v Luton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

24 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I said 2 away wins in the league. We have won 2 away wins in the league since December 29th 2018.

Couldn't care less if we won at Accrington, Southampton (we drew if you're being pedantic) or Scunthorpe.

The league is our bread and butter.

2 league away wins since December 29 2018 is absolutely pathetic.

16 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Ok, so in terms of the league that stat is correct. Some good results in there outside of the league still doesn’t deflect from what is an abysmal record. 
Derby were poor away in the Clough years too, I’m beginning to think this is worse.

I was only replying to the person who omitted “league”. I’d still include the playoffs as they’re part of the league season. 
That’s doesn’t make it any better, but it does indicate Cocu isn’t the issue. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Behaved like a leader last night both in play and in dealing with Max Lowe after he grabbed the Referees arm. 
He needs to stay in the back 4 and all this tinkering with the team has to stop

I agree Wisdom needs to stay, but I would move him across to full back and put Davies back in. Clarke looks more assured with Davies at the side of him and I have been pleasantly surprised by Wisdom's forward passing when playing at full back.

I love Bogle's attacking instinct but this season it is becoming increasingly apparent how much Keogh covered for him defensively last season. 

We also need to think that we have Malone returning at left back for a minimum of three matches (probably more.) He is such a liability defensively we need the rest of that unit to be really solid.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I was only replying to the person who omitted “league”. I’d still include the playoffs as they’re part of the league season. 

No, it doesn't indicate that. It indicates his football can't fix it either.

Not one word off a player after the game last night either. Cowards.

Honestly the spark has completely gone for me. I don't think I've ever felt so disconnected from my football club than I do now. 

I have no affiliation with any player at all. I couldn't care less about any of them. Any one of them could be sold tomorrow and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I don't look forward to games anymore. I used to be looking forward to them all week. Now I'm just not bothered in the slightest.

And that breaks my heart. 

This is the top down. Mel Morris has ran us into the ground. If he wasn't from Derby, if he was a foreigner. We'd be protesting about how bad this club has been run. One man cannot run a club of this size.

Can't keep the bloke out of the limelight when things are going well. How many fan forums last season? I lost count.

Now when it's awful, when we've plunged to depths this season we never thought we would, now it's really tough and now we need to know what's going on more than ever. He is absolutely nowhere to be seen.

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Honestly the spark has completely gone for me. I don't think I've ever felt so disconnected from my football club than I do now. 

I have no affiliation with any player at all. I couldn't care less about any of them. Any one of them could be sold tomorrow and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I don't look forward to games anymore. I used to be looking forward to them all week. Now I'm just not bothered in the slightest.

This is the top down. Mel Morris has ran us into the ground. If he wasn't from Derby, if he was a foreigner. We'd be protesting about how bad this club has been run. One man cannot run a club of this size.

Can't keep the bloke out of the limelight when things are going well. How many fan forums last season? I lost count.

Now when it's awful, when we've plunged to depths this season we never thought we would, now it's really tough and now we need to know what's going on more than ever. He is absolutely nowhere to be seen.

We have had Several polls regarding Cocu now what would the result be if we had a poll asking if Morris should stay or sell

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

I just prefer to avoid the patronising bilge, to be fair. And you seem to be dishing it out in large amounts.

Lol - i think i will wait until you have calmed down a bit. Its so easy to wind you up at the moment that it doesnt even feel like a fair competition.

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

1 defeat in 8. Players screwed up last night after 1st goal and we should be 7 points of playoffs today.

Why don't you care about all the kids coming through?

Mel's main crime has been to allow managers to sign players they wanted. Lampard's signings have mostly been rubbish and he messed up our pre-season. He also messed up the playoff final.

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

Yes but ,they've lost the last four and the guy that got their second goal hasn't scored for five years .So good old Derby lets give them a leg up.

That's the Derby way.

Anyone recall the season that Crystal Palace hadn't won at home at all then the Rams rocked up for the last game of the season?

9 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'm sick of the players at this football club letting us down time and time again. Rotten to the core.

Take Rooney out of that team last night and we have nothing left, Nothing left at all, Waghorn and Lawrenced brought nothing to the game, Except for Bogles cross what else has he contributed...at best his form has stagnated at worst he's gone backwards, Clarke a giant of a man struggled at set pieces, Wisdom the better of the 2, Lowe had a tough night and the sending off was foolish, Knight isn't a wide player, Bird did OK but OK isn't good enough in this team, Holmes Has a good game then tails off, Lawrence and Waghorn nuff said ?, Martin is the target man but lacks opportunitys under Cocu, Marriott see Martin, Most things came through Rooney last night and i'm betting he's thinking WOW this is bad.

Rotten to the core is a little strong Mackworth, But something aint right, I'll be gobsmacked if we make any signings this week, Until fresh money comes in ? I can see Uncle Mels pockets being sewn up.

Interesting listening to Joe Cole at the weekend talking about some WHU players just taking the money and having a holiday in London, I can see maybe some Derby players taking the money, But holidaying in Derby is a bit ambitious.

47 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

but is he the solution

After sleeping on those final 10 minutes, here are my player reviews

Hamer (7) - Made several fantastic saves to keep us in the game, and another shortly after we scored. Couldn't do anything with the goals. Still seems to be too slow to distribute the ball. Not sure why he wanted to pick the ball up, but it seems he did ask the ref first so I'll let him off

Bogle (7) - Confidence seemed to return in that second half with a couple of brilliant runs and decent crosses. Body position was wrong hence the OG.

Wisdom (6) - Looked comfortable on the ball, But needs to improve his positioning and better in the air. That should come with game time at CB.

Clarke (5) - Got caught out with a pass in behind a few times

Lowe (6) - Defended very well and put in a few decent crosses at the other end. Pushed in the lead up to the red, but no excuse for foolishly to touching the ref in an aggressive manner (normally goes unpunished in other games but it's still worthy of a red)

Bird (7) - the heart of the team at the moment. Always looking to pick up the ball, accurate (usually forward) passes, and few tackles/interceptions. Caught on the ball once when he had no forward options. Needs to add more weight to his long range passing

Holmes (7) - Several decent balls and got the assist for Rooney's goal. Mopped up defensively too.

Rooney (6) - Scored a goal but didn't seem to do much else

Knight (5) - Battled away on the wing but to little effect. Didn't involve himself in play often enough, but drilled in a few nice crosses when he did.

Lawrence (6) - Involved himself in the build up play more than usual in the first half, helped out defensively and looked a threat going forward. Should have been awarded a penalty and should have done better when he hit the bar. Faded a lot in the second half

Waghorn (5) - Struggled to get involved in play. Loose touch, and bad passes when he did.

Marriott (4) - Did almost nothing. One run into the channel and may have touched the ball once more after that. A bit of pressing.

Martin (7) - 2 shots, 1 goal, 1 chance created. 

Coco (6) - rewarded the players who were responsible for our recent form. We looked the better side for large periods, let down by switching off at key points once more.

Ref (2) - Key blunders in 2 passages of play compounded by favouring Luton. Missed the penalty, missed the push on Lowe and seemingly responded to Hamer asking if he could pick the ball up. Freekicks to Luton for the faintest of touches, but nothing when the other way round (push on Lowe as a key example). Obviously has no trust in the linesmen's judgement - the lino not flagging Bogle when using his arms to get past their LB despite the incident occurring under the lino's nose.

47 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree Wisdom needs to stay, but I would move him across to full back and put Davies back in. Clarke looks more assured with Davies at the side of him and I have been pleasantly surprised by Wisdom's forward passing when playing at full back.

I love Bogle's attacking instinct but this season it is becoming increasingly apparent how much Keogh covered for him defensively last season. 

We also need to think that we have Malone returning at left back for a minimum of three matches (probably more.) He is such a liability defensively we need the rest of that unit to be really solid.

I really like Wisdom at CB and personally think he looks more comfortable there than at FB. I also quite like Clarke at CB although last night may not have been his finest game.

Agree regarding Bogle. Some great crosses last night but not the player he was or appeared to be. 

8 minutes ago, I Bought the Tee Shirt said:

Take Rooney out of that team last night and we have nothing left, Nothing left at all, Waghorn and Lawrenced brought nothing to the game, Except for Bogles cross what else has he contributed...at best his form has stagnated at worst he's gone backwards, Clarke a giant of a man struggled at set pieces, Wisdom the better of the 2, Lowe had a tough night and the sending off was foolish, Knight isn't a wide player, Bird did OK but OK isn't good enough in this team, Holmes Has a good game then tails off, Lawrence and Waghorn nuff said ?, Martin is the target man but lacks opportunitys under Cocu, Marriott see Martin, Most things came through Rooney last night and i'm betting he's thinking WOW this is bad.

Rotten to the core is a little strong Mackworth, But something aint right, I'll be gobsmacked if we make any signings this week, Until fresh money comes in ? I can see Uncle Mels pockets being sewn up.

Interesting listening to Joe Cole at the weekend talking about some WHU players just taking the money and having a holiday in London, I can see maybe some Derby players taking the money, But holidaying in Derby is a bit ambitious.

Leave Rooney in the team and we still have nothing.

Did nothing more than anyone else now and to be honest as had one good game so far.

8 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

I don’t understand why he was dropped in the first place, you don’t need two ball-playing centre backs. Wisdom and Clarke are not that good at it anyway, bring Davies back. 

Last night wasn’t there finest but I quite like the Wisdom Clarke partnership. 

10 minutes ago, Spanish said:

but is he the solution

Given time I believe so. Things were starting to improve. We snatched a last minute away at Wigan. We dominated the game vs Palace and won. We then showed character to fight back from a goal down on two occasions to earn the draw. The quality of performance dipped against Northampton when the team selection was short on match fitness/experience Then for the first 70 minutes against Luton it only looked like one team would win.

Archived