New Years Resolutions

Coneheadjohn

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

Say what I think on the forum and call out the eejits! 

You see, this is my problem, I post without counting to ten then spend a week feeling bad. You will probably give due consideration before hitting submit reply.

I’ve been quite beastly to Kash and RoyMac5 in the last week or so and wish I hadn’t, my impulse posting can give a false impression but hey, it’s me, I am quite a good egg really. 

Happy New Year to you and yours Angie. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose it'd be quite nice if even a modicum of exercise (walking from one pub to another) didn't come with stitch, a mild shortness of breath, a dull ache in the chest and sharp pains down either one of, or both, arms but I suppose the only way around that would be committing to drinking less beer and doing more exercise, so I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to navigate this particular situation.

Sith Happens

5th day of my 6 week alcohol free stint. Going ok so far, cheating some as allowing myself alcohol free beer. Some argue its not allowed as often contains a small amount of alcohol but then so does lots of things.  Orange juice for example could contain more alcohol than alcohol free beer.

Going to do my first weigh tomorrow morning. Expecting to be about 13 and half stone. Would like to get to 12 stone but won't do that in 6 weeks just want to kick start it.

On 04/01/2020 at 03:06, Coconut said:

I suppose it'd be quite nice if even a modicum of exercise (walking from one pub to another) didn't come with stitch, a mild shortness of breath, a dull ache in the chest and sharp pains down either one of, or both, arms but I suppose the only way around that would be committing to drinking less beer and doing more exercise, so I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to navigate this particular situation.

More sex will do it mate.?

Anyone tried one of the so called "fasting" regimes?

I'm trying a 16:8 version that means going 16 hours without eating. So if your last meal/snack of the day is 7.00pm, don't eat until at least 11.00am the next morning. Only drink water, and tea or coffee without milk and sugar, during this period.

It sounds horrendous but ive done it for a week so far and it basically means I'm skipping breakfast and not snacking during the evening.

No special diet, pretty much eat what I did before just not outside the fasting period. I feel better and I've moved a notch on me belt!

Apparently there's some science behind it that says after so many hours without food the body begins to "eat" the fat that hangs around your organs, supposedly doesn't affect muscle, just body fat. 

I'll be having a beer or two this weekend so that will probably undo all the good work....

Instead of Dry January I'm doing Fry January this year. Made it up mesen. This is breakfast #13 so far. 

Screenshot_20200113-110806_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ac8c1e1ff07e14f899cf3c32be6e9651.jpg

Part 1 of my new year resolution is a morning run or gym followed by a bowl of stodgy filth to set me up for the day without accidently finding myself at a kfc drive through at 11am.

Part 2 started yesterday - dragging the kids out for a big family dog walk ending up at the pub for a Sunday roast - every Sunday regardless of the weather or whatever fortnite event happens to be going down that weekend. 

I'm starting week 2 of my potato diet - potato's for breakfast, lunch and dinner (with a chicken breast for protein every 3 days).  Its going really well, you feel full so aren't tempted to snack but it is a little boring!

Lost 7lb in 7 days.  If I can drop another 7 this week that will be a stone gone in a fortnight.  The challenge will then be to eat normally and keep it off!

14 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I'm starting week 2 of my potato diet - potato's for breakfast, lunch and dinner (with a chicken breast for protein every 3 days).  Its going really well, you feel full so aren't tempted to snack but it is a little boring!

Lost 7lb in 7 days.  If I can drop another 7 this week that will be a stone gone in a fortnight.  The challenge will then be to eat normally and keep it off!

Is it just boiled potatoes or can you have chips?

What about booze? Does that count as potatoes?

27 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Is it just boiled potatoes or can you have chips?

What about booze? Does that count as potatoes?

My wife cooks them them and lets them cool, this turns a lot of the sugar into resistant starch.  She then reheats them in the oven which makes the skin nice and crunchy.  I have those for breakfast and lunch and jacket potato (or 3) for dinner.  The idea is you eat them plain, as you only eat to fill yourself up but if I really can't face another bowl I sprinkle some chilli flakes on.

The diet also recommends black coffee and water for drinks but I've swapped the water for coke zero.  No booze!

Its not really a diet for long term as you can lose muscle mass and eating only one food you're missing essential nutirents but as a short term kick start to the new year its really effective.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/potato-diet#1

I'm probably only having 800 caleries/day (I think you're suppose to have 1800 as a man) but because they are so filling you don't get hungry or are tempted to snack.  

If all goes well I'll lose another 7lb this week then I'll swap to a more natural healthy eating routine to keep the weight off.  Then I'll do the same again next month to get down to my target weight.  

The poor dog's never gonna be walked so much...

9 hours ago, maxjam said:

I'd last 15 mins tops on that diet. It sounds absolutely horrendous. All diets sound horrendous to me actually - you'll never catch me on one!

Good luck tho!

Archived