Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

If anyone who can’t get out starts to struggle getting hold of anything supply wise as this goes on,put it on here and we’ll try and organise something.

I heard there is a fat greek guy in the Nottingham area desperate to get his dirty hands on a can of petrol and a box of matches.

10 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

If anyone who can’t get out starts to struggle getting hold of anything supply wise as this goes on,put it on here and we’ll try and organise something.

Mate Lidl were out of canned Chickpeas this morning.. None

How will I survive on my new plant based diet noow? I live in Ripley if you can help

Cat Please GIF by swerk

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Currently 6.6% of total confirmed cases, but it's 44% of 'closed' cases.
France - 80% of 'closed' (2.1% total)
USA - 72% (2.8%)
UK - 31% (1.8%)
Spain - 23% (2.4%)

What's a "closed" case?

The way I see it, if you catch it, you're either getting worse; recovering; recovered or dead

So I'm guessing a closed case is either recovered or dead. The vast majority of current cases won't be classed as recovered yet, so of course the % of dead vs recovered is going to be a bigger number.

40 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Currently 6.6% of total confirmed cases, but it's 44% of 'closed' cases.
France - 80% of 'closed' (2.1% total)
USA - 72% (2.8%)
UK - 31% (1.8%)
Spain - 23% (2.4%)

It's quite easy to measure death rates, unless you're into hiding bodies, but it's very difficult to measure infection rates because many people don't know they have it and don't get tested. The true rate is probably lower, if that's any consolation

What is more dangerous, corinavirus or a superpower run by a lunatic?

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

If only we had been a bit more cautious when treating our largest trading partner as an enemy and regularly bringing up 2nd world war references to fire up the angry public.

You need your friends even more in times of crisis. I'm worried Trump is gonna end up as our only ally.

Why? Weird post.

Archived