Coronavirus

1of4

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

If there is a single lesson to take from this moving forward it’s the fact that we are a global race/ species and the real things that threaten our survival threaten us all no matter what ethnicity we are , there has to be a move towards global cooperation in making a safer fairer society for ALL 

It's a lovely notion Archie, but hard to see in truth. Kipling famously opined, 'East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet' and it rather appears he was right ?

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I genuinely don’t think I’ve heard it referred to as ‘Chinese flu’ outside of the Donald Trump fallout. I’m 99% sure it will be remembered as ‘coronavirus’ or ‘covid-19’ as that’s how it’s being referred to by 99% of the sane population.

Yeah, I'm sure kids born in 2040 will call it Covid-19..... 

Lol. 

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

Yeah, I'm sure kids born in 2040 will call it Covid-19..... 

Lol. 

I imagine it will be pretty much be universally remembered as ‘coronavirus’. The formal history books and such like may well refer to it as ‘Covid-19’, as that’s what the formal news reporters are calling it today.

Nobody will call it the Chinese flu because very few people are using that term today. 

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I'd not heard anyone calling it Chinese flu until I saw it mentioned on here - kind of catchy (in more ways than one).....

This shouldn’t even be an issue between left and right, or of race. It’s a matter of fact. How many normal people are calling it the Chinese flu? Very ducking few.

32 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

It's a lovely notion Archie, but hard to see in truth. Kipling famously opined, 'East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet' and it rather appears he was right ?

Ahhh but that isn’t quite true of the verse or it’s intention. ... because the poem finishes ...” till earth and sky stand presently under gods great judgment seat. Then there is neither east nor west, border nor breed, just two strong men standing face to face though they come from the ends of the earth “  

please can I have my smart arse medal now ?

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This shouldn’t even be an issue between left and right, or of race. It’s a matter of fact. How many normal people are calling it the Chinese flu? Very ducking few.

It's not about race. You can apologise in 20 years when nobody can remember the strain or the viruses name. Only us codgers. 

Sith Happens

I have considered everyones informed, or not so informed comments on what we should call covid 19 in future and after much deliberation I think we should call it 'Kevin'

21 minutes ago, jono said:

Ahhh but that isn’t quite true of the verse or it’s intention. ... because the poem finishes ...” till earth and sky stand presently under gods great judgment seat. Then there is neither east nor west, border nor breed, just two strong men standing face to face though they come from the ends of the earth “  

please can I have my smart arse medal now ?

Damn you sir!

I read @86 Schmokes & a Pancake post lying in bed and thought, "Oops, rookie mistake, totally missed the meaning, I shall respond to that when I get into my office"

1 hour ago, Archied said:

If there is a single lesson to take from this moving forward it’s the fact that we are a global race/ species and the real things that threaten our survival threaten us all no matter what ethnicity we are , there has to be a move towards global cooperation in making a safer fairer society for ALL 

Can’t disagree but, I would imagine, give it a year or two, and not much will have changed. It’s not the first there has been a global crisis and it won’t be the last. Sad but I suspect true.

28 minutes ago, Norman said:

It's not about race. You can apologise in 20 years when nobody can remember the strain or the viruses name. Only us codgers. 

What are you on about? The vast, vast majority of the population is calling it ‘coronavirus’. Why the duck would it be remembered as ‘the Chinese flu’, when very few people are calling it that?

Are you trolling? I honestly can’t think of any other reason as to why you’re so determined to assert that everyone will be calling it the Chinese flu in 20 years’ time. Your posts on this topic are utterly bizarre.

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

What are you on about? The vast, vast majority of the population is calling it ‘coronavirus’. Why the duck would it be remembered as ‘the Chinese flu’, when very few people are calling it that?

Are you trolling? I honestly can’t think of any other reason as to why you’re so determined to assert that everyone will be calling it the Chinese flu in 20 years’ time. Your posts on this topic are utterly bizarre.

You really seem quite exercised by this. Has someone in the past suggested you look a bit Chinese?  Strange because I always imagined you having eyes that were more Japanese in shape and appearance.

48 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I imagine it will be pretty much be universally remembered as ‘coronavirus’. The formal history books and such like may well refer to it as ‘Covid-19’, as that’s what the formal news reporters are calling it today.

Nobody will call it the Chinese flu because very few people are using that term today. 

China is taking zero responsibility for this and states impacted will engage in referring to it as China Flu as a means to win the narrative against a  communist regime. The people of China will begin using such a term as a means to weaken the CCP. This is their Chernobyl. Sanctions are coming. 

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m making absolutely zero comment on China’s policy.

All I’m saying is it’s weird to insist that it will be remembered as ‘the Chinese flu’ when 99% of the population are referring to it as ‘coronavirus’ or ‘covid-19’.  

Because that is what the media has been using, which will soon change as states assert their influence due to the antics of the CCP. 

Archived