Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Have you ever turned down a vaccine that has been offered to you?

I have been vaccinated yes ,, my children have been vaccinated too so this anti vaxxer rubbish being thrown out by those who stamp they’re feet when they must have they’re way is just pathetic,

here the simple thing of of it , from day one this whole thing has been a hotch potch of garbled figures , regulations that make no sense and different views from medical/ scientific  experts shut down so I’m going to avoid this vaccine for now thanks

18 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

4 of 7 year groups in my sons school now closed due to Covid cases

But there is no second wave according to some people...

But the risks from children suffering from and spreading it were minimal weren’t we led to believe?

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

But the risks from children suffering from and spreading it were minimal weren’t we led to believe?

Apparently so

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How many pupils have got Covid then?

They won't tell us who has it, or any concrete details other than "there has been a positive test for someone that has been in close contact with your child". GDPR etc

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

I have been vaccinated yes ,, my children have been vaccinated too so this anti vaxxer rubbish being thrown out by those who stamp they’re feet when they must have they’re way is just pathetic,

here the simple thing of of it , from day one this whole thing has been a hotch potch of garbled figures , regulations that make no sense and different views from medical/ scientific  experts shut down so I’m going to avoid this vaccine for now thanks

If you had a mother in her seventies would you recommend the vaccine to her? Obviously based on it being approved. 

I understand you skepticism towards the figures and regulations. 

11 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

They won't tell us who has it, or any concrete details other than "there has been a positive test for someone that has been in close contact with your child". GDPR etc

Oh, assumed it was a big number with you saying something about a second wave.

49 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

My wife's school did the same but the cases were teachers not children. It was never published but  was not down to children getting Covid.

If it affects the pod or the bubble, they close the lot.

46 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

If you had a mother in her seventies would you recommend the vaccine to her? Obviously based on it being approved. 

I understand you skepticism towards the figures and regulations. 

Strangely enough that question would be a horrible situation and I call I would hate to have to make , apart from the haste of this vaccine concerns I have personally I believe that totally contrary to all the gov guff and bluster they’re actions towards keeping the elderly safe have been extremely bad,

but hey let’s pump it into them first 

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm sure this kind of fallacy pops up quite a lot. Something about the remedy being so effective that the public feel the initial diagnosis was blown way out of proportion.

I seem to remember someone posting on here about people's reactions to the Millennium Bug, which was so effectively stopped by those tasked with tackling it that the public thought the whole narrative around it was exaggerated. Was it @Sith Happens?

Yeah there was lots of work done to prevent issues, had it not been done then there would have been lots of issues.

I spent a few months on it at my workplace...actually met resistant when upgrading systems...'if its not broken why fix it'....well it will be broken if we dont.

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

The same has happened at our daughter's nursery. She was in contact with the infected baby apparently – so no we're stuck paying 50% fees even though we're doing all the childcare. ?

47 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

My wife's school did the same but the cases were teachers not children. It was never published but  was not down to children getting Covid.

If it affects the pod or the bubble, they close the lot.

Yes - the suspicion is that it's staff not kids, but no one is saying. All this stuff about kids not getting it is all well and good until you realise that a school is staffed by adults who kind of need to stay healthy

2 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Yes - the suspicion is that it's staff not kids, but no one is saying. All this stuff about kids not getting it is all well and good until you realise that a school is staffed by adults who kind of need to stay healthy

Well not really as the kids are safe from them so surely it’s the other areas of the teachers life that’s the problem 

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Well not really as the kids are safe from them so surely it’s the other areas of the teachers life that’s the problem 

Yeah - I meant in terms of keeping the school open. If the staff levels drop to a certain point then the whole school has to close as they can't operate.

Also - is there much evidence that kids can't be carriers and pass it back into the households?

6 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Yeah - I meant in terms of keeping the school open. If the staff levels drop to a certain point then the whole school has to close as they can't operate.

Also - is there much evidence that kids can't be carriers and pass it back into the households?

Honestly would be stunned if kids were not massive carriers/ spreaders , they spread every other virus / bacteria known to man but that’s not how the gov played it when wanting schools opened ,

would have more respect and less suspicion if they just flat out said kids need to be in school as the short and long term effects to them is too much to balance

wife is a childminder and daughter a teacher and I can tell you this is having a massively detrimental effect on children 

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Honestly would be stunned if kids were not massive carriers/ spreaders , they spread every other virus / bacteria known to man but that’s not how the gov played it when wanting schools opened ,

would have more respect and less suspicion if they just flat out said kids need to be in school as the short and long term effects to them is too much to balance

wife is a childminder and daughter a teacher and I can tell you this is having a massively detrimental effect on children 

I'm fairly certain that's exactly what they said. From Gov.uk, "Returning to school is vital for children’s education and for their wellbeing."
The original line of thinking (Feb/March time?) was that children aren't spreaders as very few show symptoms. Remember the wide held belief that asymptomatic people don't spread it? Wasn't it the WHO that said this once upon a time? 
The same gov.uk page says "The risk to children themselves of becoming severely ill from coronavirus is very low". As far as I can tell, there isn't anything current which says children aren't spreaders.

595 deaths today.

Very sad news. Cases and hospital admissions look to be levelling or dropping so hopefully those figures will start to drop in a couple of weeks.

Archived