Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm fairly certain that's exactly what they said. From Gov.uk, "Returning to school is vital for children’s education and for their wellbeing."
The original line of thinking (Feb/March time?) was that children aren't spreaders as very few show symptoms. Remember the wide held belief that asymptomatic people don't spread it? Wasn't it the WHO that said this once upon a time? 
The same gov.uk page says "The risk to children themselves of becoming severely ill from coronavirus is very low". As far as I can tell, there isn't anything current which says children aren't spreaders.

Erm I’m pretty sure that’s not the timeline or the way it’s played out at all ,,, schools were closed in the original lock down (dates?) then it was very much later that the gov were championing the cause of children not at risk or spreaders to get schools opened (dates?) and I might say with very unhappy teachers and teachers unions but if that’s the way you feel it played out then up to you ??‍♂️

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Archied said:

I have been vaccinated yes ,, my children have been vaccinated too so this anti vaxxer rubbish being thrown out by those who stamp they’re feet when they must have they’re way is just pathetic,

here the simple thing of of it , from day one this whole thing has been a hotch potch of garbled figures , regulations that make no sense and different views from medical/ scientific  experts shut down so I’m going to avoid this vaccine for now thanks

Would you take it if the PM steps up to get it first?

54 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

595 deaths today.

Very sad news. Cases and hospital admissions look to be levelling or dropping so hopefully those figures will start to drop in a couple of weeks.

My sister is a nurse and says it's gone mental in the Covid ward at Derby, when she last left work there was a queue of ambulances waiting to get in. 

Here’s a question for the people who love to throw numbers and stats at us ,,, of the numbers of deaths with Covid that keep being pushed , can we have a figure of how many of those died on ventilators being treated for Covid and how many died whilst needing treatment on a ventilator for Covid with none available?

38 minutes ago, Archied said:

Erm I’m pretty sure that’s not the timeline or the way it’s played out at all ,,, schools were closed in the original lock down (dates?) then it was very much later that the gov were championing the cause of children not at risk or spreaders to get schools opened (dates?) and I might say with very unhappy teachers and teachers unions but if that’s the way you feel it played out then up to you ??‍♂️

You want the government to say "kids need to be in school as the short and long term effects to them is too much to balance". That's exactly what they are saying ?‍♂️

22 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

My sister is a nurse and says it's gone mental in the Covid ward at Derby, when she last left work there was a queue of ambulances waiting to get in. 

We have 435 case per 100,000 now , almost twice as many as Liverpool a third more than Nottingham and Sheffield. Were not part of the population test programme rolled out to 66 councils though.

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You want the government to say "kids need to be in school as the short and long term effects to them is too much to balance". That's exactly what they are saying ?‍♂️

Didn’t address the point though but that s to be expected , when exactly were the gov peddling the line regards kids not spreading it ?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Very sad.

Will be interesting to see how this matches against excess deaths.

Yep, I'm not trying to make any points or win any arguments, just felt it was worth a mention. 

41 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Not sure if I saw some gun toting nutter that fake meat products would be top of my list of concerns! ?

image.thumb.png.b6d2cdd1eec0c83262c69db4f03ef0be.png

bloody vegetarians. 

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

To be fair Eddie I’m sure lots would say the same of you, same of me too ,

still didn’t answer the question, can’t be denied he predicted it and was bang on

Well, I most definitely didn't predict the first lockdown, although I was advocating that it was absolutely necessary right from the start of March, and that we should have taken the President Madagascar "shut....down....EVERYTHING!!!" approach. I honestly thought that the government would take an "over my dead body" approach.

The second one was obviously going to happen, but again it was 2-3 weeks too late.

Icke, on the other hand, never wanted a lockdown and from some time near the beginning of April, was, just like you, actively campaigning against it. As far as the second lockdown is concerned, he predicted that it would take place over Christmas, the purpose of which, he asserted, wasn't to suppress the virus but to "...break our spirit, just like they did over Eid".

That doesn't make him smarter than me - it makes him crazy.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Well, I most definitely didn't predict the first lockdown, although I was advocating that it was absolutely necessary right from the start of March, and that we should have taken the President Madagascar "shut....down....EVERYTHING!!!" approach. I honestly thought that the government would take an "over my dead body" approach.

The second one was obviously going to happen, but again it was 2-3 weeks too late.

Icke, on the other hand, never wanted a lockdown and from some time near the beginning of April, was, just like you, actively campaigning against it. As far as the second lockdown is concerned, he predicted that it would take place over Christmas, the purpose of which, he asserted, wasn't to suppress the virus but to "...break our spirit, just like they did over Eid".

That doesn't make him smarter than me - it makes him crazy.

Never saw the Christmas period mentioned , source/link? ,, did see lockdown one and two predicted by him even before lockdown 1

Archived