Max Bird

dazzadcfc

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a game that wasn't easy on the eye, I often found myself watching Max Bird.  Every attack went through him, he's got great composure, touch and distribution.  I think he might just be my new favourite player.

The question is, if he's this good after a dozen games at 19 does he have enough stardust to eclipse Craig Ramage's playing career?

9 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

In a game that wasn't easy on the eye, I often found myself watching Max Bird.  Every attack went through him, he's got great composure, touch and distribution.  I think he might just be my new favourite player.

The question is, if he's this good after a dozen games at 19 does he have enough stardust to eclipse Craig Ramage's playing career?

He wasn’t immune from Ramage criticism today.

At least I think he was talking about Max Bird? Might have been Max Lowe, or Max Branning, or Mad Max. Hard to tell sometimes, mainly because it all comes out of his Gluteus Maximus 

15 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

He was at the heart of everything good second half. At one point, he even stride forward and got to the touchline to put a cross in... showed how good he was and how slow the forwards are at the same time. 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I want to see him pass the ball forward more. He’s taking the safe option too many times and going backwards when he could advance it.

Were not helped by our attacking three here - Lawrence, Waghorn and Martin are static players who make slick football hard to do as they don’t move into space but Bird is just a little too safe for me. One great assist for Knighty otherwise I want to see him effect play more aka George Thorne.

Hopefully as his development moves on and Rooney coaches/influences him this aspect will develop.

Its stupidly premature to be saying things such as England at this point in time.

He almost always passes to the most advanced player in space. It’s difficult to pass forwards when there’s a lack of movement in front of him. 
He should be trusted more. There are times when the GK or defence could play the ball to him, and 2 touches later the ball would be in the other half. Instead, they take the safe option and it stays in defence or with the GK. 

Despite being a DM, he’s often the most advanced midfielder driving the team forward - as evidenced by him driving in to the box and crossing late on today. 

29 minutes ago, nottingram said:

He wasn’t immune from Ramage criticism today.

At least I think he was talking about Max Bird? Might have been Max Lowe, or Max Branning, or Mad Max. Hard to tell sometimes, mainly because it all comes out of his Gluteus Maximus 

The two men who sit behind me and are season ticket holders today: 

Who's our number 41? He's alright.

Max Lowe.

Good isn't he? 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Max Lowe.

Good isn't he? 

They might not know who he is, but at least they acknowledged he had a decent game today, unlike Mr Ramage. ???

12 hours ago, angieram said:

Max Lowe.

Good isn't he? 

I used to think bobby robson was daft when he called mark hateley, tony hateley. But as you get older you do start to get names wrong or simply can’t remember them. 

P.s. I thought wotsisname played well. 

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I used to think bobby robson was daft when he called mark hateley, tony hateley. But as you get older you do start to get names wrong or simply can’t remember them. 

P.s. I thought wotsisname played well. 

I'm just rather disappointed that two men who have been to every home match this season between them

a) haven't noticed our number 41 before

b) can't tell the difference between Max Bird and Max Lowe.

It's not as if this is the first time Bird has played, is it?

It's like the bloke who sat behind us in the North Stand who wanted to know why Fozzy wasn't playing about three weeks after he did his ACL right in front of us.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm just rather disappointed that two men who have been to every home match this season between them

It's like the bloke who sat behind us in the North Stand who wanted to know why Fozzy wasn't playing about three weeks after he did his ACL right in front of us.

Probably blames the medical staff for having the wrong type of magic sponge ? too

14 hours ago, rammieib said:

I want to see him pass the ball forward more. He’s taking the safe option too many times and going backwards when he could advance it.

Were not helped by our attacking three here - Lawrence, Waghorn and Martin are static players who make slick football hard to do as they don’t move into space but Bird is just a little too safe for me. One great assist for Knighty otherwise I want to see him effect play more aka George Thorne.

Hopefully as his development moves on and Rooney coaches/influences him this aspect will develop.

Its stupidly premature to be saying things such as England at this point in time.

I think he needs to pass forward more too. But I also think that the system hinders playing through the lines. Our width intentionally comes from our full-backs so it’s regularly the pass that’s on. 

I’m not sure about Lawrence and Waghorn being static. It’s that they’re played narrowly. 

35 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well.....yes....but.....

I remember walking back from one game and my dear old Dad saying that he thought Charlie George had a good game.

Charlie George wasn’t playing.

19 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

That was the class that Charlie had. Despite not playing he was still the best player. 

Pity he couldn’t play in that Semi Final at Hillsborough we might have won. 

Never forget that game as I got crushed on the Spion Kop and broke my wrist. 

Still cant forget the David Nish  goal  that didn’t stand.  

Bruce Rioch flattening anything that moved  

We owe Man U one lol 

Archived