v Fulham (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Yani P said:

Yeah very pedestrian we have had all the best chances Fulham have bossed possession doing nothing with it

Im gonna be that person and say we need Marriott on to get in behind, Waghorn doesnt have the pace 

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Anyway, pretty even was my take on it. Is it as windy as they're saying? and how are radio Derby coping?

Im nearby, its pretty bad to be fair

Not a great advert for Championship football. Its all very tactical. 

Fulham are a shadow of the side compared to the away game and pass for the sake of passing. 

Derby look organised and functional with the ability to snatch a goal. 

I dont enjoy watching this type of football. 

We’re looking ok, had some decent passages of play and looked the more likely to score whilst limiting Fulham fairly well. We just need that something extra in the final third!

Bit of a concern with wisdom let’s hope he’s ok but I’m expecting to see bogle on in the second half.

Decent half of football against a talented outfit. A game broken up into spells really, we had a couple of 5-10 minute spells when we’ve looked really quite impressive pressing Fulham back and creating good chances where we’ve worked their keeper. Should really have taken at least one of them, and we may rue being less clinical. Fulham have also had sustained spells of possession when we’ve not been composed enough on the ball in defence/ midfield when we’ve won it. But in fairness, we’ve restricted them to few clear cut chances with some good defending. I think we’ve been the better team personally. 

Main worry for me is our lack of pace at the back, we look vulnerable to the counter. We also look a little one dimensional in midfield - Shinnie and Bird seem to be doing the same job and getting in each other’s way. All a bit too defensive and deep for me. Definitely missing Holmes there and I’d maybe look to get Sibley on for someone to carry the ball through the thirds at some point in the second half - or at least instruct Shinnie to sit deeper and allow Bird to carry the ball towards the opposition box as he looks the most likely to create anything.

1 minute ago, R@M said:

Won the ball and started our best move? In positions to score and covering as far back as our 25yard line? 

Doing enough for me. 

Oh right it's just when that's said about Martin some see that as not enough.

I'd rather Marriott was out there.

Archived