Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Yep, I'm not trying to make any points or win any arguments, just felt it was worth a mention. 

Yeah people seem to have gone quiet on the numbers so always interesting to hear what is happening.

Wonder how close we would be to the 4000 deaths a day without the measures in place?

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Very sad.

Will be interesting to see how this matches against excess deaths.

Week ending 15 November 2019, a total of 1451 people died of all respiratory diseases in England and Wales. That week (week 46), the total number of deaths for all causes was 10650. This year, we've hit over 75% of that figure (respiratory illness deaths) in the first two days of week 46 from Covid-19 alone.

The average number of deaths during week 46 over the previous five years was 10226. You will have to wait about a month before we get this year's figures for total deaths for the corresponding week.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah people seem to have gone quiet on the numbers so always interesting to hear what is happening.

Wonder how close we would be to the 4000 deaths a day without the measures in place?

I think that is the big issue.  We have no access to a sliding doors moment so whatever any of us claim we can't prove it.

My mate who has broken rules throughout reckons deaths would be no higher if we had never had lockdown 1.

I don't think hes right but can't prove it.

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Week ending 15 November 2019, a total of 1451 people died of all respiratory diseases in England and Wales. That week (week 46), the total number of deaths for all causes was 10650. This year, we've hit over 75% of that figure in the first two days of week 46 from Covid-19 alone.

The average number of deaths during week 46 over the previous five years was 10226. You will have to wait about a month before we get this year's figures for total deaths for the corresponding week.

The death stats come out every Tuesday 

2 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I think that is the big issue.  We have no access to a sliding doors moment so whatever any of us claim we can't prove it.

My mate who has broken rules throughout reckons deaths would be no higher if we had never had lockdown 1.

I don't think hes right but can't prove it.

What is his logic?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

What is his logic?

I'm not really sure.

I sort of change the subject as don't agree and hes a mate and don't want to fall out.

7 hours ago, Archied said:

Exterminate exterminate exterminate 

im going upstairs where you can’t get me

on a serious note your just here to bang bang bang the gov line

...ah yes, someone here is has been hugely against the UK's abysmal response to the pandemic is just 'bang bang bang'ing the government line. 

It seems that these one liners are the only 'argument' you real have. 

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

So you 100% guarantee that the vaccine will eradicate Covid 19 and nobody will have any side effects?

I never said that vaccines can't cause adverse reactions in rare cases. It's why they get thoroughly tested before being rolled out. The rate of significant reactions is usually in the 1 in 1,000,000 range or less, however. 

As to eradicating the virus, a vaccine that is rolled out globally alongside continued restrictions for a time, should be capable of achieving this. Given there are countries that have achieved elimination, or effective elimination, with no vaccine, we can have some confidence in this. 

'Likely' isnt good enough for some people. It's likely that some of the people that you want forced to be vaccinated will never get Covid 19

The point isn't that they'll get it though. As a society, we should be doing what we can to protect everybody. Thankfully, some people aren't as selfish as the mindset you're discussing. 

Why use an example of something that has never happened before. Why not use an actual know possible side effect of a vaccine? Once again it was a poo example.

That's not his opinion... it's not something that vaccines are known to do. 

Well at least you accept that people should be allowed to make their own decision.

So the pandemic can be prolonged by selfishness? 

Well if we are so advanced it makes you wonder how we have ended up in this position in the first place. There is a first time for everything.

We ended up here due to an abysmal response by many governments who ignored expert advice repeatedly, in favour of populist nonsense. You're advocating for this to continue with the vaccine. 

6 hours ago, Archied said:

Your bill gates and I claim my ten pounds

No, Bill Gates doesn't belong to me. 

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

So estimates are that 10m in the UK have had it, against actual recorded cases of 1.2m

Yes, it is believed that the UK has missed a lot of cases, this includes symptomatic and asymptomatic cases. The concern is that a lot of these were actually in the first wave. 

It's almost as if they have no actual idea how many people have had it.

There are ways of determining strong estimates of this. 

1 in 7 people suffering long term effects of Covid, so using your estimates that is 1.4m people currently, youd have thought there would been more of an issue made of this if these estimates are true wouldnt you?

Long term effects can mean a lot of things, and the concern is we don't know how severe these could end up being. Even mild cognitive damage isn't great long term, but hard to quantify without specifically testing for it at first. One of the risks of such is, in essence, causing dementia. The irony there is that unlike vaccines, Covid could potentially actually cause such. 

17 minutes ago, Albert said:

...ah yes, someone here is has been hugely against the UK's abysmal response to the pandemic is just 'bang bang bang'ing the government line. 

It seems that these one liners are the only 'argument' you real have. 

No, Bill Gates doesn't belong to me. 

Is it just me or does ,the algorithm seem to be running a bit glitchy?

do we have one of those I am not a robot checkers for forum login?

anyway as the gov in the know would you have any numbers regards the question I asked of the itk states earlier re deaths

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Never saw the Christmas period mentioned , source/link? ,, did see lockdown one and two predicted by him even before lockdown 1

It's quite possible that it was one of his tame loonies who said it - it was several months ago. Please forgive me for not pursuing this matter any further. 

27 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It's quite possible that it was one of his tame loonies who said it - it was several months ago. Please forgive me for not pursuing this matter any further. 

So he didn’t say it ? Did say it ? Not sure what miss information is acceptable and which isn’t , if we judge others perhaps we should examine whether we actually keep the standards we diss them for ??‍♂️ not perusing things any further seems a standard response when faced with being shown to be making stuff up or being asked proper question s like the one I asked earlier but strangely non of the number crunchers itk who usually are on stuff like a rat up a drainpipe seem in any rush 

2 hours ago, Archied said:

So he didn’t say it ? Did say it ? Not sure what miss information is acceptable and which isn’t , if we judge others perhaps we should examine whether we actually keep the standards we diss them for ??‍♂️ not perusing things any further seems a standard response when faced with being shown to be making stuff up or being asked proper question s like the one I asked earlier but strangely non of the number crunchers itk who usually are on stuff like a rat up a drainpipe seem in any rush 

Did say what? That there would be a second lockdown? Or that there would be a lockdown at Christmas?

The fact that you seem to have nailed your colours quite firmly to David Icke's mast just to try to prove me wrong on something that seems particularly trivial makes me think that you wish to score a point or two. Well, you can have an entire internet if you like, but really, you are tilting at windmills when you haven't got a horse to sit on, let alone a leg to stand on.

Incidentally, what I do know that David Icke said, for certain, is the following...

• Humanity is actually under the control of dinosaur-like alien reptiles called the Babylon Brotherhood who must consume human blood to maintain their human appearance.
  • Humanity is mind-controlled and only slightly more conscious than your average zombie.
  • Liberals are the new Nazis
  • The world is going to end in 1997, Los Angeles will become an island, and both New Zealand and Kent will disappear.
  • The Queen Mother is the 'Chief Toad'

Archived