Coronavirus

1of4

I know for many this virus remains an opportunity for a joke. I am not against that - humour can be light relief.  I do think however the fact that a good many elderly (and younger people) might die because of a virus that currently we have no antidote for is a much, much more serious matter than the general populace thinks.  I am very concerned for my parents, both in their 80s, who might be prone to respiratory difficulties.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My colleagues wife was travelling around London on public transport yesterday and only saw three people wearing masks.  if you ignore what you read in the media, generally life is just going on as normal.

I do think that given the modelling, we can wave goodbye to Rams v Forest though.

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I know for many this virus remains an opportunity for a joke. I am not against that - humour can be light relief.  I do think however the fact that a good many elderly (and younger people) might die because of a virus that currently we have no antidote for is a much, much more serious matter than the general populace thinks.  I am very concerned for my parents, both in their 80s, who might be prone to respiratory difficulties.

I don't know, it's hard to tell. Even those making the occasional joke are probably trying to put a brave face on and, as you say, provide a little light relief.

My dad is 90 but I'm more worried about my mum. Although "only" 87 she really needs another heart valve replacement but the doctors have said she wouldn't survive open heart surgery again. The proposed cocoon policy might be the best bet for them. 

5 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Had a travel ban imposed at work. Fortunately I can work from home so the impact should be fairly minimal in the short term but I do a lot of my business face to face, so depending on how long this carries on for it could become a huge ball ache quite quickly.

What line of work are you in?

Sith Happens
12 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

What line of work are you in?

Hes a male gigolo, hence the ball ache comment. ?

6 hours ago, admira said:

My colleagues wife was travelling around London on public transport yesterday and only saw three people wearing masks.  if you ignore what you read in the media, generally life is just going on as normal.

I do think that given the modelling, we can wave goodbye to Rams v Forest though.

I was on an all day sesh in Camden yesterday. Never saw a mask on transport at all. 

1 hour ago, Norman said:

I was on an all day sesh in Camden yesterday. Never saw a mask on transport at all. 

Was you drinking low alcohol beer all day? After an all day sesh I'm lucky if I can remember how I got home. As for seeing the faces of people and if they are or are not wearing a masks, no chance.

15 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Was you drinking low alcohol beer all day? After an all day sesh I'm lucky if I can remember how I got home. As for seeing the faces of people and if they are or are not wearing a masks, no chance.

Spoons at 9am. Camden at 12pm. Mate naked in Camden Locks at 3.30pm. Kicked out of three pubs, home at 1am. 12 hour shift in a prison......you're a lightweight, mate. 

20 minutes ago, Norman said:

Spoons at 9am. Camden at 12pm. Mate naked in Camden Locks at 3.30pm. Kicked out of three pubs, home at 1am. 12 hour shift in a prison......you're a lightweight, mate. 

Just a normal out then. Not an out out.

I got a phone call from the doctors last night at 17 30 telling me not to come for my appointment for copd as they are going to be closed for the foreseeable future because of the virus (Ivy Grove Ripley) forgot  this I asked if anyone had the virus they said to their nollage 

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

All mainland Europe to us flights suspended now. 

I suspect there will be some dramatic measures announced today. 

Trump is insane. Why not include us when we have more cases than some of the European countries banned? You really hope he's not making these decisions himself without following independent advice.

27 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Trump is insane. Why not include us when we have more cases than some of the European countries banned? You really hope he's not making these decisions himself without following independent advice.

Maybe it's partly Schengen related?

9 other European countries have more cases than the UK. 17 European countries have a higher number of cases in relation to their population - Switzerland, Denmark, Norway and Italy are all at least 10 times as many cases in relation to their population than us.

Sith Happens
34 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Tomorrow hes going to announce a wall across the atlantic ocean.

Archived