v QPR (a) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Aye..

But by how many goals?  When we scrape a 1 nil at home to Wycombe next season it will be carnage.

It's difficult I know...I understand where you're coming from that there seems to be more posts on a matchday thread after a defeat then after a win....at least the Cocu out noise seems to have subsided a bit though I guess 

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Right on cue - have a pop at Cocu yet again.

It wasn't Cocu who missed some gilt-edged chances, made a suicidal cross-field pass leading to their winning goal or had a keeper who just flapped at the ball. We had the chances to win that game but we're short of a clinical striker, a dominant CB and some pace out wide which Cocu deserves to be given the chance to rectify by the time we will be ready to go again in August.

Ignore it bud. He'll post the same thing a dozen times and then immediately start moaning that people are calling him out again next. Compulsive attention-seeking disorder I reckon.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's difficult I know...I understand where you're coming from that there seems to be more posts on a matchday thread after a defeat then after a win....at least the Cocu out noise seems to have subsided a bit though I guess 

Cocu out??  Oh poo, ive been shouting rooster out for the past few months. No wonder all the neighbours are ignoring me. 

For me our performances aren't far off, just the final ball or our finishing that lets us down. The number of clear cut chances Waghorn has missed is astounding. Davies doesnt look comfortable on the ball and imo makes Clarke look edgy, Clarke is much better with Wisdom alongside him. We really do make it easy for the opposition to score against us away.

Really missing Holmes breaking the lines, Rooney needs to be in the 2 with Bird not in the 10. If Cocu doesnt want to put Lawrence there again then maybe try Marriott off Martin.

On the whole wasnt a bad performance but unfortunatly sits alongside Stoke, Barnsley, Luton & Bristol in games we should have won away but come back with 2pts out of 15. 

I do think this will help us come good next season though once Cocu has his own players in like Te Wierik, roll on next season!!

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Ignore it bud. He'll post the same thing a dozen times and then immediately start moaning that people are calling him out again next. Compulsive attention-seeking disorder I reckon.

He criticised Cocu before the Fulham game, saying he was making too many changes but has yet to respond when i asked what changes he would have made.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

He criticised Cocu before the Fulham game, saying he was making too many changes but has yet to respond when i asked what changes he would have made.

Same poo, different day. Everything is down to squad rotation, even the fact that we've missed 3 absolute sitters tonight. All down to Phil, of course.... ?

1 minute ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Cocu makes the same mistakes, are you surprised it leads to the same frustrations from supporters?

No-one is seeking attention. We all want the same thing at the end of the day. No need for comments like that.

43 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Two goals conceded from simple errors once again has cost us points. A draw would have been a fairer result but at least an encouraging performance on the whole. 
Bogle coming on for Davies gave the team better balance, and it’s great to see Whittaker come on and make an impact. 
I imagine that defeat means we’ll see Bogle (and possibly Roos) back in the starting lineup, as we ramp up building towards next season. 

What are we actually building ?

i say that with an element of satire and Cos I’m in a mard Cos we’ve been beat on the road yet again( as night follows day) 

Clark will go back

bogle has regressed 

lowe ... so so .. some good some bad 

bird excellent big tick

need a new keeper 

need a new centre back assuming wisdom isn’t going to partner the new lad 

bielik still has a lot to do not least get over his massive injury 

We need a centre forward 

we need at least one wide player 

we need a keeper 

that’s a lot of building in one summer 

I honestly think next year will be a write off two, this is a big club that has made big mistakes and won’t just change in one or two transfer windows 

I’m just pissed off with it all atm 

and still very worried about that bottom 3 if we get deducted points Cos that away form ain’t helping us 

Nothing that hasn’t been said ad nauseum for weeks now. 

Too slow all over the pitch. Injection of pace and athleticism required. No ball carriers on top of that too. Seems like every week there’s 2 or 3 players our side would kill for - Kamara, Cavaleiro, Osayi-Samuel and Eze just from the last 2 games alone  

The back four, five including Hamer, all not good enough in possession to play out like we attempt to. It’s a mess waiting to happen. Chuck Shinnie in as the closest outlet and it makes it even worse. 

Davies looked hopeless. Terrible on the ball, incapable of playing a five yard pass that wasn’t knee height. Got rinsed twice in just a couple of minutes of Osayi-Samuel going up front and then got brought off - finally. 

Waghorn can’t finish his dinner - and has Lego bricks for boots.

Going to be a long summer when I doubt we will have the funds we need to fix this imbalanced mess of a squad. 

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Cocu makes the same mistakes, are you surprised it leads to the same frustrations from supporters?

No-one is seeking attention. We all want the same thing at the end of the day. No need for comments like that.

Right on cue... If you don't want folk getting irritable over your posts how nabout making your point and then moving on instead of regurgitating the same anti-Cocu bilge over and over again. To keep the peace I'll block you as I can pretty much preempt every word of every post you make anyway.

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

What are we actually building ?

i say that with an element of satire and Cos I’m in a mard Cos we’ve been beat on the road yet again( as night follows day) 

Clark will go back

bogle has regressed 

lowe ... so so .. some good some bad 

bird excellent big tick

need a new keeper 

need a new centre back assuming wisdom isn’t going to partner the new lad 

bielik still has a lot to do not least get over his massive injury 

We need a centre forward 

we need at least one wide player 

we need a keeper 

that’s a lot of building in one summer 

I honestly think next year will be a write off two, this is a big club that has made big mistakes and won’t just change in one or two transfer windows 

I’m just pissed off with it all atm 

and still very worried about that bottom 3 if we get deducted points Cos that away form ain’t helping us 

We won't get all those though which is what I stated in the transfer thread, it's totally unrealistic.

So we need to prioritise which positions we do need to strengthen - GK, CB, Winger

Just now, Srg said:

The back four, five including Hamer, all not good enough in possession to play out like we attempt to. It’s a mess waiting to happen. Chuck Shinnie in as the closest outlet and it makes it even worse. 

Would you include Lowe in that? I would say Lowe is decent at playing it out the back, he's just hindered by the others in the defense.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Would you include Lowe in that? I would say Lowe is decent at playing it out the back, he's just hindered by the others in the defense.

No, I wouldn’t. Thought it would be better today, than the back line of Wisdom, Davies, Clarke and Forsyth which we have been using and has looked awful at it - particularly vs Huddersfield. Yet the ball seemed to stick at Davies even more than usually - probably due to QPR figuring it out easily. Don’t think Shinnie helped things either... is it me, or does he always seem to get the ball stuck under his feet?

Just now, IslandExile said:

Your main complaint against Cocu is that he changes the team.

So what team would you pick for every single match, regardless of injuries, form, opposition?

For me, I would have stuck with the team that beat Stoke 4-0 as closely as possible and let that team blossom.

Changes are going to happen. I agree that there is not a lot Cocu can do when someone like Holmes gets injured or Hamer is ineligible for one game.

But what have all the other changes achieved?

1 minute ago, Srg said:

No, I wouldn’t. Thought it would be better today, than the back line of Wisdom, Davies, Clarke and Forsyth which we have been using and has looked awful at it - particularly vs Huddersfield. Yet the ball seemed to stick at Davies even more than usually - probably due to QPR figuring it out easily. Don’t think Shinnie helped things either... is it me, or does he always seem to get the ball stuck under his feet?

Davies is so so limited and predictable on the ball that the opposition can tell what he's going to do with it every time, it's the thing we miss Keogh for the most. It's something we have to address first and foremost in the summer. Sometimes Wisdom just clears the ball for no reason when he has way more time and can use it, Fozzy does it too. Yeah, we looked much better when Bird or Rooney dropped in to receive it, Shinnie is as limited on the ball as the defenders.

Just now, Andicis said:

Davies is so so limited and predictable on the ball that the opposition can tell what he's going to do with it every time, it's the thing we miss Keogh for the most. It's something we have to address first and foremost in the summer. Sometimes Wisdom just clears the ball for no reason when he has way more time and can use it, Fozzy does it too. Yeah, we looked much better when Bird or Rooney dropped in to receive it, Shinnie is as limited on the ball as the defenders.

Hoping te Wierik is capable.

Be interesting what the plan is next to him. Wisdom has shown a bit of something and I think centre back is probably where he ends up long term, but whether he’s good enough I’m not sure. Bielik is another option, but he may not be ready til Christmas at full speed and I think I prefer him in midfield from what I’ve seen anyway.

So that should well lead us needing another centre back, with Clarke gone and Davies likely being given away for nothing to anyone who will have him. 

Just now, Srg said:

Hoping te Wierik is capable.

Be interesting what the plan is next to him. Wisdom has shown a bit of something and I think centre back is probably where he ends up long term, but whether he’s good enough I’m not sure. Bielik is another option, but he may not be ready til Christmas at full speed and I think I prefer him in midfield from what I’ve seen anyway.

So that should well lead us needing another centre back, with Clarke gone and Davies likely being given away for nothing to anyone who will have him. 

Never watched him play, stats indicate that's how he likes to play, hope so.

The Bristol game for me showed that Wisdom is too weak in the air to be a first choice centre half for us. He got exposed on a lot of crosses, he's decent on the ball but not sure he's big enough. 

I think another centre half, and another keeper and our distribution from the back will look a lot better.

Archived