v Man Utd FA Cup 5th Rnd

secretsquirrel

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The home draw got me thinking about our absurd run of away draws in the cup; I actually went into my spreadsheet at the weekend and added in all the cup draws (no replays) since we returned to the Championship following our highly successful one year foray back into the PL.

Turns out, over that time span - the home/away draws are one away from being exactly 50/50. Prior to this current run of the vast majority of games being Away draws we went on an equally improbably run of all our draws being Home games. 

I guess it just shows that getting lots of away games in a row is just more noticeable. 

PS. In that time we've drawn Man United 6 times. Played against them 7. Bit weird, that.

4 minutes ago, Amberram said:

That's another 3pm kick off gone then (Saturday after)

?

Not true. It's still a 3pm kick off. It's just on Sunday now. ? 

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

They're all midweek, it's a midweek round.

Didn’t realise that, I work nights during the week and only have my son at weekends, plus living away from Derby so would have been nice if it was a weekend game and get my lad down for it

19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Only been 2 thursday games all season get over it.

Ya right B4, gonna pull myself together, wipe the tears and crack on.........just seen the Blackburn game has been moved to Sunday 8th, will get my lad down for that 1 ??????

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

The home draw got me thinking about our absurd run of away draws in the cup; I actually went into my spreadsheet at the weekend and added in all the cup draws (no replays) since we returned to the Championship following our highly successful one year foray back into the PL.

Turns out, over that time span - the home/away draws are one away from being exactly 50/50. Prior to this current run of the vast majority of games being Away draws we went on an equally improbably run of all our draws being Home games. 

I guess it just shows that getting lots of away games in a row is just more noticeable. 

PS. In that time we've drawn Man United 6 times. Played against them 7. Bit weird, that.

League Cup semi over 2 legs?

We do seem to play man u in the cups a disproportionate amount though, what are the odds.....

Archived