Coronavirus

1of4

10 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Is anyone else turning into a massive alcoholic during all this? I'm really enjoying my local corner shop's new delivery service but it's becoming so frequent that I'm alternating deliveries between my home and workshop just so the neighbours don't clock on to the sheer volume of alcohol being processed within my house. I'm ordering a loaf of bread with every box of beer so it looks like I'm doing a bit of grocery shopping too. I've got loads of bread if anyone needs a few loaves?

I've gone 2 weeks without alcohol, probably the longest I've gone without in 25 years.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Is anyone else turning into a massive alcoholic during all this? I'm really enjoying my local corner shop's new delivery service but it's becoming so frequent that I'm alternating deliveries between my home and workshop just so the neighbours don't clock on to the sheer volume of alcohol being processed within my house. I'm ordering a loaf of bread with every box of beer so it looks like I'm doing a bit of grocery shopping too. I've got loads of bread if anyone needs a few loaves?

It's not just the beer.

I've gone back to blue top milk and proper butter too.

45 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Your wait is over.

You found a quote that suited your needs.

Even though you didn't understand what the author meant, you posted  it anyway.

Then when people pointed out that the author didn't mean what you thought he meant, rather than being humble and saying, 'ok fair enough, that's a good point' you doubled down.

Gutless.

I have said as much in my second post to @jono that fundamentally I agree with his judgement of the meaning with one subtle distinction and that is that Kipling only meant that the gulf could be traversed as individuals or before our maker, not in broader terms. I'm not sure why that warrants your pathetic little outburst, especially since you've offered the square root of duck all to contradict that view. The funniest thing is that you actually believe I care what you think in the first place. Rookie mistake right there old bean.

29 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Wait until the Derbyshire Police drone spots what’s going on.

36 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Yep, drinking like a fish. I'll be a stone heavier in no time.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Think a lot will hinge on whether once this is over there begins a witch-hunt/blame game which may put a different tag on it

Will make it easier to lay the blame on someone, the sooner everyone can be persuaded to start calling the virus the Chinese Flu.

4 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Will make it easier to lay the blame on someone, the sooner everyone can be persuaded to start calling the virus the Chinese Flu.

Look let’s be accurate...

Its the Wuhan Chinese disgusting wet market dirty b....disease. 

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Your probably right but this is beyond anything in memory that has exposed our fragility as a species, it’s the stuff of science fiction films

It certainly feels like it at the moment but consider 1918. I suspect the outcome will be better than50 million dead and it is as a result of a society that is kinder, better equipped and more accountable. Ramits  ideological BS is grandstanding and nothing to do with coping with the problem as a whole society. We won’t save everyone, we can’t save everyone but I reckon we aren’t doing a bad job. it will pass

It’s the hindsight / told you so merchants that make me puke. .. know nothing about supply chains, common sense, problem solving, compromise. 

1 hour ago, Pastinaak said:

It’s not just me then. You’ve made me feel loads better.

10 minutes ago, jono said:

It certainly feels like it at the moment but consider 1918. I suspect the outcome will be better than50 million dead and it is as a result of a society that is kinder, better equipped and more accountable. Ramits  ideological BS is grandstanding and nothing to do with coping with the problem as a whole society. We won’t save everyone, we can’t save everyone but I reckon we aren’t doing a bad job. it will pass

It’s the hindsight / told you so merchants that make me puke. .. know nothing about supply chains, common sense, problem solving, compromise. 

Bit strong really mate. Not sure how much can really be derived about folks' knowledge of supply chains etc from what they post on a footy forum, or that that even misguided opinions are necessarily 'sickening'.

Not sure @ramit is guilty of 'grandstanding' either to be fair. I enjoy his perspective even if I don't share all of it. Hearing the same old truisms trotted out as if they are irrefutable facts I've rather less time for. 

When it became obvious I’d be facing a lockdown I opted to brew some cider. I’ll have 50 pints ready to consume at the weekend. It’ll be a while before I can pick some apples and pears from my garden, so I may have to buy some apples/juice from the shop instead. 

The jigsaw is complete.. Preseason trading is done.. Bring on the 2000 Goliath when it comes.. 

Only one small problem, I’ve been told I can’t use the lounge to make it.. l think me and the beast need to social distance more.. l will be building her a kennel in the garden tomorrow.. I’m the boss. Shhhh

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

When it became obvious I’d be facing a lockdown I opted to brew some cider. I’ll have 50 pints ready to consume at the weekend. It’ll be a while before I can pick some apples and pears from my garden, so I may have to buy some apples/juice from the shop instead. 

I reckon they could use a mind like yours over at the Pandemic Response Unit.

Becoming? Just put in an order from 3 separate wesites. 30 cans/bottles, average strength 7.2% average price £5.18.

Should last me 10-14 days.

30 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Bit strong really mate. Not sure how much can really be derived about folks' knowledge of supply chains etc from what they post on a footy forum, or that that even misguided opinions are necessarily 'sickening'.

Not sure @ramit is guilty of 'grandstanding' either to be fair. I enjoy his perspective even if I don't share all of it. Hearing the same old truisms trotted out as if they are irrefutable facts I've rather less time for. 

Maybe, but turning this crisis in to a left / right revolutionary point scoring squabble is in a word pathetic ... oh and small minded as well... I shouldn’t  get involved in politics on here as there is a pretty strong left wing lean amongst the better posters. .. that’s fine, but I’m left in a quandary ... let it pass, everyone has a voice...  but although I like peace and goodwill, if I disagree vehemently with something then I’ll say so. .. ramits “elite” CRAP.. is just Marxist poo. .. well I think it is and my view has as much validity as his supposed elite that are pulling the strings of the world we live in. .... the truth is that there ARE some grotty elitists .. they need shafting .. but this whole them and us stuff makes me sick. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Maybe, but turning this crisis in to a left / right revolutionary point scoring squabble is in a word pathetic ... oh and small minded as well... I shouldn’t  get involved in politics on here as there is a pretty strong left wing lean amongst the better posters. .. that’s fine, but I’m left in a quandary ... let it pass, everyone has a voice...  but although I like peace and goodwill, if I disagree vehemently with something then I’ll say so. .. ramits “elite” CRAP.. is just Marxist poo. .. well I think it is and my view has as much validity as his supposed elite that are pulling the strings of the world we live in. .... the truth is that there ARE some grotty elitists .. they need shafting .. but this whole them and us stuff makes me sick. 

Fair enough buddy. Just thought your post was out of character for you is all. It's funny how perceptions differ though. I've always felt the bias was more to the right, significantly so if I'm honest. Interesting to see you say the opposite. Not something I'd considered in all honesty. 

41 minutes ago, jono said:

What an arrogant vulgar conceited rant you are having.  i added my views on a point made that we need to work together globally.  i don't care how sick my opinions make you, you will not shut me up and if you are going to call my views BS, then prove that claim, but no you can't, you just figure if you're obscene enough in your shouting it will make some sort of point.  It's making a point alright, about you.  Oh and If you are going to talk about me, have the decency to put a @ before my name so that i can be notified of your outrageous assertions and insults.  You just went over the line fella.  To receive respect you must show it.

Archived