Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The big hit of £25.1m was in 19/20 (as of April 2019), whereas 18/19 was just 4.6m, so will certainly increase if amortisation is recalculated. 29th March 2019, the club make it's P&S submissions for 2019, estimating a P&S loss of £37.7m. I struggle to see the adjusted amortisation being less than £6m.

I assume that is an estimate of the rolling 3 year P&S loss for the period 16/17, 17/18 and 18/19?

I haven't been keeping up very well with the analyses.......being distracted by being accused of living in Eastleigh...?

4 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Just wondering if any of the folks shouting 'pay the money' are the same ones who have criticised Mel for overpaying for players in the past and leaving us open to FFP issues?

Do the home work - then pay the money! 

If this kid is anything close to what we're led to believe then pay the money. The people at the club just need to make sure there is no doubt with how good he is. Murphy is available from Newcastle for £3m - he's a proven player at this level. A good player at this level. If we aren't sure then just move on, but this can simply be solved by just doing the hardwork watching him. We've got the money for the deal, although it leaves us shorter than we would like to be. I'm sure. 

Another options is to structure it differently. Say they wanted 4, and now want 5. 

Let's also say we were offering 3m up front plus 500k after 10 Int. Appearances and 500k if we get promotion...

Change that to now be "okay, you want more based on those 2 performances. Let's change it to £2.5m up front and £1.5m when he reaches 5 Int goals and £1m on promotion.

Or something like that.

39 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Who is Nathan and what contacts does he have ?

That reminds me of a civil service report that had a comment hand written in the margin

”round objects”

the next annotation was “who is Round and to what does he object”

?

56 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

40 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Just wondering if any of the folks shouting 'pay the money' are the same ones who have criticised Mel for overpaying for players in the past and leaving us open to FFP issues?

It’s difficult.

We acted on principle and told Exeter to duck themselves when they tried to play dirty with Ollie Watkins, and he’s now been sold for £30 million. It probably would have been worth abandoning our moral stance with that one.

However, there are obviously no guarantees that Jowziak will be anywhere near as much of a success as Watkins was. 

15 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

This isn't the first time a selling club ( or buying club for that matter ) moves the goalposts at the last minute.

Just let the club do what it thinks is best

I agree, only the club can make that decision they know what budget they have and what they value the player at.

DET saying they originally wants €4m plus addons we would only offer €3m plus addons but after the sale of Lowe & Bogle we matched their original asking price which they have now upped to €5m off the back of his 2 performances for Poland.

What I find interesting is that we were able to bid €3m even before sales so we must have a decent pot to spend with the sales as well, could be only €1-2m of the Bogle/Lowe money will be spent on Jozwiak

Can't really blame the club for this one. It sounds like Lech are just chancing it to try and get the extra cash. I don't see how two half baked internationals that essentially amount to an extension of pre-season should lump an extra million on to the fee.

I'd like him to sign but we can't really be seen to just cave otherwise every club we deal with now will know they can just hike the price at the last minute and there is a chance we'll pay it. If he signs I suspect it's because we will meet them in the middle somehow.

Archived