Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sage said:

We had over 400 people die last week and Spain had 10. We are putting travellers from Spain in quarantine but they are not quarantining us visiting them.

This kind of attitude just makes yer feel proud to be British doesn't it. 

Up Yours Delores, shove off we are keeping the pound, Brexit... I just can't imagine how much the rest of Europe must adore us loveable rogues. 

8 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes I do think it helps and with this govt we need all the help we can get

You have just contradicted yourself. If you think we should have worn masks since day one, why think differently now. 

I do think you should wear masks in pubs and restaurants until you have got to your seat then take it off. Put it back in again when leaving or going for a slash. 

I havent contradicted myself, and honestly I'm not trying to argue about it either..

I felt that we should have been wearing masks from day 1, literally anyone leaving their house should wear a mask. I do follow all guidance, I will always wear a mask in shops as advised. Mainly because I do tend to do as I am told, set a good example to my son, plus I wear it out of respect for NHS staff etc....however...

I do think the way the mask guidelines have been implemented, much like anything by this government at the minute, it's a complete sham.

You must wear them in supermarkets, where social distancing measures were pretty good anyway.

If you have a disability or any reason why you cant wear one then dont...you wont be challenged.

Staff dont have to wear them.

You don't have to wear them in pubs or restaurants.

You can still pop round to the birds house at number 42 and give her a good seeing to, without wearing a mask....

It's just bizarre.

I dont feel like I'm wearing a mask to save lives, I feel like I'm doing it to help boost the economy.  

1 hour ago, sage said:

We had over 400 people die last week and Spain had 10. We are putting travellers from Spain in quarantine but they are not quarantining us visiting them.

Classic example of someone who has been brainwashed by the MSM. You choose to use UK data which not only is under review but reports on deaths which were so far in the past it’s laughable.

Then to add fuel to the fire you use a Spanish number which quite clearly 2-3 months back changed their reporting method over night and suddenly went from 200 deaths a day down to single digits.

1 hour ago, sage said:

We didn't get back our blue passports, to be told by johnny foreigner where we can and can't go.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's funny isnt it, for a years teenagers have been victimised for wearing hoodies, if they walk in Intu wearing a hoody they were turned away at one point, now all of a sudden your are called names for not covering your face.

The very same people who get shirty about you not wearing a mask will probably no doubt still eat takeaway food or eat at restaurants where food is prepared by some random stranger...we live in a lovely world populated by a lot of idiots.

I did not get shirty. I thought you would not be allowed in the shop without a mask. Can everyone afford masks. The first masks that we ordered took eleven weeks to get here.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Classic example of someone who has been brainwashed by the MSM. You choose to use UK data which not only is under review but reports on deaths which were so far in the past it’s laughable.

Then to add fuel to the fire you use a Spanish number which quite clearly 2-3 months back changed their reporting method over night and suddenly went from 200 deaths a day down to single digits.

All is well. All is well.

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

So we either have

a) more people dying than anyone else or

b) we can't count into double figures without getting awfully confused or

c) far more died in March and April and we hid the figures for a few months to make ourselves look good.

Obviously it's d) all the other countries in the EU are fiddling their figures as currently we lose more lives each week than all the EU put together.

Johnny Foreigner again with their straight bananas.

"People have this Hollywood-esque belief in a vaccine; that scientists are just going to fix it. In a two-hour film the end comes pretty quickly, but scientists aren't Brad Pitt, injecting themselves and saying 'we're all going to be saved'." - Dr Margaret Harris, W.H.O.

I can see there being a series of vaccines increasing in performance.

If by Oct/Nov they have one that reduces deaths by even 25% with little side effects all us oldies with get the jab.

They will keep working on better ones.

14 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You can still pop round to the birds house at number 42 and give her a good seeing to, without wearing a mask....

It's just bizarre.

The bird at 42 makes me wear a mask every time we do it.  Coronavirus or no coronavirus.  I can't work out if she's kinky or I'm ugly. ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, Van Gritters said:

May be this graph tells a different story. 
In fairness no one can win.

FCEF7600-3BAC-4857-BFDC-16809E5FC3EA.png

If our infection rate has closely matched that of France, Germany and Italy? Why are so may more dying here?

2 hours ago, sage said:

If our infection rate has closely matched that of France, Germany and Italy? Why are so may more dying here?

Well ignoring the 5000 deaths which'll come of the total I'm going for the following:

1) We are fat and unhealthy.

2) Population demographics - extremely multicultural and the challenges that brings such as multi generations under on roof.

3) Population density.

4) Did I say we're fat?

Archived