Best Full Backs in the League?

Ghost of Clough

On thread I'd say both lads have a fair bit to learn but the potential is there for all to see. I'd like Jayden to settle down a bit though tbh. He's looked like he's ready to lose it in several games recently and needs to work harder IMO.  Not sure what's up with him but with both Cocu and Fozzy mentioning him there's obviously something in need of fixing.

Max is a different case as his form has been more consistent by and large. He must get closer to his winger though and not allow them time and space to pick their crosses. 

In mitigation, I think this season has been tough for the pair of them as our defence has been leaky and disorganised at the best of times. I think tying Mike te Wierik in at the earliest possible moment clearly shows that Cocu sees these defensive deficiencies and is keen to bring in someone to lead the back 4. Hopefully Mike proves to be up to the job and can help improve the young'uns too. In a team and a season where pretty much every player has struggled for consistency, perhaps we should not be too harsh on these lads. Fozzy and Andre are very able in their own right in any case and can be argued to be in better form right now too so we do at least have options.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Football manager know a good player when they see one...

Jayden's a real talent, he'll play in the Premier League as comfortably as Jeff or Will without a doubt.

I think he's been asked to play a more right wing back role at times, maybe because of his natural ability, rather than concentrating on learning his trade as a full back with attacking skills.

I think they would work really well as wingbacks in a 352 or a 343. Maybe next year we'll see:

NEW

TE WIERIK   BIELIK   WISDOM

BOGLE                                                LOWE

ROONEY       BIRD      SIBLEY

MARTIN          MARRIOTT

OR

NEW

TE WIERIK   BIELIK   WISDOM

BOGLE                                                LOWE

BIRD       ROONEY

KNIGHT                             LAWRENCE
                           MARTIN