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-gates-india-idUSKBN22V27F

The study was cancelled in 2010 following local media reports highlighting the death of seven girls taking part. Science Magazine reported that investigations carried out by a committee designated by the Indian Government later determined the deaths were unrelated to the vaccine demonstration

“Five were evidently unrelated to the vaccine: One girl drowned in a quarry; another died from a snake bite; two committed suicide by ingesting pesticides; and one died from complications of malaria. The causes of death for the other two girls were less certain: one possibly from pyrexia, or high fever, and a second from a suspected cerebral hemorrhage.” (  here )

Were any run over by a bus after testing positive for corona virus?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

The study was cancelled in 2010 following local media reports highlighting the death of seven girls taking part. Science Magazine reported that investigations carried out by a committee designated by the Indian Government later determined the deaths were unrelated to the vaccine demonstration

Five were evidently unrelated to the vaccine: One girl drowned in a quarry; another died from a snake bite; two committed suicide by ingesting pesticides; and one died from complications of malaria. The causes of death for the other two girls were less certain: one possibly from pyrexia, or high fever, and a second from a suspected cerebral hemorrhage.” (  here )

They would still be classed as Covid deaths over here ?

8 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

“Five were evidently unrelated to the vaccine: One girl drowned in a quarry; another died from a snake bite; two committed suicide by ingesting pesticides; and one died from complications of malaria. The causes of death for the other two girls were less certain: one possibly from pyrexia, or high fever, and a second from a suspected cerebral hemorrhage.” (  here )

I've felt like I was dying from a snake bite or two in my younger years. 

https://news.upday.com/uk/covid-19-brief-november-10-2020/?utm_source=upday&utm_medium=referral

Nearly 1 in 5 people who test positive for Covid-19 are later diagnosed with a mental illness such as anxiety, depression or insomnia, a study found. Researchers at the University of Oxford and NIHR Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre also found that people with a pre-existing mental health condition were 65% more likely to be diagnosed with the virus. 

6 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Anyway There is easily enough information around to justify people being allowed to make they’re own decision on whether to take this world beating record time vaccine or not without the moral high ground police 

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

https://news.upday.com/uk/covid-19-brief-november-10-2020/?utm_source=upday&utm_medium=referral

Nearly 1 in 5 people who test positive for Covid-19 are later diagnosed with a mental illness such as anxiety, depression or insomnia, a study found. Researchers at the University of Oxford and NIHR Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre also found that people with a pre-existing mental health condition were 65% more likely to be diagnosed with the virus. 

Yuppy flu anyone

Just now, Archied said:

Anyway There is easily enough information around to justify people being allowed to make they’re own decision on whether to take this world beating record time vaccine or not without the moral high ground police 

I would personally wait to see the clinical data and makeup of the  vaccine before I wrote it off. 

Not fussed about the so called moral high ground police.

More concerned that people are suggesting a vaccine is dangerous before they have even  seen or reviewed any data about it.

6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Nearly 4 in 5 who test positive for furlough are later diagnosed as unemployed

Just now, jimmyp said:

I would personally wait to see the clinical data and makeup of the  vaccine before I wrote it off. 

Not fussed about the so called moral high ground police.

More concerned that people are suggesting a vaccine is dangerous before they have even  seen or reviewed any data about it.

That’s fair and I will wait and see before taking it , if people want to take it crack on 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

The poor girl already had cerebral palsy, seizures are common for children with cerebral palsy. This looks like it was highly coincidental as 3 days is likely not to be enough for her to develop symptoms so quickly. 

Her mother even said in the article that as many people as possible should be vaccinated. 

Are you an anti-vaxxer?

43 minutes ago, Archied said:

Why am I not surprised that you're an antivaxer? 

Realistically, as discussed to death on here, there is a significant public interest in controlling this virus. A vaccine gives us that option, without the risks associated, and without the deaths. When the time comes, there will be a strong argument for it to be mandated. 

Years of pushing pushing antivax conspiracy theories though has led to this. I do love the irony in people saying 'do the research yourself' tend to also be the ones who can barely point to, let alone describe or explain, the evidence of the risks. As discussed, Covid has well established risks, both of deaths and later complications. Vaccines as a whole as very safe, with risk of complications being very low, particularly long term complications.

The irony of all this being that what they have achieved for society at large has emboldened many to now feel they are unnecessary. Of course, in this instance it will be necessary, hence there will be serious discussions of a mandated vaccine. 

43 minutes ago, Archied said:

Nearly 4 in 5 who test positive for furlough are later diagnosed as unemployed

Then you should be trumpeting the importance of such a vaccine, and how as many people as possible should get it as soon as possible...

You can't have it both ways. The antivaxers are the ones who are pushing back on the World getting back to normal. 

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Then you should be trumpeting the importance of such a vaccine, and how as many people as possible should get it as soon as possible...

You can't have it both ways. The antivaxers are the ones who are pushing back on the World getting back to normal. 

Are they?

Most that I have seen arent arguing against the use of a vaccine, just saying they dont wish to use it them, which of course is their right.

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

The poor girl already had cerebral palsy, seizures are common for children with cerebral palsy. This looks like it was highly coincidental as 3 days is likely not to be enough for her to develop symptoms so quickly. 

Her mother even said in the article that as many people as possible should be vaccinated. 

Are you an anti-vaxxer?

No

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Why am I not surprised that you're an antivaxer? 

Realistically, as discussed to death on here, there is a significant public interest in controlling this virus. A vaccine gives us that option, without the risks associated, and without the deaths. When the time comes, there will be a strong argument for it to be mandated. 

Years of pushing pushing antivax conspiracy theories though has led to this. I do love the irony in people saying 'do the research yourself' tend to also be the ones who can barely point to, let alone describe or explain, the evidence of the risks. As discussed, Covid has well established risks, both of deaths and later complications. Vaccines as a whole as very safe, with risk of complications being very low, particularly long term complications.

The irony of all this being that what they have achieved for society at large has emboldened many to now feel they are unnecessary. Of course, in this instance it will be necessary, hence there will be serious discussions of a mandated vaccine. 

Why am I not surprised by your response ?

1 hour ago, Albert said:

You see there’s the crux , your the kind that really believes they know what everybody else should be doing ,,, history is littered with people of that persuasion 

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Give me strength , just re run boris s mobs guff over schools for the last few months

Strength comes from within, from having the conviction that you are right. However, when proved that you are demonstrably wrong, you just end up looking silly.

I'm trying to help you to not look silly.

28 minutes ago, Archied said:

You see there’s the crux , your the kind that really believes they know what everybody else should be doing ,,, history is littered with people of that persuasion 

History is littered with folk of ALL persuasions. That tends to be how history 'works'.

Archived