v Man Utd FA Cup 5th Rnd

secretsquirrel

23 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

And you a stats man Ella! Thought you’d be engrossed 

Secretly I was excited when he discovered that it was 50:50 because everybody’s perception is that we’ve been drawn away mostly thereby revealing the unreliability of our implicit understanding of things and showing the benefit of evidence-based statistical data. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Needlesh said:

All those moaning about it being a Thursday what with working evenings/nights and living away etc, I'd just like to share that I work regular days, so I don't mind.

Thanks. 

?

Same here.

I'll finish no later than 4pm.  Takes me 5 mins to drive home.  Don't need to set off until gone 7pm anyway (half hour walk).  ST Holder, so assuming I'll get priority.  Won £40 on the lotto about 3 months ago, and couldn't think what to spend it on, so I saved it for such an outcome as this.  Thursday is usually shopping night, so I'll even have a good excuse to give that a miss.  Oh... and if it runs to ET/Pens, although I usually start work around 7am, there's nobody to baalock me if I turn in late next morning!  

The more I think about it, the more brilliant this appears.  I hope we get more Thursday evening games.  Suits me down to the ground!  ?

1 hour ago, jake0603 said:

Absolutely gutted it’s a Thursday evening, I’m a teacher and I’ve got parents evening that night. Wrongly assumed it would be Tuesday or Wednesday and I’d be fine. Damn you BT!

What were the chances of that then a teacher not being off can't you make it one of those inset day things. ?

2 hours ago, jake0603 said:

Absolutely gutted it’s a Thursday evening, I’m a teacher and I’ve got parents evening that night. Wrongly assumed it would be Tuesday or Wednesday and I’d be fine. Damn you BT!

Leave a short recording saying "yer kid/kids are fine, tell em to do their homework and concentrate more in class but they are good kid/kids who have potential if they keep trying" and leave it running.

Cancelled BT Sport last year so looks like I'll be forced to head on down to the local pub which also doubles as a particularly good Thai. Will be terrible, just terrible  It may be a Thursday, but that's the new Friday right? Oh, and I work from home Fridays ?

11 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

What were the chances of that then a teacher not being off can't you make it one of those inset day things. ?

Yeah,,,, or one of the other 120 days they get off.

BT had a 3 in 1 chance of picking one of those days and blew it  ?

Anyone Complaining about the Saturday match being moved must surely realise that if the 5th Round was played at the weekend (as would've been the case in previous years), then the Blackburn match would've moved to midweek, which is surely more inconvenient than being moved to a Sunday?

15 hours ago, jake0603 said:

Get a note from your Mum saying "i'm sorry jake can't make parents evening on Thursday as he's having to take his Nana to the Doctors for her smear test"

Archived