Coronavirus

1of4

Albert says

imagine someone sitting in a holding cell declaring they'd stab the first person they saw when they got out. Could you imagine the uproar if they were let out because 'it would be silly to keep them here'.

i say 

imagine someone sitting in a holding cell who’s stabbed no one but the person doing the holding declares that if let out they will stab the first person they see ,,,,,,, hmmmmm

i think six weeks the three lads were held in Italy hmmmmm 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Albert said:

Howso? Because I advocate to save lives and economies at the same time? 

??? Thank you Saint Albert. Let's be real here, you don't give two poops about the British economy and your posts over the last month have more than shown that. You just want to be "right" about lockdowns that won't impact you.

5 hours ago, Curtains said:

Victoria Derbyshire.  

oh my goodness 

I am disappointed with her, for rowing back (but I suppose she has her salary to protect). But, if I want or need to have 6 close family members sharing Christmas with me I will have them.

18 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am disappointed with her, for rowing back (but I suppose she has her salary to protect). But, if I want or need to have 6 close family members sharing Christmas with me I will have them.

I keep praying we go into tier 2 so I cant have close family members sharing Christmas with me ?

19 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

1 minute ago, tinman said:

She’s just said what I suspect plenty of people will be doing this Christmas. Only she said it for the whole country to hear, not just family

in all seriousness we know people are going to. 

I hope there will be some sort of lifting of restrictions so people don't have to feel bad for doing it.

6 hours ago, maxjam said:

Okay then.  And to think we got upset over the fining of students here...

They were utter morons, holding a large house party in the most infected area of the most infected city in the country, then when warned by the police and eventually raided, 30 people were found hiding in bedrooms, the kitchen etc - but to be fair, there were some on here who suggested that the students were hard done by, so I suppose that's where the 'we' came from (If I'm being charitable).

One or two people on here got upset - sensible people, however, thought that justice was done, and seen to be done.

13 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

in all seriousness we know people are going to. 

I hope there will be some sort of lifting of restrictions so people don't have to feel bad for doing it.

If anything is going to change i can see it going from 6 people to two households. 

32 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Usually, we have a Christmas get-together in Sheffield with my daughter, her partner, the grandkids and my son who comes up from Brizzle. This year, we won't, because people getting together, indoors, from three separate areas of the country is utterly stupid.

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

One or two people on here got upset - sensible people, however, thought that justice was done, and seen to be done.

You've actually lost the plot if you think fining students 10k for having a party is proportionate. Not the kind of country I want to live in.

2 minutes ago, tinman said:

If anything is going to change i can see it going from 6 people to two households. 

no idea,  maybe they might set it at 6 but don't count kids.

51 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Where as I will strictly stick to the rules and hope we are in either tier 2 or 3 and no mixing houses. Thus saving me money in food and booze and I can keep the heating down too....

Bah humbug!!

35 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Usually, we have a Christmas get-together in Sheffield with my daughter, her partner, the grandkids and my son who comes up from Brizzle. This year, we won't, because people getting together, indoors, from three separate areas of the country is utterly stupid.

That’s very very sad to miss out on family Christmas, out of interest how long are you prepared to miss these important  family events , not a sarcky question just a genuine one regards whether there comes a point where you feel it’s too much life to miss

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Will you, or have you considered purchasing one of the new tests from boots before meeting up? 

My mother would like to see us at Christmas but is insisting we must be tested or have quarantined for two weeks. So it’s likely I’m going to be sticking a swab up my nose for her Christmas present this year! 

Thats if we are still tier 1 anyway, if we are tier 2 or higher she wants us to stay away. 

Archived