Max Bird

dazzadcfc

16 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Hopefully, but if one catches the eye and we get offered crazy money then there isnt a whole lot we can do!

Sadly, you are probably right. It will get us nowhere though, IMO

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/03/2020 at 14:37, Squid said:

Wayne Rooney on Bird:

“When I first joined I was watching him in training. I saw he had something different. He had a composure you very rarely see in young players. I was thinking if he ever got in the team then he’d be hard to get out of it.

“He’s been our best player. For me he’s probably the first name on the team sheet. I can’t speak highly enough of him and I’d push to say in the next year he could get an England place. I think he’s been that good.”

So proud of Max. And what an accolade that is coming from the best player of his generation. 

Max has become a player that I watch at times during games even when he isn’t on the ball, just to see what he’s doing. The only other players in the last 20 years that have made me do the same were Thorne and Hughes.

It was fascinating in the first 10 minutes today, when we were disjointed and clearly getting used to a new setup, to see him talking so much to players around him and gesturing to get them in the right positions. As the first half unfolded he went on some surging runs which just shifted the play immediately in a way that we don’t often see.

Give him the armband and a seven year contract, then just keep building teams around him. Special player. 

Max is a Rolls Royce. I thought yesterday as he effortlessly drifted through their team and got to the edge of the box he was going to slide the ball into the corner but he got a bit of a nose bleed and laid it off. A great lad and a wonderful player. In a few years an England player

16 hours ago, cannable said:

Yeah, that’s it, Rooney at centre-half? 

Joking aside, sweeper could be a position Rooney could actually play in the last days of his career. The same way Lothar Matthaus did at the end of his career. Rooney has the attributes to play that position.

18 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Max is a Rolls Royce. I thought yesterday as he effortlessly drifted through their team and got to the edge of the box he was going to slide the ball into the corner but he got a bit of a nose bleed and laid it off. A great lad and a wonderful player. In a few years an England player

Some moment that got me too? .. about 80 minutes in 3-0 up and your “defensive” midfielder is strutting round their  D playing passes. Magic 

Archived