Best Full Backs in the League?

Ghost of Clough

Bogle seemed very calm and inflappable last season. This season, he seems to get over excited. Gets into petty squabbles, loses concentration and gives away loads of free kicks.

when he's at his best he can be great. Hopefully he gets his focus back.

lowe seems to need someone to push him and drive him to fulfill his potential. 

Two good players, but still plenty of room for further improvement in due course.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Patrick Rams said:

Fans of virtually every club in this league would disagree with you.Bogle has made horrendous mistakes this season. You sound incredibly biased.

I’ve not seen a full back at PP this season fit to lace Bogle’s boots. He’s 19 so of course he’s going to make mistakes but his potential is massive. His energy, first touch, intelligence and crossing ability are as good as I’ve seen. He does need to work on the defensive side of his game but then so did Roberto Carlos and Cafu (I.e. attacking full backs). 

He’s made a few mistakes, none that I’d called horrendous (I’d call the clearance and OG unfortunate) , but easily earns his place. Compared to Malone he’s faultless Cos there’s a bloke with a calamity or 20 in him. 

And of course I’m bloody biased! He’s almost one of our own!

7 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Both players were poor today, but Lowe has improved this season IMO. On the other hand, Bogle doesn't seem to be having the same impact that he did last season. 

We need to stick with them, both very young and will improve, today was disappointing granted. Stopping the crosses is about positioning, this requires experience, Cocu and his team will be working on this, make no mistake, it's just not a quick fix.

Bogle does not look interested at all, slowed the game down so much tonight, tripping over the ball or literally standing still with it before going back to Wisdom. Then when he did try to attack he couldnt cross the ball. He has 2 modes currently, doing nothing or thinking he is ronaldo and cant beat every man & his dog. Defending wise, so poor, he has gone backwards since last season imo.

Lowe, poor first half, kept letting their lad cut back onto his left foot to put crosses in. Not sure why he was left marking Benkovic for the 2nd. Improved 2nd half & put in a few decent crosses. Personally would have stuck with Forsyth tonight for his height & defending ability with it being away from home.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Bogle does not look interested at all, slowed the game down so much tonight, tripping over the ball or literally standing still with it before going back to Wisdom. Then when he did try to attack he couldnt cross the ball. He has 2 modes currently, doing nothing or thinking he is ronaldo and cant beat every man & his dog. Defending wise, so poor, he has gone backwards since last season imo.

Lowe, poor first half, kept letting their lad cut back onto his left foot to put crosses in. Not sure why he was left marking Benkovic for the 2nd. Improved 2nd half & put in a few decent crosses. Personally would have stuck with Forsyth tonight for his height & defending ability with it being away from home.

To be honest, Christie was a better player than Bogle. I find it strange people gave him much more grief for far less poor play. He seems to have a distinct can't be arsed attitude to tracking back when he loses the ball. Wisdoms natural default is to move into his usual position to cover this problem leaving Clarke on his own.  Track back ya lazy bum. At 19 you can run all day.

16 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be honest, Christie was a better player than Bogle. I find it strange people gave him much more grief for far less poor play. He seems to have a distinct can't be arsed attitude to tracking back when he loses the ball. Wisdoms natural default is to move into his usual position to cover this problem leaving Clarke on his own.  Track back ya lazy bum. At 19 you can run all day.

I can't have that - the difference between Christie and Bogle is absolutely massive. It's beyond massive. They're utterly incomparable IMO. 

Archived