v Northampton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the draw for round five at least. 

There will be many changes I'm sure for the trip to Luton and we need them tbh. I agree with the post above which asks what our style of play is under Cocu. I am loathe to judge before he's had time to mould *his* squad but we just seem so clueless, especially away from home.

1 minute ago, Silko said:

Didn’t hear anything of interest happening during the game ... checked the stats at the end ...60% possession with not a single shot on target the whole game am I reading this correctly?

Isn’t this the norm under Cocu ?

The positives 

were still in the the hat 

whitiker had has his first meaningful touches of the ball at senior level 

Roos took some crosses 

Malone appears hell bent on getting himself ousted from the club this window 

Negatives 

everything else 

Slow ball movement, slow tempo, players showing for ur and the man on the ball waiting and waiting and waiting ... space gone and they have to play it back 

and repeat 

There was literally nothing good about that 

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well, that was awful. Those complaining about players like Martin and Marriott not starting games... watch that pile of bank. Shocking, shocking performance. There’s a reason these players don’t play in our first choice lineup.

Cos Waghorn came on and changed the game?! ?

Who put the ball through to Marriott 1st half? Who put the ball through to Knight?

Who put the ball through to Marriott and Martin?!!!

Pretty boring game. Won’t list all the obvious floors beyond Malone being horrendous, the referee being just as bad and the pitch not helping. 

Think Whittaker made a decent impact but we lost all intent when Marriott went off.

Should beat them at home on a functioning pitch with a referee with eyes. 

Ok, it were rubbish but difficult to look good against a side that limited, physical & with a blatantly biased home ref. Hope their MOM  is enjoying his prosecco after escaping the most blatant red card ever, sup up quick son...ref wants a tub too. Great experience for Sibley, Knight & Bird though. Onwards & upwards ?

4 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yeh but he wished he was a bit taller and had a rabbit in a hat with a bat tbf.

At league 2 level he's decent, if a bit injury prone

Reckon that he'd get into this Derby team tbh

Saying that, after that turgid last 2 hours would quite enjoy Connor sammon back just for some comedy value

Archived