Coronavirus

1of4

Should the NHS treat everyone the same?

I'd like a choice should the time come, intubation with no guarantee of success and a long recovery period, or a nice injection that allowed me to slip away pain free without taking up valuable resources.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jono said:

It certainly feels like it at the moment but consider 1918. I suspect the outcome will be better than50 million dead and it is as a result of a society that is kinder, better equipped and more accountable. Ramits  ideological BS is grandstanding and nothing to do with coping with the problem as a whole society. We won’t save everyone, we can’t save everyone but I reckon we aren’t doing a bad job. it will pass

It’s the hindsight / told you so merchants that make me puke. .. know nothing about supply chains, common sense, problem solving, compromise. 

Think that we are far more arrogant and complacent as a species than in 1918 but hopefully smart enough to see this as one very large wake the duck up call

1 hour ago, ramit said:

What an arrogant vulgar conceited rant you are having.  i added my views on a point made that we need to work together globally.  i don't care how sick my opinions make you, you will not shut me up and if you are going to call my views BS, then prove that claim, but no you can't, you just figure if you're obscene enough in your shouting it will make some sort of point.  It's making a point alright, about you.  Oh and If you are going to talk about me, have the decency to put a @ before my name so that i can be notified of your outrageous assertions and insults.  You just went over the line fella.  To receive respect you must show it.

Both you just stop fighting thousand people dieing or ill they dont need I dont who started I am finnishing it.

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I have said as much in my second post to @jono that fundamentally I agree with his judgement of the meaning with one subtle distinction and that is that Kipling only meant that the gulf could be traversed as individuals or before our maker, not in broader terms. I'm not sure why that warrants your pathetic little outburst, especially since you've offered the square root of duck all to contradict that view. The funniest thing is that you actually believe I care what you think in the first place. Rookie mistake right there old bean.

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Your wait is over.

You found a quote that suited your needs.

Even though you didn't understand what the author meant, you posted  it anyway.

Then when people pointed out that the author didn't mean what you thought he meant, rather than being humble and saying, 'ok fair enough, that's a good point' you doubled down.

Gutless.

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I have said as much in my second post to @jono that fundamentally I agree with his judgement of the meaning with one subtle distinction and that is that Kipling only meant that the gulf could be traversed as individuals or before our maker, not in broader terms. I'm not sure why that warrants your pathetic little outburst, especially since you've offered the square root of duck all to contradict that view. The funniest thing is that you actually believe I care what you think in the first place. Rookie mistake right there old bean.

Here you are lads, I found this for you. I've not read it 'cos I couldn't be arsed but hopefully it'll help you sort it out. Happy to help. COYR

https://www.gradesaver.com/rudyard-kipling-poems/study-guide/summary-the-ballad-of-east-and-west#navigation

1 hour ago, ramit said:

What an arrogant vulgar conceited rant you are having.  i added my views on a point made that we need to work together globally.  i don't care how sick my opinions make you, you will not shut me up and if you are going to call my views BS, then prove that claim, but no you can't, you just figure if your obscene enough in your shouting it will make some sort of point.  It's making a point alright, about you.  Oh and If you are going to talk about me, have the decency to put a @ before my name so that i can be notified of your outrageous assertions and insults.  You just went over the line fella.  To receive respect you must show it.

Likewise 

4 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

Is anyone else turning into a massive alcoholic during all this? I'm really enjoying my local corner shop's new delivery service but it's becoming so frequent that I'm alternating deliveries between my home and workshop just so the neighbours don't clock on to the sheer volume of alcohol being processed within my house. I'm ordering a loaf of bread with every box of beer so it looks like I'm doing a bit of grocery shopping too. I've got loads of bread if anyone needs a few loaves?

Yeah me and my friends are all drinking like a fish during this. 

40 minutes ago, Archied said:

Think that we are far more arrogant and complacent as a species than in 1918 but hopefully smart enough to see this as one very large wake the duck up call

Complacent .. yes .. I think because we have come to trust our medicine and technology too much. Just like cars .. anti lock breaks, airbags and technical robustness. Having an accident isn’t a big thing is it ?... until .....

I do think though that we care more when it does go wrong and more widely.

it is a huge wake up call .. and the next one will be opportunistic infections that can’t be sorted with antibiotics .. that is the one that frightens me long term

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

The jigsaw is complete.. Preseason trading is done.. Bring on the 2000 Goliath when it comes.. 

Only one small problem, I’ve been told I can’t use the lounge to make it.. l think me and the beast need to social distance more.. l will be building her a kennel in the garden tomorrow.. I’m the boss. Shhhh

I upset my 9 year old nephew on his birthday, when he told me he wanted a Derby shirt and I said I'd already bought him a ten thousand piece jigsaw of a house brick.  Not as much as when I told his 11 year old brother me and his dad were both losing our hair so he would as well mind.

4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Bit of a strange one Kipling .  His poetry was banned by the Manchester University student union common rooms as it may upset those of Indian heritage due to his support of those commiting some rather grim actions in India in putting down uprisings - in Mumbai the house he grew up in a museum to his work .  He loathed Bolsheviks - yet his books were pretty much the first Lenin translated from English to Russian, perhaps that was just to wind him up.  He was well ahead of the game calling out Mussolini and his antics - yet he was a driving force in backing aggressive Unionism in Ulster and the putting down of any effort at a United Ireland self governance motion, widely backed by Protestants in Dublin.  Orwell and others considered the bloke a Jingoistic monster- yet he was obsessed with French policy and culture.

Strange fella.

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bit of a strange one Kipling .  His poetry was banned by the Manchester University student union common rooms as it may upset those of Indian heritage due to his support of those commiting some rather grim actions in India in putting down uprisings - in Mumbai the house he grew up in a museum to his work .  He loathed Bolsheviks - yet his books were pretty much the first Lenin translated from English to Russian, perhaps that was just to wind him up.  He was well ahead of the game calling out Mussolini and his antics - yet he was a driving force in backing aggressive Unionism in Ulster and the putting down of any effort at a United Ireland self governance motion, widely backed by Protestants in Dublin.  Orwell and others considered the bloke a Jingoistic monster- yet he was obsessed with French policy and culture.

Strange fella.

Makes exceedingly good cakes though.

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Nah. We'd all have to defer to your expertise on that score. 

I’m not fooled by your grumpy Bamford persona...... it’s comedy gold. 
You carry on son? ?

Archived