Coronavirus

1of4

Just now, maxjam said:

Shocking... WTF are we allowing to happen - its not as though you aren't already in the damn shop ?

The politicians should not have the power to police such things... seems like the Welsh parliament is loving the power a bit too much, if I'm honest. How can it possibly make a difference on transmission of the virus? Crazy. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

And light bulbs in winter especially.

Its ok, not needed, i think Carrots are allowed as essential items

8 hours ago, maxjam said:

Shocking... WTF are we allowing to happen - its not as though you aren't already in the damn shop ?

Oh crap...Ive got visions now of a member of the welsh government being seen reading a book while wearing a new jumper...

8 hours ago, maxjam said:

And the wonder why people won’t follow the rules, ludicrous 

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

And the wonder why people won’t follow the rules, ludicrous 

Can just picture the scene....

Security Guard....What are you looking for sir?

Man....I cant work so wanted to get a book so keep me occupied and stimulate my mind, i also wanted a jumper because its cold in my house as i cant afford the heating as im not working.

Security Guard...Sorry no can do....

Man.....Oh, in that case can i just come in and buy come condoms so i can have a posh **** when i get home

Security Guard....Absolutely sir....come on in

21 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Apparently the excuse is to save independent shops which have to close.

The Welsh government have obviously not heard of Amazon.

I kind of understand that argument but the fact that these things are on the shelf anyway would kind of indicate that the shops sell this sort of thing anyway and are not just profiteering from other shops being closed.

21 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Apparently the excuse is to save independent shops which have to close.

The Welsh government have obviously not heard of Amazon.

1 hour ago, Sith Happens said:

Man.....Oh, in that case can i just come in and buy come condoms so i can have a posh **** when i get home

Security Guard....Absolutely sir....come on in

Can't have heard of Swallow either.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

For me the argument doesnt make sense.

Ok, i get the sentiment, but the shopping experience is different. Take books and clothes as an example, if you go into town to waterstones, or clothes shopping, its more of a browsing experience, part of the experience is the looking, touching and spending time before you buy, if indeed you do buy.

In somewhere like Asda, its more of a convenience, you dont go to Asda tospend a couple of hours looking round books and clothes, often you have in mind what you want, its something you drop in your trolley as you go around.

And quite why cleaning materials are not classed as essential is beyond me.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

So he has obviously put a temporary ban on Amazon delivering non essential goods in Wales?

What if they are being delivered from England?

Archived