Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

55 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Very unprofessional by Poznan but he's still their player. We shall see what happens. The danger is if another club begins to show serious interest.

If there was little or no interest prior to the 'alleged' fee hike then not much is likely to have changed.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Do the home work - then pay the money! 

It opens up to being taken for a ride every time we do a transfer - If it gets out we'll increase our offer by 25% because the selling club moves the goalposts last minute then everyone will start doing it to us

I'd love to bring this kid in cos he seems right up our street and seems ideal for Cocu-ball - But I also don't want to set a precedent for every future transfer dealing we go into - It's only £1m now but if that happens on every transfer it could soon spiral out of control

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was Lech’s plan all along. These days, transfers seem to be done in a different order with the fee agreed last.

Its going to be common that clubs put their time and focus on one player, and end up having to shell out more or else all that effort will be lost.

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

It opens up to being taken for a ride every time we do a transfer - If it gets out we'll increase our offer by 25% because the selling club moves the goalposts last minute then everyone will start doing it to us

I'd love to bring this kid in cos he seems right up our street and seems ideal for Cocu-ball - But I also don't want to set a precedent for every future transfer dealing we go into - It's only £1m now but if that happens on every transfer it could soon spiral out of control

I agree, but if he has the ability of a £20m player then it makes it easier to pay the extra million. If he's got the ability of a £3m winger and you're not sure that he's worth the extra money then move on. The fans will be disappointed for a bit, but they'll move on when we sign the next Ronaldo. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I agree, but if he has the ability of a £20m player then it makes it easier to pay the extra million. If he's got the ability of a £3m winger and you're not sure that he's worth the extra money then move on. The fans will be disappointed for a bit, but they'll move on when we sign the next Ronaldo. 

This assumes we have the money to spend.

We still need another striker, a RB etc. There will be a budget. Spending 1 Mllion more here is one million less elsewhere etc

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Would be a shame if someone sees his value/potential and slaps a 5m euro bid in now.

Just got to hope Kamil has already chosen his patio furniture for his 3 story town house in Normanton.

I’m not sure he will be forced to live with all the other Eastern Europeans in Normanton. He will end up in either Heatherton or Belper-way. 

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

This assumes we have the money to spend.

We still need another striker, a RB etc. There will be a budget. Spending 1 Mllion more here is one million less elsewhere etc

It’ll be alright. We’ll just go to our magic full back tree, and sell another to make up the shortfall.

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Haha I love your faith - But I feel like recent history has left me finding it hard to imagine us unearthing such and dream

I'm essentially just hoping we pay money and get a player who is worth that much

32 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

If it's only 1 million, please feel free to throw some this way.

7 minutes ago, erathirea said:

I've got to say I am, by now, sick of people reusing the camel and hump puns. Needs something more original, but bactria-cki-n through the thread I can't see any others being used.

If it wasn't for the camel puns this thread would be deserted

53 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It’s difficult.

We acted on principle and told Exeter to duck themselves when they tried to play dirty with Ollie Watkins, and he’s now been sold for £30 million. It probably would have been worth abandoning our moral stance with that one.

However, there are obviously no guarantees that Jowziak will be anywhere near as much of a success as Watkins was. 

There's also no guarantee that Watkins would have been anywhere near as successful here or indeed anywhere else other than Brentford.

He could have gone to another club and been a complete flop and we'd be saying thank duck we didn't pay £2m for him let alone 4.

35 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Fully agree. It's getting a reputation for paying inflated fees and wages that has led to the stadium being 'sold'. It may well be prudent to walk away from this to highlight that we won't be taken for mugs any longer. I'm sure I read that the player is out of contract next summer, so they are taking a big risk if their actions make us walk away.

2 minutes ago, Coconut said:

There's also no guarantee that Watkins would have been anywhere near as successful here or indeed anywhere else other than Brentford.

He could have gone to another club and been a complete flop and we'd be saying thank duck we didn't pay £2m for him let alone 4.

I was just thinking that - if we'd signed him he'd have probably scored a total of 4 goals and we'd be desperate for Millwall to take him on loan....

43 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m not sure he will be forced to live with all the other Eastern Europeans in Normanton. He will end up in either Heatherton or Belper-way. 

I've got a spare room. If he scores 5 goals, i will kick the lad out of the big bedroom. 

Archived