v QPR (a) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

22 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

If we stick to the facts then yes we have the second worst away record in the league

Does the manager of the club take accountability for this - absolutely

Has the manager in this instance had total control of all factors leading to this abysmal string of away results - not so sure 

Totally he’s been dealt a rediculously rough hand, no denying that

my original statement was that was mocked by @Archied without giving any actual footballing reasoning to was that cocu still has a lot to learn about the championship... I stand by that.

If he doesn’t learn what it takes to get results on the road in the championship we’re in for another long season next year too.

pains me to say it, but look at Forest they’re showing a horrible Burnley esq knack of how to do the ugly things on the road that are required to get results in this division 

have we actually won a game ugly yet??

We’ve certainly been ugly as hell enough times this year 

possibly the 1-0 at home when Clarke scores from the corner ... that was a pretty pig ugly affair 

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Totally he’s been dealt a rediculously rough hand, no denying that

my original statement was that was mocked by @Archied without giving any actual footballing reasoning too was that cocu still has a lot to learn about the championship... I stand by that.

If he doesn’t learn what it takes to get results on the road in the championship we’re in for another long season next year too.

pains me to say it, but look at Forest they’re showing a horrible Burnley esq knack of how to do the ugly things on the road that are required to get results in this division 

have we actually won a game ugly yet??

We’ve certainly been ugly as hell enough times this year 

possibly the 1-0 at home when Clarke scores from the corner ... that was a pretty pig ugly affair 

We don't keep enough clean sheets away from home for us to stand any chance of scabbing a 1-0 result.

Whether that has anything to do with how Cocu sets the team up away from home, the mental fragility of our players or the inability of them to concentrate for 90 minutes and do the basics right is open for debate as to whether they all land at Cocus doorstep 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We don't keep enough clean sheets away from home for us to stand any chance of scabbing a 1-0 result.

Whether that has anything to do with how Cocu sets the team up away from home, the mental fragility of our players or the inability of them to concentrate for 90 minutes and do the basics right is open for debate as to whether they all land at Cocus doorstep 

I’m not saying all, the players have to stand up to be counted in every way. 

but When our away form is in such contrast to our home form u ha be to ask questions about the tactics and preparationbeing executed as it’s the same players that are able to do it at home and yet fail so abjectly on the road 

i won’t lie it’s a conundrum but I stick by my statement ... one way or another PC has a lot to learn still about this league 

15 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Oh u make me laugh 

so we’ve got the 2nd worst away record in the entire division and ur saying it’s not the managers fault ??? Lmao 

u even summed it up so eloquently... we didn’t take our chances and we can’t defend 

Sorry is it Phillip cocu or Ronald McDonald that’s selecting The  players week in week out on the road and deciding who plays where??

one off defeats happen, bad runs happen? It’s the championship, no matter how far off the planet u seem to think I am I know that happens it’s football, we’ve no divine right 

but when a team has the second worst away record in the league after 3/4s of the season the buck stops with one guy ??

what don’t u get about that 

it’s all very well us passing it and having lovely high Possession stats but it’s what teams do in the boxes that counts 

and as u say on the road we can’t defend and we can’t finish what chances we do fashion 

yes we created a few against qpr and Luton but if they’re the “highlights” your clinging too then god help us, maybe we just sweep under the rug, Brentford, charlton, fulham, Hull ..... i can keep going u know ....... sadly 

as I originally said cocu has a lot to learn still about this division pure and simple... what isn’t clear about that ???

I’m sure he’d happily admit the champsionship has taken him by surprise.

Yea and we’ve been so good away for such a long time before cocu?, seems a while since I thought we were totaly dire in any match away but you keep laughing and not looking,, as I’m on a beach in Thailand I won’t worry too much

23 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yea and we’ve been so good away for such a long time before cocu?, seems a while since I thought we were totaly dire in any match away but you keep laughing and not looking,, as I’m on a beach in Thailand I won’t worry too much

Your right we haven’t, we made the playoffs last year based solely on good home form ?????lol 

nine times out of 10 in a season home form is always stronger than away form, everyone knows that, but tell me a time since we came back down our away form has been this inept ?? 
Jewell? Clough early days ?

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Your right we haven’t, we made the playoffs last year based solely on good home form ?????lol 

nine times out of 10 in a season home form is always stronger than away form, everyone knows that, but tell me a time since we came back down our away form has been this inept ?? 
Jewell? Clough early days ?

Your right , sack him?

On 26/02/2020 at 14:35, Jourdan said:

In fairness though, I don’t usually ignore people’s comments. But on some threads, if you have a certain view, you can be quoted by 5-6 people or more at one time and it can be very time consuming to explain yourself to so many people.

I think you‘re right in saying that my comments on Cocu are no different to any other’s.

I actually think Cocu is a good manager and was surprised he came here. I also think he’d be more suited to managing in La Liga or Ligue 1. He seems to be a good guy too. 

The thing is I like him. I’d like him even more if he got results. Isn’t that true of all managers?

And well no I am not whiter than white. But again I am giving my opinion like hundreds of others and trying to see the good but why should I ignore the bad? When you win just 2 from 17 away from home, you are there to be shot at.

Personally for me, moving away from Wisdom and Clarke at centre back, putting Shinnie in midfield rather than Knight or Sibley, dropping Bogle and Martin was a clear move to try to be more solid when probably for us, attack is the best form of defence.

It just seemed like you jumped straight in after the last game to say  that Cocu has been negative in the last 4 games and I don't think he has....like against Fulham when some said we were negative after scoring when I saw it that Fulham pushed on and played well ...I really don't think Cocu actually said lets go defensive as soon as we scored but Fulham had a good spell and pinned us in for a bit rather than Cocu instructing us to be defensive.

I really don't mean to come across as offensive to your opinion Jourdan and I apologise if thats how its come across

On 26/02/2020 at 13:55, goldstar said:

No what i mean is, people like you are the typical "i say it how it is". No, you're rude and confrontational when at the end of the day, it is a game of football. Just because you a few love heart emojis doesn't mean you are any better than anyone else, or have any more credibility.

You don't agree with what Jordan is putting, fair enough, youre not going to change his mind and repeatedly calling him out is going to achieve what exactly? You said it, it's a forum, and opinions differ. I get that yours is different to mine, i just don't like the way you've gone about it, difference is i didn't call you out by name and start picking you individually apart. 

I really don't give a **** if you don't like the way I've gone about it....

Archived