v Man Utd FA Cup 5th Rnd

secretsquirrel

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

The home draw got me thinking about our absurd run of away draws in the cup; I actually went into my spreadsheet at the weekend and added in all the cup draws (no replays) since we returned to the Championship following our highly successful one year foray back into the PL.

Turns out, over that time span - the home/away draws are one away from being exactly 50/50. Prior to this current run of the vast majority of games being Away draws we went on an equally improbably run of all our draws being Home games. 

I guess it just shows that getting lots of away games in a row is just more noticeable. 

PS. In that time we've drawn Man United 6 times. Played against them 7. Bit weird, that.

. . . I bet you’re a scream on holiday ?.

28 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

All these people moaning it's a Thursday - I'm guessing it will be the same people wanting us to get into the Europa league where we'll play every Thursday.

I love change and can't wait for a Thursday night under the lights. Bring on the last 8 Derby 

It's not the same thing. European matches have always been mid-week and are over and above traditional Saturday matches so you just accept it. Same with the Carabao/Milk/League cup. 

Too many league or FA cup matches (apart from replays of course) is a different matter.

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

. . . I bet you’re a scream on holiday ?.

? I have a healthy balance of tedious activity and everything else, thank you very much ? 

Archived