New Years Resolutions

Coneheadjohn

2 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

I'd last 15 mins tops on that diet. It sounds absolutely horrendous. All diets sound horrendous to me actually - you'll never catch me on one!

Good luck tho!

I'm fortunate in that I quite like potatoes and whilst I've had the odd day that I really wasn't looking forwards to eating another one of the damn things I've also got enough willpower to stick to the plan. 

I also like quick fixes and you can do anything for 2 weeks!  If I can drop a stone in that time it will have been well worth it ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/01/2020 at 19:27, uttoxram75 said:

Anyone tried one of the so called "fasting" regimes?

I'm trying a 16:8 version that means going 16 hours without eating. So if your last meal/snack of the day is 7.00pm, don't eat until at least 11.00am the next morning. Only drink water, and tea or coffee without milk and sugar, during this period.

It sounds horrendous but ive done it for a week so far and it basically means I'm skipping breakfast and not snacking during the evening.

No special diet, pretty much eat what I did before just not outside the fasting period. I feel better and I've moved a notch on me belt!

Apparently there's some science behind it that says after so many hours without food the body begins to "eat" the fat that hangs around your organs, supposedly doesn't affect muscle, just body fat. 

I'll be having a beer or two this weekend so that will probably undo all the good work....

How’s this going mate? 

1 hour ago, Van Cone De Head said:

How’s this going mate? 

Lost a couple of kilos, feel better, I'm a bugger for not going to the doctors but I had a medical at work last year, my BP was high, and was told possible diabetes type symptoms.

BP is down and the symptoms I was told to look out for have gone.....Will keep it up as its not bothering me at all, without being too graphic, my toilet movements are much improved as well.?

Feel sound to lead the chants tomorrow  after a few pints of Bass ???

• 2 weeks later...

One month done an alcohol free, 8lbs lost.

2 weeks to go for both of us, valentines meal booked will be our first drink of 2020.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

2 weeks to go for both of us, valentines meal booked will be our first drink of 2020.

Well done, keep it up!

I did the first 2 weeks of January on my potato diet and lost 14lb in 14 days and am just finishing a further 2 weeks of eating sensibly and have lost another 4lb.  

Back on the potato's again for another 2 weeks starting Monday after which I'll have hopefully dropped down to my target weight. 

Its been remarkably easy so far - the 2 weeks eating nothing but potato's is boring but the results are immediate which keeps the motivation up and by making a few minor adjustments to my regular diet I haven't felt as though I'm missing out or compromising myself (which would lead to temptation) so am pretty pleased with the progress so far.

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Well done, keep it up!

I did the first 2 weeks of January on my potato diet and lost 14lb in 14 days and am just finishing a further 2 weeks of eating sensibly and have lost another 4lb.  

Back on the potato's again for another 2 weeks starting Monday after which I'll have hopefully dropped down to my target weight. 

Its been remarkably easy so far - the 2 weeks eating nothing but potato's is boring but the results are immediate which keeps the motivation up and by making a few minor adjustments to my regular diet I haven't felt as though I'm missing out or compromising myself (which would lead to temptation) so am pretty pleased with the progress so far.

Thats a good old weight loss.

I havent really been eating any different, although what I find is i dont snack the same when not having a beer. So really just cutting out the alcohol calories and snack calories.

When we are over the alcohol ban need to keep it up. I do make the mistake of having a stressful day at work and getting home a cracking a beer open, which turns into 3 then have some crisps and cheese aswell as my meal. Just need to make sure i restrict having a beer to weekends for a while.

I would like to have make it a stone by the end of the 6 weeks but that wont happen now, but if I can perhaps lose another 2 or 3 lbs over the next two weeks i will be happy. My overall target is another one and a half stone to get back to what i always was.

I always have excercised but have gradually been increasing this, doing 4 hours of cardio over the week.

The best thing is already clothes arent feeling so snug, only problem is if i achieve my overall target is i will need an new wardrobe....

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Thats a good old weight loss.

I havent really been eating any different, although what I find is i dont snack the same when not having a beer. So really just cutting out the alcohol calories and snack calories.

When we are over the alcohol ban need to keep it up. I do make the mistake of having a stressful day at work and getting home a cracking a beer open, which turns into 3 then have some crisps and cheese aswell as my meal. Just need to make sure i restrict having a beer to weekends for a while.

I would like to have make it a stone by the end of the 6 weeks but that wont happen now, but if I can perhaps lose another 2 or 3 lbs over the next two weeks i will be happy. My overall target is another one and a half stone to get back to what i always was.

I always have excercised but have gradually been increasing this, doing 4 hours of cardio over the week.

The best thing is already clothes arent feeling so snug, only problem is if i achieve my overall target is i will need an new wardrobe....

Thats been my downfall tbh, I work from home and my wife loves cooking so am prone to snack during the day and look forwards to a beer at night.  I've knocked 90% of the snacks on the head and limit myself to 4 cans of beer over a Saturday/Sunday - still having enough to avoid cravings but not having to much to gain weight.

I still need to up my exercise (which I will look at doing after I've finished my next 2 weeks potato diet).  We've got a young dog now that I walk for 2x 30-40 mins per day which is helping but working from home means I'm still sitting down virtually all day every day.  I need to work out how to fit something thats not boring or repetitive into my schedule.

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

Thats been my downfall tbh, I work from home and my wife loves cooking so am prone to snack during the day and look forwards to a beer at night.  I've knocked 90% of the snacks on the head and limit myself to 4 cans of beer over a Saturday/Sunday - still having enough to avoid cravings but not having to much to gain weight.

I still need to up my exercise (which I will look at doing after I've finished my next 2 weeks potato diet).  We've got a young dog now that I walk for 2x 30-40 mins per day which is helping but working from home means I'm still sitting down virtually all day every day.  I need to work out how to fit something thats not boring or repetitive into my schedule.

Im back to the gym but only weekends. In the week doing 4 days 40 min sessions on the exercise bike. On it at 5.50am in the morning before work. 

Catching up on loads of boxsets.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I started on Keto on the 6th January, not exactly a new years resolution - just happened to fall at the start of the year. Lost 17lbs so far.

I do still drink on the diet (hard stuff only), but significantly less. I've only had one or two drinks.

Muckerette's trying to (lovingly) force me on to a diet.

She said we could do it together, to which I immediately agreed... on the assumption we step onto the scales together, and any subsequent weight loss/gain is a team effort... "between us", if you will.

... she wasn't overly amused! ?

21 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I started on Keto on the 6th January, not exactly a new years resolution - just happened to fall at the start of the year. Lost 17lbs so far.

I do still drink on the diet (hard stuff only), but significantly less. I've only had one or two drinks.

The missus has been on Keto for 18 months and has lost around 10 kg. I started to get a bit serious with it after i came back home from the final last year. She put a video on Facebook  of me dancing, well trying to, at Jorrocks and it wasn’t pretty. I went  from 93 kg to 86 kg in 4 months and just do keto on and off to hold by weight at 86. Even started doing the 5 km parkrun every Saturday. Watch out Jorricks next time I’m over.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Whoo can have a beer today,  6 weeks alcohol free done 12lbs lost. 

I was 10st 6lb before Christmas having not drank any alcohol for 3 years.

Started drinking. Now 12st 10lb.

Luckily it’s still a more than healthy weight, but still, alcohol is the devil.

40 minutes ago, David said:

My problem is the crisps and snacks i eat when i have a beer or two. 

I still need to lose another 12lb but a good start

4 hours ago, David said:

Depends on the alcohol. Bitter/Lager? Yes.

Spirit & Diet mixer is my weapon of choice.

7 hours ago, David said:

You don't want to believe the BMI range that the NHS tout on their website

You can be overweight according to their calculator but have a body like the The Rock as its all high density muscle mass or still fit within their acceptable range at the other range and resemble a skeleton.

Archived