Max Bird

dazzadcfc

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the highlights back and absolutely gutted for the lad that the goalie made a great save from that chance near the end that would probably have given us all 3 points and Max himself loads more confidence to shoot more from good positions.Can't wait to see how he develops over the next 18 months or so.

On 16/02/2020 at 13:44, Curtains said:

Pity he couldn’t play in that Semi Final at Hillsborough we might have won. 

Never forget that game as I got crushed on the Spion Kop and broke my wrist. 

Still cant forget the David Nish  goal  that didn’t stand.  

Bruce Rioch flattening anything that moved  

We owe Man U one lol 

David Nish goal was absolute class.

1 minute ago, Patrick Rams said:

Watching the highlights back and absolutely gutted for the lad that the goalie made a great save from that chance near the end that would probably have given us all 3 points and Max himself loads more confidence to shoot more from good positions.Can't wait to see how he develops over the next 18 months or so.

It was a really good save. I do wonder if he'd slipped it in the other side, the keeper would have been wrong footed? Can't blame the lad for not having that coolness in front of goal just yet. He's certainly getting closer! That's a couple of good chances in the last couple of games. 

4 hours ago, desirelines said:

It was a really good save. I do wonder if he'd slipped it in the other side, the keeper would have been wrong footed? Can't blame the lad for not having that coolness in front of goal just yet. He's certainly getting closer! That's a couple of good chances in the last couple of games. 

just watched it back. I'm taking bullocks 

On 16/02/2020 at 18:17, BrainyRam said:

There's an interview with Bird in the Football League paper today which is a good read. He came across very well.

Anyone that knows max will know just how hard and the dedication this lad has been putting in.its took a little longer than expected to get in the side but wow has he taken the opportunity.iv watched max for some years now and as iv said in previous posts this lad will one day play for england. 

Our best player. Build the team around him. Dictated play for us yet again tonight, who'd have thought when he made his debut he'd be carrying Wayne Rooney through games at times? Cannot give him enough praise at the moment, consistent excellence. 

Seems like we say the same things about Bird game after game - but he really deserves it. Some of his one touch passing is an absolute joy to behold - the vision he has is unreal. Such an intelligent player, and another very good game tonight. Shame others weren’t up with his wavelength so most of the superb passes he played didn’t come to much. Surrounded by better teammates I think he’d be even better - which is an almost scary thought. If this isn’t just a freak run of form, and he’s genuinely this good, then he’s simply one of the best midfielders outside the prem. He’s absolutely worthy of that praise, absolutely incredible talent to dictate games the way he does at just 19 years of age.

I'm beginning to think that Max might prove to be the best of the players to come through the academy to date. We still wax lyrical about Will who, from a technical perspective, was a joy to watch, but it strikes me that he seldom bossed games and carried the team in the way that Max is beginning to on a weekly basis too.

As prospects, I'd definitely expect Max to trump Will's progression and right now I'm just praying that we can hang onto the lad for another 2 to 3 years and that he does not become a marked man for the more thuggish elements of this division. I think a serious injury to this lad would test my fwith to the max. I also think that Will's best days were in the strongest squad we've had in a decade and while I'm in no way making light of his ability, Max is clearly showing his class in more turbulent waters.

Worryingly, it's difficult to envisage there being no interest from Premier League sides this summer. To me, Max's game is tailor-made for the top division so as I've previously stated in another thread, I'd be looking to improve and extend his contract beyond 2022 already. I suppose we can't hold back the tide, but if he is to leave the club over the next 18 months or so, then it needs to be for an astronomical fee and certainly not anything akin to the paltry money we were forced to accept for Hughes. If Tom Cairney was worth £20 million plus at the age of 27 and Ryan Sessegnon £30M, then I'd be looking at that kind of figure as a bare minimum for Max at 19, should the big boys coming knocking at our door.

My last thought is for the other lads of his age group. It's fair to say that last season and even this one, Max was not even in the group of names being bandied about except, based on a couple of cameos, in terms of him not being ready for the first team. His progression has, however, been phenomenal and in a difficult season for Rams fans, his growth as a player has been a beacon of light. I'd really hope that the other academy lads will be looking at him and rather than feeling daunted, instead thinking 'if he can do it, I can too and what's more, I will' and absolutely working their socks off to ensure they too can step up in style, rather than merely making the grade and resting on their laurels should they do so.

I’m not sure why re-evaluating Bird has to be accompanied by a re-writing of history with regards to Will Hughes.

hughes was the dog’s reproductive organs.

so is Max. 

11 hours ago, Andicis said:

Our best player. Build the team around him. Dictated play for us yet again tonight, who'd have thought when he made his debut he'd be carrying Wayne Rooney through games at times? Cannot give him enough praise at the moment, consistent excellence. 

I think Bird is brilliant, and last night was no exception. However, I thought Rooney, mistake aside, was excellent last night.

On 22/02/2020 at 18:55, Premier ram said:

Max matures more and more every game , outstanding performance last night , must be close to being first name on the team sheet , Rams captain in the making

I'm sure they said on Rams TV that Cocu said he is currently the second name on the team sheet. Presumably the first is Rooney but only because of who he is and the fact he's captain. 

Got to be favourite for YPOTY if he maintains his form. 

Archived