u19's v Borussia Dortmund U19 (H)

Bubbles

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I, unfortunately, can't take any time off but I'll stick it one of my monitors at work.

Will need to be a strong Derby side; a lot of talent in Dortmund youth. Including one much talked about Giovanni Reyna - the (british born) next US big thing. Scored this goal for their first team in the cup last week.

I know it's a big step up but do you think he'd like a loan to Derby to play alongside the great Wayne Rooney? 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Obviously ??

On your first point, bullpoo. I've seen Good Will Hunting where Matt Damon was a maths genius and all he did was fight and shag Minnie Driver, so there! 

At the same time?  Sounds a bit pervy for my liking!  

"Good Will Hunting", yer say... 

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Well when you do a proper degree like maths then you have no choice, if you don’t want to fail! Not like these half arsed BA degrees where you only have to rock up for a couple of hours a week.... like I don’t know... law?. Basically get your degree by reading a couple of books and writing the odd essay?

No shade thrown at any specific individual on here, of course?

I did a BA in Mathematics. 

The way I could knock out a fourier series or a laplace transform was certainly an art form....?

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Well when you do a proper degree like maths then you have no choice, if you don’t want to fail! Not like these half arsed BA degrees where you only have to rock up for a couple of hours a week.... like I don’t know... law?. Basically get your degree by reading a couple of books and writing the odd essay?

No shade thrown at any specific individual on here, of course?

Doesn't even have the cojones to @ me. Typical. Don't forget, I'll be the one coming for you when you mess up my clients' accounts.

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

"English champions Derby County"  - sounds good, that.

Hurricane "Sabine" has not been able to stop Borussia's U19 – and neither should the next opponent in the UEFA Youth League: The BVB delegation flew on time to Birmingham on Monday, then went by bus in the snow drift to Derby, where Tuesday at 2 pm CET at Pride Park the Pl ay-off game against Derby County.

"Our goal is of course to qualify for the quarter-finals, but we know it's going to be incredibly difficult," says Michael Skibbe. His boys have gained a lot of confidence with the victories in the top games against 1. FC Köln and Borussia Mönchengladbach, but this opponent is still a category higher than the top teams of the Bundesliga. "An athletically first-class team that goes at a high tempo," Skibbe said of Derby County.

The English under-18 team won the Championship last year, leaving behind prominent opponents such as Liverpool, the two Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal. Seven of these guys are now part of the regular staff of the professional team, three players strengthen the squad of the current team in the UEFA Youth League. As England's champions, Derby County started in the parallel to the Youth League, which is called the "Master Way", and moved into the play-off round with victories against Minsk (2-0, 7:2) and IA Reykjavik (2:1, 4:1). BVB has a hard nut to crack...

Ricken: "Growing together as a team"

"I hope that we can take the good results from the two Bundesliga top games into this game and we can continue the series. We have now played to zero twice in a row. You get the feeling that the players have also grown together as a team," says junior coordinator Lars Ricken. In order to pass in Derby, the team needs a similarly closed performance as in the 2-0 in Cologne. Against Mönchengladbach, she again produced some individual mistakes in the defensive behaviour and allowed the opponent far too many chances. 'That shouldn't happen to us in Derby. We have to defend very concentrated as a team and then show our qualities in the game forward," michael Skibbe said.

As might be expected, he will have to do without Giovanni Reyna, who has played in the professional squad.

9 hours ago, angieram said:

"English champions Derby County"  - sounds good, that.

Its quite surreal having write-ups on the BVB site talking about us like that (even though that is what we are), "we made mistakes against Monchengladbach; we can't afford to do that against Derby." 

I know we've been good at youth level for a while but this fixture is really bringing it home.

Archived