Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

If the world's most boring nation can't get a grip on things, it doesn't bode well for the rest of Europe.

Not surprised they are bored having to drink all that poo that passes as beer over there.
How are things Nottingham way? Will the restrictions impact you significantly?

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not surprised they are bored having to drink all that poo that passes as beer over there.
How are things Nottingham way? Will the restrictions impact you significantly?

This weekend Luke's godfather came round to give him his Birthday present.

We stayed in the front garden, socially distant but from Wednesday we'd have to meet in the local park!

Haven't been for a out for a drink since March, and only once into town for a meal.

Have visited my parents in Derby maybe 3 times since lockdown, twice outside when it was warmer, and the once in Autumn. 

Can't do that now, how are things your end?

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Night time curfews in several European countries, but people here get upset because they can't stay in the pub after 10...

You really think people are upset because they can’t stay in a pub after 10? Or do you think it’s because they actually see the restrictions not working and making no difference what so ever, other than more potential future hardship?

50 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

You really think people are upset because they can’t stay in a pub after 10? Or do you think it’s because they actually see the restrictions not working and making no difference what so ever, other than more potential future hardship?

How can they see new restrictions not working already? 

The UK's approach is a mess right now, but restrictions are well and truly proven to have an effect at this point. 

9 minutes ago, Albert said:

How can they see new restrictions not working already? 

The UK's approach is a mess right now, but restrictions are well and truly proven to have an effect at this point. 

We have had city’s with restrictions since the summer, the cases haven’t don’t down. I’ll leave you to work out if they are working or not. 

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

We have had city’s with restrictions since the summer, the cases haven’t don’t down. I’ll leave you to work out if they are working or not. 

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Welsh 'firebreak'.  They are already talking about having another one in early January as they know that ultimately it won't work.

11 minutes ago, maxjam said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Welsh 'firebreak'.  They are already talking about having another one in early January as they know that ultimately it won't work.

In my view it looks like they're trying to see what works and what doesn't when applying time-restricted measures. 

They will probably make a comparison between what happens in Wales and what happens in Nottingham to determine what to do in the rest of England. I'm sure Scotland will be looking at it too. 

Czech Republic looks like a cautionary tale though that you really have to eradicate the virus if you stand any chance of going back to normality. 

In July they thought they'd overcome it with few infection and an early lockdown - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53244688

Now they have the second highest growth rate in Europe after Belgium and are building their own nightingale hospitals - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-54639351

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

I'd say keeping the R number to 1.2-1.4 as it is now, compared to 3 in March is working, at least a bit.

It might even work a bit better if more people followed the rules.

1 minute ago, SchtivePesley said:

Not had a graph from you in a while - how is it looking in relation to Patrick Vallance's warning from a  month ago?

No idea, gave up as I kept getting call misguided. Still think it’s a millions miles apart, anyway I hope it is otherwise given his projection we will all be dead just after Christmas. 

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

No idea, gave up as I kept getting call misguided. Still think it’s a millions miles apart, anyway I hope it is otherwise given his projection we will all be dead just after Christmas. 

I hope so too, otherwise everything we've done has been totally pointless.

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I just had a quick look then

He predicted 50k cases and 200+deaths per day by mid October

Looks like mid-October peaked around 27k, but the trajectory is still rising.

Deaths though - he was right, mid-october deaths peaked just over 200 a day, although it's dropped now as you can see, but again look at the trajectory, it keeps rising in every greater peaks.

Beggars belief that there are still people who think we should just do nothing

image.png.b62b1d6640721ed19e09a3b66bf911d1.png

3 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I just had a quick look then

He predicted 50k cases and 200+deaths per day by mid October

Looks like mid-October peaked around 27k, but the trajectory is still rising.

Deaths though - he was right, mid-october deaths peaked just over 200 a day, although it's dropped now as you can see, but again look at the trajectory, it keeps rising in every greater peaks.

Beggars belief that there are still people who think we should just do nothing

image.png.b62b1d6640721ed19e09a3b66bf911d1.png

I don’t think anyone thinks we should do nothing. Just not what we are doing now. Still a big difference  since April/May however 

Archived