v QPR (a) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, poor mistakes cost us. Not good enough from Clarke for the first, then Rooney's poor crossfield ball and poor goal keeping from Hamer for the second. 

Waghorn got one good goal, but should have had a hattrick. We need to buy a striker who can finish in the summer, we're far too wasteful in front of net.

Max Bird is our most consistently excellent player. Don't think his performance has dropped below a 7/10 since he properly broke through to the team, was a 9/10 tonight. His positioning is brilliant, he got an assist for the goal, he drags us forwards at time. Build the team around this guy. He's our future. 

I thought Whittaker made a difference when he came on, but Martin didn't. 

Our midfield play is pretty decent, we play the ball around nicely enough, but we're let down by poor finishing and too many errors leading to goals. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

FT 2-1.

Didn't deserve to win that; but if Waghorn had his shooting boots on we would have done 3-2. Some shocking finishing from the no.9  excluding the header of course.

Not many notably good performances if any, but I'd say Bird and Lowe deserve to be in that discussion. Thought Whittaker contributed when he came on for the first time in a league appearance for him, good progress. 

I was only half watching but felt Lowe still let too many crosses past him. 

So much for the optimism for next year.

There's something fundamentally wrong with this team away from home.

Are we actually seeing any improvement game on game. I'm not.

Woeful again tonight.

Hopeless at playing out from the back, no options in midfield, and wasteful strikers.

On that performance, we're miles off challenging for the top six.

God knows what the answer is, but if we don't find it soon, then we can write off next season as well.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Would it be fair to say that we need a new keeper in the summer. Which has been the refrain on this forum for a number of months now.

Why oh why do we keep playing a keeper on loan from Huddersfield FFS . We won't sign him so why not just let Roos finish the season? Plus he is better than ? Hamer ! ???

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Again what have we learned.....

That we need a new keeper

That Waghorn needs about ten clear cut chances to score one goal

That Davies cannot play it out of the back for toffee

That we are extremely susceptible to crosses 

Different game, same learnings, same outcome 

We don't exactly have alternatives. Our biggest problem for away games is the shocking lack of pace in the team. 

3 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

I was only half watching but felt Lowe still let too many crosses past him. 

Not sure I agree. I remember a cross coming in from our left in the second half when he was doubled and no-one helped. I remember a cross, maybe two, coming in from that side in the first half.

To my recollection every other cross came from our right.

Archived