Max Bird

dazzadcfc

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Superb again today, always available, plays it simple, pass and move, played some excellent long passes to switch the play.

It's also worth noting that he intercepted the ball, glided past a player to start the move for the winner. 

Best bit is it was that Bamford Gallagher who he left on the floor ?

17 minutes ago, Squid said:

Birdy boy, what a crackin player we have on our hands

wont be suprised if he keeps up this form prem teams will come snooping around

A couple of incidents - his contribution to the winning goal and when he bested 3 Swansea players trying to take the ball off him - showed how good he is. Apart from a bit of squad rotation or God forbid injury, there is no reason why he shouldn't start every game. His link up with Rooney is so impressive.

On 09/02/2020 at 03:33, sunnyhill60 said:

A couple of incidents - his contribution to the winning goal and when he bested 3 Swansea players trying to take the ball off him - showed how good he is. Apart from a bit of squad rotation or God forbid injury, there is no reason why he shouldn't start every game. His link up with Rooney is so impressive.

And the little drop of the shoulder for the first goal. He's stepping up, that's for sure. 

I think those doubting him last season (including me, privately) underestimate just how professional he is and how hard he's willing to work to make it. 

21 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

And the little drop of the shoulder for the first goal. He's stepping up, that's for sure. 

I think those doubting him last season (including me, privately) underestimate just how professional he is and how hard he's willing to work to make it. 

I hate to say I told you so 

I think doubting any young player at 18, 19 whatever is a mistake even though it’s natural to form opinions. They change a lot physically and mentally around that time and for the next couple of years. A lot of people appear to have drawn similar conclusions about Whittaker this season but I think we will see him blossom too. I think Cocu and his coaches see what we don’t. I read that Bird’s dad was really tall on this thread. If that’s so he may well grow a couple more inches. I can see him being very similar to Scott McTominay who plays for Man Utd. Max is 4 years younger than Scott. So maybe similar but better!

55 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He is a real top lad both on and off the field, he work so so hard and has real hunger for the game.as iv said already i believe he can play for england in the next few years

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Really has come on leaps and bounds this season. In previous seasons he's looked a little like a boy playing a man's game, but really producing mature, effective performances which, due to his position mostly go unnoticed. 

His contribution for the third goal was brilliant.

Did the EFL show highlights do his contribution full justice? If not, does anyone have any slightly fuller highlights they could share.

With Max making all this progress and a £20m Holmes (another thread), we'll soon be able to buy the stadium back!! ?

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The great thing about Max is he looks up.  

Vital for a footballer. .

Rooney looks up .

Some players just don't see the picture. 

Some of you are too young to remember Mel Sage, but a lot will remember. Those of us that lived through the lean years before Cox came and his first couple of seasons will remember the lack of quality of the players at that time. Head down. compete for the ball, boot it, head tennis and so on. But I remember Cox slowly improving the quality and going to see a pre season friendly, the first time I saw Mel Sage play for us. He was different to what we had recently been used to, you could see it straight away. Head up, looking for what to do with it. Calm on the ball. I knew the tide had turned and we were going places    

Off topic I know, but I thought I'd share it 

10 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Did the EFL show highlights do his contribution full justice? If not, does anyone have any slightly fuller highlights they could share.

With Max making all this progress and a £20m Holmes (another thread), we'll soon be able to buy the stadium back!! ?

If its the same as the Sky Sports video, then no on either of his contributions to either the first or third. There's a delicious drop of the shoulder in the build up to the first, and his interception is missed from the third.

Probably best waiting for the DCFC highlights on Youtube.

Archived