u19's v Borussia Dortmund U19 (H)

Bubbles

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only worry is that both Sibley and Whittaker are very short of match minutes as they sit around on the fringes of the first team. 

It must be frustrating and exciting in equal measure.

I hope they aren't too rusty in respect of their understanding with the rest of the under 19 squad too. 

With Giovanni Reyna not involved, their top scorer (who was tied with Reyna on 4 goals) in the competition is Youssoufa Moukoko who is 15 (FIFTEEN!) years old.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

With Giovanni Reyna not involved, their top scorer (who was tied with Reyna on 4 goals) in the competition is Youssoufa Moukoko who is 15 (FIFTEEN!) years old.

So he was born in what, 2005? God damn I'm old as hell.

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

My only worry is that both Sibley and Whittaker are very short of match minutes as they sit around on the fringes of the first team. 

It must be frustrating and exciting in equal measure.

I hope they aren't too rusty in respect of their understanding with the rest of the under 19 squad too. 

I don't think that'll be so much on an issue. The U23s have only played 4 games since Christmas, with Sibley and Whittaker playing the full 90 in one of those. Sibley also got a full 90 vs Palace and played 90 over the two games vs Northampton. Whittaker got 80 minutes in the cup as well at a few minutes here and there in the league.

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Dortmund U19s are 2nd in the Western section of the German League (level on points). The U19 Bundesliga is made up of 3 regions.

Moukoko has 26 goals (no penalties) in 16 games so far, with their next best in their squad on 9 (5 penalties).

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Dortmund U19s are 2nd in the Western section of the German League (level on points). The U19 Bundesliga is made up of 3 regions.

Moukoko has 26 goals (no penalties) in 16 games so far, with their next best in their squad on 9 (5 penalties).

Absurd

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

reckon we can get him to jump ship to fellow european giants?

10 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

Build up to the game on the official Borussia Dortmund website

https://www.bvb.de/eng/News/Overview/U19s-need-a-top-performance-in-Derby

I liked the opening sentance: "Borussia Dortmund U19s could have hardly been given a tougher draw"

Also, it looks like they'll play in a 4231 formation...
The expected lineup: Unbehaun - Terzi, Ferjani, Schell, Göckan - Amedick, Raschl - Knauff, Bakir, Khadra (Rauch) - Moukoko.

It's an experienced side with 1x 20 year old, 4x 19, and 4x 18.
For comparison, we'll likely field 2x 19 year olds, 6x 18, and 3x 17. So, despite them having a 15 year striker, they'll still have a higher average age on the pitch.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

So just to confirm, this isn't on Rams TV? Can't see it mentioned on our website. Shame if not, I'm working from home today - could have stuck it on!

No it's not, but it is on BT Sport. You'll be able to view it if you take a risque trip down a river, if you don't have BT.

Archived