v QPR (a) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

Get a couple of dominant, decent centre halves. Naby Sarr/ Rob Dickie/ Keep Andre there. Solid GK (Dan Bentley) and a intelligent CF that makes the runs for Wazza (Lyle Taylor/ Nakhi Wells) and get rid of some dead wood (Big Curt/ Shinza/Fozzy) and we’ll be fine. Bird is going to be great ! 

Bristol bought Bentley in the summer. There no way they’ll sell him unless an exceptional offer comes in. He now out of our price range

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Lose a game - after not playing particularly badly but Waggy missing some golden chances and a poor Rooney pass - and the "Cocu out" brigade immediately jump at the chance to creep out from under the woodwork.

M e l t d o w n....

The thing is Cocu has moved away from what was serving the team well.

Having a go at teams and being positive.

Obviously Holmes is a big miss. But clearly in the past four games, Cocu has let his negative approach creep back out.

Personally I’d rather win 4-3 than draw 1-1.

That could just as easily have been 2-1 to Derby. Away from home especially seem to be being punished for every mistake we make at the moment. Who can legislate for Rooney playing a pass like that. We weren’t negative we’re creating chances, keep playing like that we’ll get some results.

We’re short. Not tactics, not changing the team (2 changes is not detrimental) he doesn’t have the personnel available for this team to be challenging top 6. Waghorn is our best striker and was our best striker tonight - that is the problem. He should’ve had at least a hat trick. Curtis at centre half as well is struggling at the moment.

Youngsters were positives tonight, bird, Lowe both played well, Whittaker was by far the pick of the subs. His best performance yet for me. 

It is about next season now once we get 2-3 wins we need to make sure of staying up.

I'll stick up for Waggy a bit...

Thought his general play was pretty good after the first half hour and was somehow getting into better positions to score than others despite being on the left wing. In fact I think I preferred him out wide than up top. No question he needs to be putting them away more often but he's an average Championship striker in a poor Championship team who has double figures for the season. He's on par for a decent season goal tally wise despite the chopping and changing. The fact we paid a shitload for him after he had one superb season hasn't helped the expectation. 

Could well end up with his best every tally in English football this year. 

1 minute ago, goldstar said:

Noooo i never realised. 

Exactly! He didnt get one! He was in brilliant positions and we failed to get the ball to him. While of course he isnt flawless, its not just on him to get the chances, its the service. 

You know what I never realised? That professional footballers seem to discriminate against Jack Marriott but not Waghorn, who had a plethora of chances

Why do you think Waghorn had so many attempts at goal and Marriott didn't just out of interest?

Can't make excuses for Golden Boy forever. At some point the blame lies with him

13 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Not at all. Baalocks in fact. He rarely gets those clear cut chances that Waghorn does as our ball play is shocking and he barely gets any game time. Then when Waghorn scores his sixth attempt hes better than Marriott?

Marriott slotted the ball in and set him up earlier and Waghorn allows the QPR player to waltz in and take it. Several sitters missed. 

Deluded 

1 minute ago, Justa said:

Not read all the posts but where has anyone said Cocu out ?

Are you not allowed to even criticise or question decisions ?

I think you are. I think though there is often a lack of balance when people who like to criticise are often absent when we perform well. 

So yes it's ok for people to criticise when we do poorly but it's ok for people to question their absence when we do well.

Just now, Tombo said:

Can't make excuses for Golden Boy forever. At some point the blame lies with him

Chill out mate!

It's a game of football and opinions differ, no need to get antagonistic

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I think you are. I think though there is often a lack of balance when people who like to criticise are often absent when we perform well. 

So yes it's ok for people to criticise when we do poorly but it's ok for people to question their absence when we do well.

I have the solution...Cocu just needs to win every football match in the season. Simples.

On balance I thought that was one of our better away performances. If Waggy had taken that final chance we would have been commending a solid away point. Cocu addressed the weaknesses (Davies and Marriott) albeit later than I would have done. We did not deserve to lose that game - obviously we did but the performance was not awful.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I have the solution...Cocu just needs to win every football match in the season. Simples.

Aye..

But by how many goals?  When we scrape a 1 nil at home to Wycombe next season it will be carnage.

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The thing is Cocu has moved away from what was serving the team well.

Having a go at teams and being positive.

Obviously Holmes is a big miss. But clearly in the past four games, Cocu has let his negative approach creep back out.

Personally I’d rather win 4-3 than draw 1-1.

Right on cue - have a pop at Cocu yet again.

It wasn't Cocu who missed some gilt-edged chances, made a suicidal cross-field pass leading to their winning goal or had a keeper who just flapped at the ball. We had the chances to win that game but we're short of a clinical striker, a dominant CB and some pace out wide which Cocu deserves to be given the chance to rectify by the time we will be ready to go again in August.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We know Waghorn is better for the team when playing out wide or next to Martin so if the others helped out more we would benefit as a team 

Yeah just on train and that was our reflection. Martin creates for others . Marriott wasn’t bad he just had near zero service. Other than a one two with Waggy I can’t recall him doing much at all. 

Wasted formation. 

Archived