Coronavirus

1of4

Another example of restrictions not working.....

From the BBC news, new confirmed cases in the Netherlands increased by 10,203 over the latest 24-hour period. This is despite new measures - including the closure of bars and restaurants - imposed earlier this month

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

In order to achieve that, they would need IT consultants on board who actually have a clue.

Working in Development myself i wouldnt like to be the person responsible for the max row issue with .XLS files

Seen it happen though several times. Exactly the same as what happened, was fit for purpose to start with and during testing but soon outgrew itself.

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Anyone else still getting regular notifications from the Test and Trace app to say they've been exposed to someone reported having Covid?

When I try and read the notification it just disappears. 

I get dozens,no idea what I’m supposed to do with the information.

LArEvgl.jpgThanks 

30 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Part of the reason I am not down silly app of theres just a way spy what been upto.

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

No.

This for me is an example of the media being irresponsible.

Take for example this headline in the daily poo

Screenshot_20201025-184641_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0dba3628fefaa1121a7a3e3e73be7303.jpg

Click on it and its actually an article debunking it, but people read headlines sometimes and go no further. 

its almost like the media want to prevent people downloading the app in order to help the virus in its spread,  afterall bad news is much better than good news for the media. 

The Oxford Vaccine developed with AstraZeneca will be rolled out in December, with the over 80s being the first group to be vaccinated, followed by healthcare workers, teachers and then the rest of the population. Most of us will be sensible and get vaccinated, but there will be a few anti vaccine people who will start bringing up the zombie apocalypse etc.

Its a safe and effective vaccine based on the successful MERS vaccine.

Screenshot me , it’s happening, which is terrible for the media, as they thrive on bad news.

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

The Oxford Vaccine developed with AstraZeneca will be rolled out in December, with the over 80s being the first group to be vaccinated, followed by healthcare workers, teachers and then the rest of the population. Most of us will be sensible and get vaccinated, but there will be a few anti vaccine people who will start bringing up the zombie apocalypse etc.

Screenshot me , it’s happening, which is terrible for the media, as they thrive on bad news.

I don’t think I’m going to bother. I’ll let everyone else trial it first.

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I hope so. I think those who had to shield  or vulnerable will be prioritised maybe after the over 80s. 

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Part of the reason I am not down silly app of theres just a way spy what been upto.

The minute you purchased a smart phone, they know what you are doing. The issue is they don’t give a toss really. 
What are you afraid the app will tell them about you?

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

The minute you purchased a smart phone, they know what you are doing. The issue is they don’t give a toss really. 
What are you afraid the app will tell them about you?

For one I dont trust I bet none of them lot have it.

8 hours ago, Cardinal said:

Just to add a personal perspective to this. 

As previously mentioned my sister is a GP and her husband is COVID lead at his hospital. Neither said they were overwhelmed. They are based in the North East. In fact I am about to go for a week away with them in Norfolk. If they were that overwhelmed would they be allowed time off? 

Spoke to two friends in South west. One a nurse and one works in HR in the hospital. Neither of them said they were overwhelmed. 

My mums firebds daughter is a urse and was in maternity leave during the first pandemic. She asked if they would like her to go back early and cut her leave short. They said no they didn't need her. She lives in Derby. 

Let's just take a breath and not believe all the horror stories that the press focus on. After all telling us all its under control is not going to sell papers or get clicks. 

To add to this. Know that if we didn't lockdown the first time around we could have been in a situation where the NHS was overwhelmed so fully backed the idea. 

We seem to have quite similar families.

My elder bro, surgeon in London was left with very little to do as his elective ops had been cancelled, his missus critical care nurse on the other hand came home in tears most days due to how busy and traumatic it had been. Both had to take time of work due to contracting Covid however. 

Younger bro in Exeter said they were hardly effected at all, although even then they had to cancel most elective surgery. 

Today some hospitals are cancelling elective treatments / surgeries due to the scale of Covid admissions, and some hospitals are very quiet and have very little in the way of COVID admissions. 

What speciality is your brother to be covid lead out of interest? 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

This again shows how bloody confusing all these regs can be. Tesco still remain uncertain whether they can sell period products in Wales with or without strings attached, but for the next month will simply go with the flow.

Bloody hell.. 

Archived